Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

Hey All!

Kevin Wilson here.
Ft. Bragg, NC
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
Novice: I'm just trying to get into overlanding. I have always enjoyed the outdoors; countless backpacking trips and camping, but very new to vehicle expedition. My beautiful wife bought me (us) a new Tepui RTT which we are extremely excited to try.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this group and hopefully doing some meet-ups to get a hands on education. I will be transitioning out of the military over the next year after 8 years of active duty. I think it's just time to move on and start a new chapter in my life as my wife and I are expecting our first child this coming January. Time for a break from deployments and long absences.

Nice to meet everyone! Please, feel free to contact me about any and everything.

Brian KM4KIS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Jasper, TN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Hudson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4KIS/G
Service Branch
US Navy Submarines
Hi all, my name is Brian and I just joined OB at the Overland Expo East. Thanks Ryan for filling my ears with all the ways this group is awesome!

My wife and I do venture out into wilderness areas with our two dogs for hiking/climbing, but nothing worse than well-maintained forest service roads. We're ready to take the next step and start doing some more serious travel. I'd like to make my 2000 WJ (231k miles) into a capable enough ride until I can upgrade in the not-too-distant future. So far, only a 2" budget boost and upsized Duratracs.

IMG_20170512_164040 (1).jpg
My Icom IC-7100 and Kenwood TM-D710G give me coverage on 80m through 23cm ham bands + GPS/APRS. Being out in the wild was the reason I got into ham radio in the first place.

20170807_064138.jpg

We're expecting our first kid (girl) at Thanksgiving so I'll probably be consumed with all the fun that brings, but I'm hoping I can get out and explore with this group. I'm new to this whole thing and eager to learn from all of you. Cheers!

Instagram: @gr4vityrider

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey All!

Kevin Wilson here.
Ft. Bragg, NC
Novice: I'm just trying to get into overlanding. I have always enjoyed the outdoors; countless backpacking trips and camping, but very new to vehicle expedition. My beautiful wife bought me (us) a new Tepui RTT which we are extremely excited to try.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this group and hopefully doing some meet-ups to get a hands on education. I will be transitioning out of the military over the next year after 8 years of active duty. I think it's just time to move on and start a new chapter in my life as my wife and I are expecting our first child this coming January. Time for a break from deployments and long absences.

Nice to meet everyone! Please, feel free to contact me about any and everything.
Hello Kevin and welcome to the OB crew...thank you for your sevice

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all, my name is Brian and I just joined OB at the Overland Expo East. Thanks Ryan for filling my ears with all the ways this group is awesome!

My wife and I do venture out into wilderness areas with our two dogs for hiking/climbing, but nothing worse than well-maintained forest service roads. We're ready to take the next step and start doing some more serious travel. I'd like to make my 2000 WJ (231k miles) into a capable enough ride until I can upgrade in the not-too-distant future. So far, only a 2" budget boost and upsized Duratracs.

View attachment 36103
My Icom IC-7100 and Kenwood TM-D710G give me coverage on 80m through 23cm ham bands + GPS/APRS. Being out in the wild was the reason I got into ham radio in the first place.

View attachment 36108

We're expecting our first kid (girl) at Thanksgiving so I'll probably be consumed with all the fun that brings, but I'm hoping I can get out and explore with this group. I'm new to this whole thing and eager to learn from all of you. Cheers!

Instagram: @gr4vityider
Hello Brian and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig and congrats on being a new dad soon

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello!

Current Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Bmw 525i
Overland Experience: Newbie
Why Overlanding?: I'm main passion in life is surfing, and overlanding allows me to travel to far destinations where waves are good and not crowded. I'm also in the automotive industry :)
Hello Andy from the Inland Empire and welcome to OB! Come out to one of the meet-ups that have been setup in SoCal...there is one on Saturday the 21st and another on Sunday the 22nd. You can get details here...https://www.overlandbound.com/event/?region=West

Revere

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, Kentucky
Member #

Hey! I just signed up for OB recently. I have travelled the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in Kentucky a lot, but I'm looking forward to meeting people from here and travelling a little further. Next summer I plan on going to Colorado and spending several days going from Denver to the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

My rig is in the picture below. It's a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Overland. I live in Kentucky, but have the flag on the front because I'm from the UK!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey! I just signed up for OB recently. I have travelled the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in Kentucky a lot, but I'm looking forward to meeting people from here and travelling a little further. Next summer I plan on going to Colorado and spending several days going from Denver to the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

My rig is in the picture below. It's a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Overland. I live in Kentucky, but have the flag on the front because I'm from the UK!

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig and rtt

Reactions: Revere

Runnen4fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bay Area
Member #

IMG_3633.JPG IMG_3737.JPG Hello my name is Matthew and I am totally new to this I do however I enjoy camping and the outdoors and I'm very interested in making some new friends and having some fun taking my kids out to see some things I've never seen before I'm very happy to be a part of something more than just myself I started with lowered cars and moved to this I know opposite but I love life so fun comes in all shapes and sizes I went from a lowered 1972 Datsun 510 to a 2016 4 runner I live in the San Leandro CA i'm here hoping to learn maybe do a couple trips without the kids so that I can adapt don't have any friends as of now who do this and I don't know any trails so anyone in my area willing to give advice or help any knowledge is good knowledge to me thank you all

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 36129 View attachment 36127 Hello my name is Matthew and I am totally new to this I do however I enjoy camping and the outdoors and I'm very interested in making some new friends and having some fun taking my kids out to see some things I've never seen before I'm very happy to be a part of something more than just myself I started with lowered cars and moved to this I know opposite but I love life so fun comes in all shapes and sizes I went from a lowered 1972 Datsun 510 to a 2016 4 runner I live in the San Leandro CA i'm here hoping to learn maybe do a couple trips without the kids so that I can adapt don't have any friends as of now who do this and I don't know any trails so anyone in my area willing to give advice or help any knowledge is good knowledge to me thank you all
Hello Mathew and welcome to the OB crew...well your not alone anymore

Tundred7904

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lexington park MD
Member #

Hi I am a beginner to overlanding, enjoy outdoor activities like backpacking, hunting, or just being outside.
I have a 05 Toyota tundra DC 4x4 that has not been moded out for overlanding but hopefully soon.
I am military stationed out of Patuxent River NAS MD

Reactions: Chadlyb

Quinton

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
My name is Quinton, and I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I recently bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler, mainly just for fun to putt around town in. However, I started down the youtube channel and found videos of people who are turning their vehicles into overland rigs. This intrigued me like nothing has before. After that I decided that my jeep will have a new purpose in life. Being from Utah I have always been immersed by the jeep culture, and the outdoor lifestyle, so overloading is something that really interests me. Currently I am slowly adding different mods to make my Jeep overland worthy. I am hoping by next late spring early summer I can have it outfitted enough to take my first overland trip. I am really excited for this build and to become a member of this community.

Jeep Water.jpg

Reactions: NightCrawler

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,
My name is Quinton, and I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I recently bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler, mainly just for fun to putt around town in. However, I started down the youtube channel and found videos of people who are turning their vehicles into overland rigs. This intrigued me like nothing has before. After that I decided that my jeep will have a new purpose in life. Being from Utah I have always been immersed by the jeep culture, and the outdoor lifestyle, so overloading is something that really interests me. Currently I am slowly adding different mods to make my Jeep overland worthy. I am hoping by next late spring early summer I can have it outfitted enough to take my first overland trip. I am really excited for this build and to become a member of this community.

View attachment 36148
Hello Quinton and welcome to the OB crew...nice jeep

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Hey All!

Kevin Wilson here.
Ft. Bragg, NC

All Right!!! Another Nissan Fan!

Reactions: Kevin Wilson

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone,

We just got back form Overland Expo East!

My wife and I signed up to be members at the Expo. We will receive our member number and badge at a later time, but we are excited to be a part of this community of explorers.

We hope to meet you out there in our overland travels. We look forward to it.

1) Picture of Rig: View attachment 35957
2) Location: Kentucky
3) Rig: Sportsmobile - 2014 E350 Ford 4x4
4) Overlanding Experience Background: We are experienced at overlanding, backpacking, car camping, kayaking, and road and mountain biking.
Hello upzmtn and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Previous Vehicle: 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I've always been interested in getting outside and enjoying the sites. Avid fisher, hunter, hiker and camper. I recently had the opportunity to buy a M1101 trailer for conversion (still in progress) and just spent my first night in it. Looking forward to gaining expertise as I continue to build out both my 4Runner and the trailer. Thrilled to be apart of the community. Feel free to reach out! @Affinity_Overland

View attachment 35990
Hello Affinity Overland and welcome to OB! Nice rigs and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey there everyone!

My family and I live on the eastern shore of MD. Spend a lot of time on the beach but now we're looking to get into some mountains, so anyone with good info on VA or PA trails or spots please let me know.

We currently have a 2016 4Runner. And we're new to overlanding.
Hi Donnie and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 2007 Toyota 4runner Sport
Overland Experience: Moderate

View attachment 36007

View attachment 36009

View attachment 36011

I am a founding member of Peach State Overland here in the South East US. I have been driving a 4wd since I was 11 down in South Georgia. Over the past few years I have developed a love of Overlanding here in the South East. I have taken my 2007 4Runner to places such as Point Washington State Park in Florida, to Talladega National Forest in Alabama, up to Windrock Terrain Park in Nothern Tennessee, and across to Uwharrie National Park in North Carolina. I have completed a couple of larger trips to Utah, OuterBanks, and recently documented the Red Clay Rally. I currently host a small Social Event in Kennesaw, GA on the first Thursday of every month from 7-10pm where we have been averaging 20+ rigs at the most recent events. Would love to keep it growing. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)
Hi Patrick and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!