Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

matty

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fort Worth
Member #

Hi All! Happy to finally join Overland Bound. Big thanks to Michael for pulling this venture together!

Rig1: 1996 E350 7.3L 4x4 (see below - more pics to come)
Rig2: 2012 Rav4 v6 4x4
Overlanding Experience: No off-road experience, wanting to learn . Lots of traveling on family vacations when I was a kid – want to do a lot more of that now that I’m an “adult”.

upload_2017-7-31_18-33-1.png

Jody Johnson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Burlington
Member #

Hello, my name is Jody Johnson from Burlington Vt. I have a 16 Ram 2500 Diesel with a 5 inch lift and 37's. An EzTopper tent, winch, ARB awning and a few more goodies. Intermediate level and looking forward to improving.

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Hello all!
My name is Chris.
I live in East Haddam Ct.
I have a 2011 toyota 4runner.
(Work in progress)
I'm new to the overlanding sport but I've been four wheeling for 20+ years.
I'm excited about putting some miles under my belt overlanding!
I look forward to learning a ton of info from everyone's experiences here!

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all,
I've been Overlanding for +20 years now in everything from the Sand, Snow, Mud, and Rocks. Been doing my own mods for years on my Jeeps and Trucks and the newest addition is my wife Amy's 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road that has a long list of mods already done in first few weeks we have owned it and a lot more to come.... We are in Southeast Texas and spend a lot of time on the beach.

Current Rigs:

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Lifted on 33's and on and on
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium - Lifted on 285/70's and on

Hi, Leeanddamy - Welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy the open roads!

Reactions: leeandamy

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Hi to All!!
New member from Traverse City, MI starting last weekend. #6597. Received 2 new badges and promptly installed them on my 2011 Tundra. It has 5" Zone lift, KMC Machetes, 33" Dick Cepek Fun Countries, Bushwacker Flares, Paramount grill wirh light bar, Spyderco Halo/LED headlights/tail lights, Thule Rack, Rhino Rack, Softopper with bars.

Looking at Tepui Autana XL RTT. So many other mods coming.

Heading to OX East in Asheville, NC.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi to All!!
New member from Traverse City, MI starting last weekend. #6597. Received 2 new badges and promptly installed them on my 2011 Tundra. It has 5" Zone lift, KMC Machetes, 33" Dick Cepek Fun Countries, Bushwacker Flares, Paramount grill wirh light bar, Spyderco Halo/LED headlights/tail lights, Thule Rack, Rhino Rack, Softopper with bars.

Hey, Oilslick! Welcome to OB! Sounds like that Tundra is one nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

Reactions: OilSlik

AZ_BenderT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: leeandamy

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Hi to All!!

Sounds like a nice rig post some pics

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Hello all!
My name is Chris.
I live in East Haddam Ct.
I have a 2011 toyota 4runner.
(Work in progress)
I'm new to the overlanding sport but I've been four wheeling for 20+ years.
I'm excited about putting some miles under my belt overlanding!
I look forward to learning a ton of info from everyone's experiences here!
welcome. Post some more pics they are all works in progress

DAN D

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

flemington, NJ
Member #

IMG_2421.JPG wow sorry this picture is sooo big..
hi folks, new member #6699 from hunterdon county new jersey. been following overland bound for sometime and my wife gifted me a membership for my birthday! best gift ever! got a 1996 LX450 which i picked up recently. 3" OME lift, 35" tires, ARB front bumper and the snorkel. got a handful of projects for it coming up. previous rig (recently sold it) was a 1998 forester with 2.5" lift, AT tires, skid plate, custom home made swing out spare tire carrier and a few other things. excited to be here, thanks for having me!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone!
Super exited to be a member.
My Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner "Bender edition"

Just another dude who likes just about any outdoor activities, dragging my kids to all kinds of adventures.
Hi, BenderT4R and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig man! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

View attachment 30622 wow sorry this picture is sooo big..
hi folks, new member #6699 from hunterdon county new jersey. been following overland bound for sometime and my wife gifted me a membership for my birthday! best gift ever! got a 1996 LX450 which i picked up recently. 3" OME lift, 35" tires, ARB front bumper and the snorkel. got a handful of projects for it coming up. previous rig (recently sold it) was a 1998 forester with 2.5" lift, AT tires, skid plate, custom home made swing out spare tire carrier and a few other things. excited to be here, thanks for having me!
Great looking. And welcome.