• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33069 Hello to all,

I am a newbie and currently live in Boston. I have a 2007 Honda Pilot that I got as a gift last October and is my only vehicle. My experience is novice. Back in '92 I lived in Silverthorne CO and had an '85 k5 blazer. I was able to play in the mountains with it.
I am a Mtn biker and the Pilot has enabled longer trips for destination car camping. I have seen a few threads of members building up a Pilot.
I am excited to learn from this group!
Robert
Hey Toby and welcome to OB! Nice looking Pilot! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: tobyjefe

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

View attachment 33069 Hello to all,

I am a newbie and currently live in Boston. I have a 2007 Honda Pilot that I got as a gift last October and is my only vehicle. My experience is novice. Back in '92 I lived in Silverthorne CO and had an '85 k5 blazer. I was able to play in the mountains with it.
I am a Mtn biker and the Pilot has enabled longer trips for destination car camping. I have seen a few threads of members building up a Pilot.
I am excited to learn from this group!
Robert
Welcome Robert! Great looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Steve Blair

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lexington Ky
Member #

Hey there!

I'm Steve. Just signed up the other day and very excited to be part of this community.

I spend a majority of my free time hiking and camping, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors, but I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding.

I'm based in Lexington Kentucky

Rig: stock 2006 Toyota 4Runner sport. Which seems to be able to handle some rough terrain. (I had it in some pretty rough/muddy terrain the other day and it did well)

Pics to come.

Again. Thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to the future with this community.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey there!

I'm Steve. Just signed up the other day and very excited to be part of this community.

I spend a majority of my free time hiking and camping, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors, but I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding.

I'm based in Lexington Kentucky

Rig: stock 2006 Toyota 4Runner sport. Which seems to be able to handle some rough terrain. (I had it in some pretty rough/muddy terrain the other day and it did well)

Pics to come.

Again. Thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to the future with this community.
Welcome Steve! Can't wait to see pics of your rig!

Reactions: Steve Blair

Commander Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Mandas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6JXZ
Hello,

I'm new to Overlanding, neat community here, looking forward to learning more.
I drive a 2006 Jeep Commander, stock for now, looking at some changes in the future.

Looking for that perfect spot on y rig for my emblem. Hope to trade info, I'm a comma guy and into solar and 12 volt, always looking to learn from others.

I

BoatViz

Rank 0

Traveler I

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Member #

Hello Guys!
Just finally signed up to the site, I live in Fort Lauderdale and have been setting up my rig little by little, doing all the work (except painting) myself to learn about my truck. I am looking forward to meeting some like minded people in hopes of going on some future fun overland bound adventures!

I own a 2011 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4
ARB OME suspension lift
ARB Front bumper fitted with a warn winch
FabFours rear bumper
Dual Viair compressor with five gallon tank

Near Future:
Dual Batteries
Front and Rear ARB air lockers

Taco on the Edge

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northern Arizona
Member #

First post, OB#7110
Current Vehicle: Inferno Orange '17 Taco. It is also my drive on a 90 mile daily commute. It's a trek, but you can't beat the scenery.
Previous Vehicle: '92 Dakota. Still have it, rounding off the 320,000 miles on the OD.
Overland Experience: Novice-ish. I've done some of this without the vehicle.

Reactions: Steve Blair

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello,

I'm new to Overlanding, neat community here, looking forward to learning more.
I drive a 2006 Jeep Commander, stock for now, looking at some changes in the future.

Looking for that perfect spot on y rig for my emblem. Hope to trade info, I'm a comma guy and into solar and 12 volt, always looking to learn from others.

I
Welcome Commander Pat! Lots of us newbies here, so we can all learn together. I have found this to be an awesome community so don't be afraid to ask any questions!

DorjamBuck90

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County
Member #

Good evening gentleman,
This seems like a pretty cool tight-nit community, so I am happy to be here.

My buddies from work call me Buck and I'm local to the Orange County, California area. I have a 2017 TRD Off-Road Premium 4Runner in Magnetic Gray. Basically it's been my dream truck since I was young, so I'm stoked to finally have it and I'm excited to get out in nature more often. Years ago I was inhibited by a long commute so I traded in a truck and picked up a Prius, which severely limited many adventures I could have had, however that thing is a beast and is still going to be the daily driver.

I used to hit some trails when I was fresh out of high school and had my truck, but have novice experience and never did much more than romp out in the desert and some mountain trails on my way to camp /hike. I'm a Marine Corps vet and basically told myself getting out of the military that I had done enough hiking and camping. I took a lengthy hiatus but the call is strong and I'm eager to get out there.

Thanks gets.
Here's a pic of the rig for your time

david_says

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Laguinto
Member #

New member here checking in! I'm David and I'm from Rohnert Park which is about an hour north of the golden gate. Just picked up my 2012 FJ back in July and have been loving it ever since! Not sure if there are other members in the area but if you spot me say what's up! I use to drive a modified 02 Impreza WRX before the FJ that I've had since 2005. Got tired of kids always trying to race me. Especially with my son in the car! As one would expect when you get older, priorities change, and all the traveling my family and I want to do couldn't be accomplished in a lowered Subaru on coilovers! Currently installed is a leveling kit and pro comp wheels wrapped in 285/70/17 bfg ko2's. Cheers!
IMG_2298.JPG

Frank J.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Itzstedt, Germany
Member #

Hey there to the US.
I´m Frank from northern Germany, near Hamburg. OB#6378
Traveling with my girl "Andrea" and our 2 tiny dogs over the EU (planed).
Right now we have only 2 weeks experiance with our rig, which is a ´97 Cherokee 4.0 aut. sports edition. Got a rtt, awning and self made rr and rear tirer- and canister carrier. We´re very pleased with the Jeep right now.
Hope to find some advise and maybe german or even EU members here.
You can find me at FB, look for Frank Jaksties

Keep the rubber side down!

Riley Daily

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Montana
Member #

Greetings everyone. I'm from Bozeman, Montana. I've always loved spending time away from the crowds and what better way to do that then hop in your rig and just keep driving until you have found a camp spot that fits your needs. I drive a 08 Wrangler with few upgrades and tow around a trailer that I built earlier this year. Super excited to be part of the community and being in contact with more like minded people. Heres a picture of the rig._MG_1469 2.jpeg

sstock86

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cleveland
Hello everyone! I'm Steve from Cleveland. My rig is a 2017 Tacoma with a 2" lift with fox shocks front and rear and 265/75/16 falken wildpeak mt's.

Looking forward to expanding my adventures since there's not much to explore in Northeast Ohio

Reactions: Beee