Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

upzmtn

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kentucky
Member #

Hi Everyone,

We just got back form Overland Expo East!

My wife and I signed up to be members at the Expo. We will receive our member number and badge at a later time, but we are excited to be a part of this community of explorers.

We hope to meet you out there in our overland travels. We look forward to it.

1) Picture of Rig: smb.jpeg
2) Location: Kentucky
3) Rig: Sportsmobile - 2014 E350 Ford 4x4
4) Overlanding Experience Background: We are experienced at overlanding, backpacking, car camping, kayaking, and road and mountain biking.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I signed up to be members at the Expo. We will receive our member number and badge at a later time, but we are excited to be a part of this community of explorers.

1) Picture of Rig: View attachment 35957
4) Overlanding Experience Background: We are experienced at overlanding, backpacking, car camping, kayaking, and road and mountain biking.
Hello there...welcome to the OB crew..that is one bad van...love it..

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
hello! new here. looking to meet people and travel about!
I live in Northern AZ.
Working on building my 2nd gen taco. New(ish) to Overlanding. Went to the expo in Flagstaff, AZ and never looked back. Just got my badge and looking to explore and make new friends. Cheers! put up some pics so people can see what I am working with.
Welcome from California, Love the Tacoma setup, I'm looking to upgrade to newer one soon.

Reactions: 716T4RnR

Traveler I

Raleigh, North Carolina
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Previous Vehicle: 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I've always been interested in getting outside and enjoying the sites. Avid fisher, hunter, hiker and camper. I recently had the opportunity to buy a M1101 trailer for conversion (still in progress) and just spent my first night in it. Looking forward to gaining expertise as I continue to build out both my 4Runner and the trailer. Thrilled to be apart of the community. Feel free to reach out! @Affinity_Overland

IMG_4410 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2014 4Runner Trail
Why Overlanding?: I've always been interested in getting outside and enjoying the sites. Avid fisher, hunter, hiker and camper. I recently had the opportunity to buy a M1101 trailer for conversion (still in progress) and just spent my first night in it. Looking forward to gaining expertise as I continue to build out both my 4Runner and the trailer. Thrilled to be apart of the community. Feel free to reach out! @Affinity_Overland

View attachment 35990
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great trailer for beginning your adventure life.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi Everyone,

1) Picture of Rig: View attachment 35957
Hello upzmtn from Southern California. Welcome to OB and I am sure glad to have someone with overland experience join our forum conversations. Nice rig you have there...hope to see ya out on the trails someday!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TrailT

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4ZV
Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro (ordered...not yet in!)
Previous Vehicle: 2008 Acura MDX
Why Overlanding?: My wife and I grew up camping and enjoying the great outdoors in Oregon in the 1970s and '80s. Seven years ago she started experiencing severe symptoms from a rare disease, including impact to her mobility. Always adventure-lovers, overlanding is our ticket to living life adventurously and to the fullest, regardless of the challenges life throws at you!

The turkey profile photo is from this past weekend on our drive back from Overland Expo East in Asheville. Awesome trip! I'll replace the turkey with our new rig when it arrives...can't wait!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Current Vehicle: 2014 4Runner Trail

View attachment 35990
Hello Affinity_Overland from Southern California. Welcome to OB...glad to have you aboard!!! Nice trailer you have there.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Why Overlanding?: My wife and I grew up camping and enjoying the great outdoors in Oregon in the 1970s and '80s. Seven years ago she started experiencing severe symptoms from a rare disease, including impact to her mobility. Always adventure-lovers, overlanding is our ticket to living life adventurously and to the fullest, regardless of the challenges life throws at you!

The turkey profile photo is from this past weekend on our drive back from Overland Expo East in Asheville. Awesome trip! I'll replace the turkey with our new rig when it arrives...can't wait!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great vehicle combination...Toyota and Acura...same as mine...cant wait to see the new Toy....

Reactions: TrailT

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi there from central California. New to overland bound but a moderately experienced camper. No rig yet but working on it.
Hello John from Southern California. Welcome to OB...I am sure you will find the perfect overland vehicle!!! There are plenty of examples in these forums to look at before you choose one.

Reactions: John D.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

Hello BubbaBlue from Southern California. Welcome to you and your wife to the OB family. Congrats on the new purchase and can't wait to see the photo posts when it arrives.

Traveler I

Raleigh, North Carolina
Member #

Welcome! Definitely excited about seeing the pics...what color did you go with? Overland Expo East was a blast, last time I we had 3 wild turkeys run right passed us on the main lawn at the Biltmore. They're so quick.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks, I have about 40 hours in it so far with rust removal, primer, and metal fab/modification. Worth every minute, that first night of sleeping in the tent was very fulfilling.
Well keep it up and please share it with us...youre doing great...i bet it was like Christmas eve ...