Walnut Grove, BC, Canada
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Martens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BDM
Man I really look forward to meeting a lot of you on the trails... the intros are great!

I'm Brian aka WestCoast4x4. I live just outside of Vancouver , BC (saw a few others in the previous pages- Shoutout! )
My Current project/rig is a 09 Subaru Forester XT, very minimal updates to it yet. My previous Rigs were a 1990 RHD Landcruiser HDJ81 - what a beast of a vehicle. I loved and miss it a lot. I didn't realize at the time, but I started my overlanding life with a 2009 Jeep TJ prior to that LC. I'm an avid camper, kayaker, father and husband, but I would still call myself a novice overlander. I always struggle with what to bring, and what I can "live without". I am also just starting to build my own camping/util style trailer, to help in this process!
Thanks everyone, look forward to learning with the rest!

Brian
WestCoast4x4
VA7BDM

Reactions: PS144ONE

MattK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Carlsbad, CA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Keen
Member #

Hi all!

I live in the San Diego area.

I'm using a 2013 Jeep JK Rubicon to get around in on my adventures. Most recently to the Sierra Del Rosario mountain range in Mexico, (a true overland experience navigating miles of sand dunes to reach the range). It's a 2-door but has the heart of a larger overland rig! We make it happen and that's all that matters.

I've been camping all my life so I am experienced in that area for my needs. I started off-roading 17 years ago as a rock crawler in various Toyotas and now a Jeep so have experience there. There's always room for improvement and I'm always looking to learn more.

Anyway, glad to be signed up here and checking out the site!

Attachments

Reactions: DanR and PS144ONE

budder

Rank 0

Traveler I

i am base in the south of England, Poole

my current rig is a 2006 Volvo XC90 with a 4.4l v8 remapped to 400bhp with a maclaren turbo 3 inch lift and rebuilt hydrostatic locking differentials, a windscreen raised inkake (base of the windscreen ) the lift is on with air suspension (factory option with some spacers)

I have off road experience and camping but not really the both combined chose to start over landing after I did the mongolian rally

Kenny Wong

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey everyone,

I'm Kenny and I'm located in San Francisco. I've got a stock 2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5. Looking forward to getting outfitted and getting out.

I'm a novice and look forward to learning more.

Reactions: PS144ONE

Franck Alcidi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Darwin
Member #

i am base in the south of England, Poole

my current rig is a 2006 Volvo XC90 with a 4.4l v8 remapped to 400bhp with a maclaren turbo 3 inch lift and rebuilt hydrostatic locking differentials, a windscreen raised inkake (base of the windscreen ) the lift is on with air suspension (factory option with some spacers)

I have off road experience and camping but not really the both combined chose to start over landing after I did the mongolian rally
Would love to see some photos of the rig. :)

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Man I really look forward to meeting a lot of you on the trails... the intros are great!

I'm Brian aka WestCoast4x4. I live just outside of Vancouver , BC (saw a few others in the previous pages- Shoutout! )
My Current project/rig is a 09 Subaru Forester XT, very minimal updates to it yet. My previous Rigs were a 1990 RHD Landcruiser HDJ81 - what a beast of a vehicle. I loved and miss it a lot. I didn't realize at the time, but I started my overlanding life with a 2009 Jeep TJ prior to that LC. I'm an avid camper, kayaker, father and husband, but I would still call myself a novice overlander. I always struggle with what to bring, and what I can "live without". I am also just starting to build my own camping/util style trailer, to help in this process!
Thanks everyone, look forward to learning with the rest!

Brian
WestCoast4x4
VA7BDM
Welcome from Montana, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Reactions: WestCoast4x4

D&P Bunce

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi, I live in Australia and I am happy to pay $ to support your site and to participate in the forums etc. However I would prefer to just pay some cash and not receive anything in the mail (emblems etc). With shipping costs and exchange rates, this is now very close to a AUD$50 join up fee. To be frank, at that much money its not good value to me. At AUD$20 less I am OK (although its still pretty steep) but then i would prefer that the money went to a useful cause rather than the postal companies.

Ripper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

606 Swadley Road, Johnson City, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Crawford
Member #

Hi, my name is Chris and I drive a 2007 Toyota 4runner sr5. I live in Johnson City, Tennessee and really enjoy the outdoors. I look forward to getting to know the community in the forums as well as out on the trail.

Last edited:

Dan33

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Northeast Oklahoma
Member #

Hello, my name is Daniel. My rig is a 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max.

I am from Northeast Oklahoma (Mannford)

I consider myself a novice, but I have loved and participated in off road adventures since I was a young. I love camping and traveling, and have recently been obsessed with outfitting my truck for overland adventures.

Last edited:

budder

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2606.JPG IMG_2604.JPG
Would love to see some photos of the rig. :)

It's not the rig as I said rig won't be ready for a little while but heres the trailer
"she might not look like much, but shes got it where it counts" that being ground clerance and a decent suspension the black bars are a bike rack system i welded up yesterday and here is the vehicle when i first brought it
And here are the extended travel independent suspension arms I got with a drop mount to give extra clearance and higher ride

Attachments

Reactions: Franck Alcidi

John Worley

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livermore, CA
Member #

The name is John and I'm from Livermore, California. I don't have a rig yet, unless you count my Chrysler Pacifica fitted with kayak racks! I'm looking to setup a new rig for off-roading exploration and I'm here to get some advice... I'll be diving into the forums to see what I can find.

Franck Alcidi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Darwin
Member #

View attachment 30523 View attachment 30524 View attachment 30523

It's not the rig as I said rig won't be ready for a little while but heres the trailer
"she might not look like much, but shes got it where it counts" that being ground clerance and a decent suspension the black bars are a bike rack system i welded up yesterday and here is the vehicle when i first brought it
And here are the extended travel independent suspension arms I got with a drop mount to give extra clearance and higher ride
I always admire those who build/restore their own rigs/trailers. There's a satisfaction you just don't get when you buy something straight off the showroom floor. Keep up the awesome work and can't wait to see the final products :)

leeandamy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Orange, Texas
Member #

Hi all,
Ive been Overlanding for +20 years now in everything from the Sand, Snow, Mud and Rocks. Been doing my own mods for years on my Jeeps and Trucks and the newest addition is my wife Amy's 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road that has a long list of mods already done in first few weeks we have owned it and a lot more to come.... We are in Southeast Texas and spend a lot of time on the beach.

Current Rigs:

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Lifted on 33's and on and on
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium - Lifted on 285/70's and on