Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Durango
I'm new to overlanding. I've only taken my Durango on light trails so far. I'm currently in the process of making it reliable and I plan on lifting it 3" on 33" General Grabbers. I haven't seen many overland outfitted Durango's so I think it will be an awesome project. I can't wait to have it done and make it out to some events!
Welcome Jordan! There are a number of us newbies here! It is a friendly community so don't be afraid to ask questions!

Reactions: Jordan Howard

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Here is my first serious build from stock, soon to get a 3.4 swapped in and a SAS. it's a 92 on 35x14.5 SSR's with 4.88 Yukon gears, lock right in the rear tru-trac up front, trail gear bumper with a warn 9.5 ti winch, custom rear bumper built by my bro, rigid dualies, hids with clear lenses, headache rack with a high lift mount and a bed toolbox, 40 lb Danforth boat anchor for flat land swamp and beach winch extractions (works really well), 4runner bucket seats and mirrors, custom cold air intake and borla cat back with cat delete... It needs some love soon, it's been neglected. View attachment 32987 View attachment 32988 View attachment 32987 View attachment 32988 View attachment 32987 View attachment 32988
Welcome! Awesome Rig!

Stash12

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia
Member #

IMG_3075.jpg How's it going OB members. I'm Anastacio (stash) for short. I'm looking forward to getting involved with a community of off-road and outdoor enthusiast. Thanks for having me.
Vehicle: 1988 fj62
Overland Experience: i'm a rookie

Reactions: Beee

mulze22

Rank 0

Contributor I

WI
Hi everybody! I’m Mike and just getting into the whole Overlanding thing after coming across it a year or so ago. I’m located in Madison, WI and recently acquired a white 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 with 170k miles on it. The frame is a bit rusty and the lift gate needs some fixes too but otherwise its in great shape. Right now I’m getting it up to date starting with new Cooper Discoverer AT3s but my goal is to get Bilstein 5100s and a set of BFG K02s on there. I also recently upgraded my headlights and fog lights as those were necessary upgrades and cheap. I’m definitely a novice to the Overlanding thing so if there are any tips for starting small off in WI for some primitive campsites reachable by my rig I’m all ears.

IMG_9159.JPG

Reactions: Jordan Howard

Little Foot

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Overland Experience: Intermediate
I'm an Avid outdoorsman, grew up in the back woods of Alaska. Love to go wheeling, camping, and backpacking. Looking forward to doing more overland focused adventures to get to see more of this wonderful country! Have some neat things planned for the jeep. Hope to get to know all of you and share some amazing times with you!

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

So i d'like to say hello from Europe

My Name is Patrik and i come from Principality of Liechtenstein, a quite small country between Switzerland and Austria.

1) Pictures
2) Location
Ruggell, Liechtenstein
3) The Roof Top Tent is a Beduin Classic 170 from Beduin Tents & more. The RTT is from 1999 (!) and the former owner has been with it to severel locations like Africa, Marocco, Jemen,.... so that tent saw a lot of.
The RTT is mounted with Thule SquareBars on the railing of my Volkswagen Passat Variant 2.8 4Motion
4) Overlanding Expirience
Until I got the RTT sometimes I used to sleep in the car, but I always had the problem with space ( I'm 198cm / 6.5f big), even the stationwagon had not enough space for me. I have no offroad experience.
Welcome Patrik, can't wait to see those pics from the other side of the pond. I'm sure that rtt will be a gray addition to your adventures.
Beee

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

I'm an Avid outdoorsman, grew up in the back woods of Alaska. Love to go wheeling, camping, and backpacking. Looking forward to doing more overland focused adventures to get to see more of this wonderful country! Have some neat things planned for the jeep. Hope to get to know all of you and share some amazing times with you!
Welcome Little Foot, I'm sure there is plenty knowledge you will bring growing up in the great state of Alaska.
Beee

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

View attachment 33024 How's it going OB members. I'm Anastacio (stash) for short. I'm looking forward to getting involved with a community of off-road and outdoor enthusiast. Thanks for having me.
Welcome Stash! Awesome Pic!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi everybody! I’m Mike and just getting into the whole Overlanding thing after coming across it a year or so ago. I’m located in Madison, WI and recently acquired a white 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 with 170k miles on it. The frame is a bit rusty and the lift gate needs some fixes too but otherwise its in great shape. Right now I’m getting it up to date starting with new Cooper Discoverer AT3s but my goal is to get Bilstein 5100s and a set of BFG K02s on there. I also recently upgraded my headlights and fog lights as those were necessary upgrades and cheap. I’m definitely a novice to the Overlanding thing so if there are any tips for starting small off in WI for some primitive campsites reachable by my rig I’m all ears.

View attachment 33051
Welcome Mulze22- Mike! Have fun and stay safe!

Craig Cooper

Rank V

Advocate III

1083 Paha Packard Road, Ritzville, Washington 99169, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ki7aan
D7F5B650-AE92-4819-A899-614EF7F7A7E0.jpg Been a member for a while, OB#1965, finally getting on the forums. I've been overlanding since I was 16 in my Ford Curiour with a canopy and a home made platform system. Many many many rigs later, I'm enjoying my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I travel a lot with it, in fact, 600mi trip into the mountains and back this weekend with my sons. I currently live in Walla Walla Wa but travel a lot to Republic Wa where I have a camp that I'm building up as a base for overlander get togethers. I'm always more than willing to lend a hand, a wrench or just a ear. Look forward to meeting many of you. Craig Cooper, ki7aan.

97LC80Mississippi

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Madison, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Stafford
Member #

Hey! Name is Steven. Madison, MS

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Black. Basically stock. Daily driver. I'm focusing on core mechanics right now. Plan is for 2" lift. New bumpers. Basically will be a great camping rig that I can drive daily.

Pretty decent off road history. Prior off-road vehicles: 1978 Jeep CJ-7, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler, 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 2000 Land Rover Discover Series II, 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew FX-4 Lariat, 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser (totaled, but loved it so much I got my 97).

Hoping to meet some folks in Mississippi and the surrounding states.

Robert Walker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Burlington, Iowa
Member #

20170827_012038.jpg Hello everyone. I didn't get out this weekend, sadly, but I spent the time working on a piece of gear for my Cherokee. It's not done yet but is pretty close. Hopefully this addition will make getting out a little bit easer.

Reactions: Northernlady

tobyjefe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Tobin
Member #

IMG_4462.JPG Hello to all,

I am a newbie and currently live in Boston. I have a 2007 Honda Pilot that I got as a gift last October and is my only vehicle. My experience is novice. Back in '92 I lived in Silverthorne CO and had an '85 k5 blazer. I was able to play in the mountains with it.
I am a Mtn biker and the Pilot has enabled longer trips for destination car camping. I have seen a few threads of members building up a Pilot.
I am excited to learn from this group!
Robert

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33024 How's it going OB members. I'm Anastacio (stash) for short. I'm looking forward to getting involved with a community of off-road and outdoor enthusiast. Thanks for having me.
Hey, Stash and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Stash12

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33051
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice looking Sequoia! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: mulze22

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Little Foot and welcome to OB! Nice Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 33065 Been a member for a while, OB#1965, finally getting on the forums. I've been overlanding since I was 16 in my Ford Curiour with a canopy and a home made platform system. Many many many rigs later, I'm enjoying my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I travel a lot with it, in fact, 600mi trip into the mountains and back this weekend with my sons. I currently live in Walla Walla Wa but travel a lot to Republic Wa where I have a camp that I'm building up as a base for overlander get togethers. I'm always more than willing to lend a hand, a wrench or just a ear. Look forward to meeting many of you. Craig Cooper, ki7aan.
Howdy Craig and welcome to the Forums! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Craig Cooper

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey! Name is Steven. Madison, MS

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Black. Basically stock. Daily driver. I'm focusing on core mechanics right now. Plan is for 2" lift. New bumpers. Basically will be a great camping rig that I can drive daily.

Pretty decent off road history. Prior off-road vehicles: 1978 Jeep CJ-7, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler, 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 2000 Land Rover Discover Series II, 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew FX-4 Lariat, 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser (totaled, but loved it so much I got my 97).

Hoping to meet some folks in Mississippi and the surrounding states.
Hey Steven and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!