Launch Member

Traveler I

Moses Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Birdsell
Member #

Have been overlanding for about 2 years now. Was inspired by Expedition Overland. After watching those series I started to transform my last tundra into an Overland vehicle. After overlanding that truck for about a year I traded it in for a new 17 tundra. Promised I'd baby it and keep it stock. Now 6 months later it's been modified and Has been on multiple trips (with pin striping to prove it). The goal is to improve on stock off-road performance with out removing on road performance. So far it's been 200-300 mile trips but as of next Wednesday I'll be setting off on my first multi state Overland trip! 2017 Tundra, Seattle Wa.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Santiago Candelaria

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Have been overlanding for about 2 years now. Was inspired by Expedition Overland. After watching those series I started to transform my last tundra into an Overland vehicle. After overlanding that truck for about a year I traded it in for a new 17 tundra. Promised I'd baby it and keep it stock. Now 6 months later it's been modified and Has been on multiple trips (with pin striping to prove it). The goal is to improve on stock off-road performance with out removing on road performance. So far it's been 200-300 mile trips but as of next Wednesday I'll be setting off on my first multi state Overland trip! 2017 Tundra, Seattle Wa.

Awesome!!

I also have a Tundra and I've got 25k on it since October! I have also done some custom pinstriping...

I intend to upgrade my suspension as soon as I can, I'm looking at the Stage 4 Icon suspension.

Just installed a 1000w inverter so we can power all of our electronics!

By the way, what did you paint your grill with?

VBenedetti

Rank I

Member I

Canada
Member #

Hello Everyone !
My name is Vincent Benedetti and I'm fairly new to the overland world.
I live near Montreal, Canada and was once a very proud owner of a 2004 XTerra that took me off the streets as often as I could manage then which included long trails with camping. Overland initiation shall we say.
I am definitely looking to buy myself a rig to get going again...not sure what I'll go for (which is why I'm here I guess loll) but I am definitely looking forward to being an active player in the overland community :- )

Cheers !

Vincent

Reactions: Overland ON

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Morning Vincent and welcome, Please feel free to reach to myself or any other member if you have questions or comments. We have a lot of open discussion and welcome your input. Once again welcome.

VB2JMU4runner

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi!

My name is Derek, and I live in the Virginia Beach area. I graduated college from James Madison University in Harrisonburg Virginia, where the trails and opportunities for overlanding are endless! I'd consider myself new to overlanding, but have recently started getting more into it and going out to explore. Found some pretty neat places in the Valley! I have a 2004 4runner, i've got a ARB awning, and a Tepui 4 person RTT. It's on 33's, and i'll upload some pictures here in a second. I'm looking to get ideas, as well as make some friends! Would love to go on any trips closer to me, getting time off work is hard, but when overlanding is quite worth it!

peter aspinall

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi all , just joined from just outside on Vancouver BC , never been overlanding yet , but willing , just bought a 2017 pathfinder , thinking i could modify it to suit overlanding , mistake , it seems that i cant raise it up (two inches) no conversion made yet , but i still want to give it a go

Reactions: Peter Lu

Peter Lu

Rank II

Contributor III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Lu
Member #

Hi all , just joined from just outside on Vancouver BC , never been overlanding yet , but willing , just bought a 2017 pathfinder , thinking i could modify it to suit overlanding , mistake , it seems that i cant raise it up (two inches) no conversion made yet , but i still want to give it a go
Hey Peter

Welcome. I grew up in the Vancouver area. Mark any trails to go on. I'll be back to good ole Vancouver to overland. Have fun and be safe.

- Peter

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I'm David and I live near Possum Kingdom Lake which is west of Ft Worth, Texas. I've grown up camping and doing various outdoor activities. Last year I built a camping/overland/expedition trailer. I'll work on a build thread for it soon. There's a long story to it but I'm mostly finished with it other than new wheels and tires, another coat of paint, a few odds and ends, and some bed liner touch up work. It's a never ending project honestly. I just bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad after trading my 2015 Tacoma in. It is 100% stock still but I really like it. I also have a 1992 Landcruiser that is mostly stock as well. I recently installed a Dobinsons snorkel just because it was easier than installing the 3" Dobinsons lift I also ordered. I'm saving the lift install for the fall when it's not 100 degrees outside. Why a snorkel? Cuz I like it. No other reason. :)

My son is 3 years old right now and we go camping quite a bit but we generally stick the state parks because that's what's relatively close. We have been to Colorado and Big Bend for "bigger" trips. My favorite additions to my camping setup are the roof top tent and ARB fridge. I've been following "Overland Bound" on youtube for a long time but finally got the membership and joined the community.

The camping picture is from Big Bend area of Texas. No matter where you're at it's a long ways away. This was before installing my Dobinsons awning. Yes I plan on changing the wheels it just hasn't happened yet. I bought the trailer tire/rim combo and plasti-dipped them so it doesn't look so bad.

Last edited:

Tom-j

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Palo Alto
Member #

Hi all,

My name is Tom and I'm located in Palo Alto, California. I'm new to OB but have logged quite a few off road miles over the years. Looking forward to joining some groups on trail runs or maybe even finding people to join me on one of my adventures.

Current rigs are a 2008 Land Rover LR2 that's used for mostly forest roads and the occasional moderate trail. Also I have "Hank" a 1991 Toyota pickup that is "slightly" modified for when the trail calls for something more extreme.
IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

CM_FX4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Hello everyone! I am Jeremiah, #3523 from Arizona!

I've been a member for a little while now but have not been active on the forums till now! Definitely looking forward to being a part of this growing community and meeting some new friends to go on trips with.

Currently my rig is a 2016 F-150 Super Crew. I've installed an Icon Stage 3 Suspension system, nitto ridge grapplers, Leitner Designs ACS, Tepui tent and some other accessories. I hope to start a build thread soon! I am not new to camping and outdoor activities, but new in the overland scene.
Also you can follow me on Instagram @cm_cummins.

Here are some pics of the rig with its current setup...

IMG_4430.JPG IMG_4201.JPG IMG_4473.JPG

druse76

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ
Member #

Hi Meeceboy! Thanks. I'm hoping to get up north for a few trips after it cools down here in the valley and the storms aren't so crazy up there. Been up hiking and running in Flagstaff and Mogollon area the last 3 or 4 weekends and got clobbered with some crazy monsoons each time.

Reactions: Meeceboy78

DiscoverNW

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
Member #

IMG_8993.JPG IMG_8935.JPG Member number 6366 here saying hi from Seattle WA!! Just bought our second Disco and are looking forward to lots of fun this summer while hopefully meeting some other members! Any suggestion for good beginner spots we can pop out tent up at and camp out? Got the 2003 Discovery HSE and 2000 Discovery Series 2. ARB tent on the 03 and getting some lifts on both pretty soon here. Will also be throwing on an ARB bumper and winch on the Disco 2!

Reactions: PS144ONE

Cpt.jab

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hillsboro Oregon
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Blasingame
Member #

New from Hillsboro Oregon USA. In the Pacific Northwest. My vehicle dependant travel has been a Cherokee, Chevy Tahoe, motorcycles, and now my land cruiser. I have coveted a defender, but total practicality says a 100 series is best for me. Currently pretty stock. Ultimately will put small lift for sized up tires and armor, winch. Power will be replaced by diesel when petrol gets tired.

BullTru

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

Hi there, I'm Steph recently relocated from Chicago to Vallejo, CA in the past year -- for work, but mostly the terrain. Anyone from the Midwest plains could tell you why.
Went from playing hard in the snow w/ a 1997 Toyota Celica GT to a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium to get me closer to summit trailheads, but have yet to abuse my crawl features.
With that said I'm a novice overlander, an avid hiker, and very open to recommendations for making my daily driver a home away from home. Solo runs get old, so I look forward to linking up with you OB fam =]IMG_0633.jpg

Traveler I

As the name implies, I'm Ralph and I hail from Connecticut. My wife and I love traveling by vehicle and are working on seeing as much of the US and Canada as we can before the clock runs out. We began as tent campers with our tiny but capable Jeep TJ. When space became an issue we moved up to my daily driver truck, a 2001 Toyota Tundra (Atticus). Big changes for the Tundra recently with a full upgrade of the suspension, bumpers, skids plates and many mechanical items. With over 200K on the odometer, it's been to a few places. We expect another 100k or more before we change platforms again. Last September (2017) we added a Moby1 XTR off road teardrop trailer (Scout) to the mix and now enjoy tons of luxury while roughing it. Here we are on the beach in Cameron, Louisiana. TravelsWithRalph is on Instagram, FB and Flickr. Scout and Atticus on the beach.jpg

Knownman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Clarita, Ca.
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kolze
Member #

Hello all! New member here. Just got my badge #6496 and so excited to display it. Sad thing is I don't have a rig yet and I'm somewhat undecided on what exactly I want. My 2001 Tundra would have been a great start had it not been totaled in an accident. I've recently moved to Santa Clarita Ca and just love the surrounding mountains and high deserts. Looking forward to meeting some of you and getting the chance to hit a trail in the future.

Matt

Adam Griss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello, everyone. I am an expat living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. With about 7 years of overlanding experience, I would still consider myself a novice. I drive a 2010 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (VXL) which is like many of your vehicles, a work in progress. I look forward to learning a lot from all of the members, and I hope that I can contribute in a positive manner. Thanks!

Reactions: PS144ONE