• HTML tutorial

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Hi there!

Another member (just joined) from Darwin, Australia. Here is a bit of info about me and my rig:

Jeep JK 4dr Unlimited with the following upgrades:

ARB diff lockers
ARB 2" lift kit
ARB heavy duty coil springs
ARB BP51 Shocks (love these!)
ARB front and rear heavy duty diff covers (red)
ARB front and rear bars with heavy duty rear wheel carrier and Hi-Lift Jack mount
ARB long range fuel tank (extra 65 litres)
ARB Intensity (AR21) spotties
ARB Long range fuel tank (65lt)
Warn Zeon 10,000 lb winch with spydura rope
Dual Battery System by Baintech
Hi-Lift Extreme jack mounted on rear tire carrier
20" Illuminator lightbar on hood
Safari Snorkel
Darche side awning (also have rear but waiting to fit new roof rack)
33" Dick Cepek Mud Terrain tires
17"x9" American Racing wheels
Smitty built limb risers
Drake off-road hood latches
Rear passenger window air vents (see photo below)
Custom made rear shelving system (3 shelf with bottom one for 2 burner Origo alcohol stove) with fridge slide.
1/2 steel roof rack (going to be changed to Front Runner 1/2 rack in a couple of weeks)
UHF/HF (27mhz)/Dual Band radio's installed. (HF 27mhz Galaxy DX 950 mounted on custom bracket - see photo)

The vehicle is not a rock crawler. The upgrades were made purely for overlanding and for towing my Patriot X1 LE (now known as the Grand Tourer) camper. I have had a considerable amount of overlanding/camping experience with other vehicles particularly around the Northern Territory. I've also travelled extensively with the Army (I'm a current serving reserve member) and have done it hard (i.e. living out of nothing but my pack, a mat, sleeping bag and mozzie net) in very harsh conditions.

View attachment 30141
View attachment 30142

View attachment 30144

View attachment 30149

View attachment 30150

View attachment 30151

View attachment 30143

View attachment 30148
Nice rig. Good to see JK's in Australia.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

IntoArt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Member #

Hello to everyone - I'm a new forum member who has been following Michael and Corrie's Overland Bound YouTube channel for some time. I have also been lurking the forums and have joined OB as a supporting Member (#4587) as well.

My name is Stuart and I have resided in South Florida since the early 80s and more specifically the eastern part of Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I love to travel and explore - and Overlanding (in something other than a sports car climbing twisties in the Alps) has always been something I have wanted to pursue further.

Mrs. IntoArt doesn't hike well, and so, to reach the destinations we want to explore (good excuse), I recently purchased a low mileage 2004 Land Cruiser Hundie for that premise. I will be outfitting her as time (and Mrs. IntoArt) allows. Here she is the day I first found her:

43584454114.457763026.IM1.MAIN.1000x750_A.1000x750.jpg

Yes, it is about the destinations, but also getting there. My wife and I are looking forward to being active member of the growing OB community.

Cheers! ~ Stuart

Reactions: GPfromCA and ChuckB

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hello to everyone - I'm a new forum member who has been following Michael and Corrie's Overland Bound YouTube channel for some time. I have also been lurking the forums and have joined OB as a supporting Member (#4587) as well.

My name is Stuart and I have resided in South Florida since the early 80s and more specifically the eastern part of Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I love to travel and explore - and Overlanding (in something other than a sports car climbing twisties in the Alps) has always been something I have wanted to pursue further.

Mrs. IntoArt doesn't hike well, and so, to reach the destinations we want to explore (good excuse), I recently purchased a low mileage 2004 Land Cruiser Hundie for that premise. I will be outfitting her as time (and Mrs. IntoArt) allows. Here she is the day I first found her:

Yes, it is about the destinations, but also getting there. My wife and I are looking forward to being active member of the growing OB community.

Cheers! ~ Stuart
Well welcome, Stuart! Cool handle. Artist of some sort yourself?

It's an interesting, and diverse group of people here, as I'm sure you've seen after lurking awhile.

See you our there somewhere, someday!

Dry roads and open skies...

Reactions: IntoArt

IntoArt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Member #

Well welcome, Stuart! Cool handle. Artist of some sort yourself?

It's an interesting, and diverse group of people here, as I'm sure you've seen after lurking awhile.

See you our there somewhere, someday!

Dry roads and open skies...
Thanks for the welcome Road. I'm actually an art dealer :) My gallery is Pocock Fine Art in Fort Lauderdale. Come and visit if you are ever in town!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks for the welcome Road. I'm actually an art dealer :) My gallery is Pocock Fine Art in Fort Lauderdale. Come and visit if you are ever in town!
I will, Stuart, most definitely. One of my fav things to do when wandering the country is visit art galleries and, even more, art museums. I've seen some amazing, and rare, shows everywhere from Boston to San Diego. Bouguereau to Parrish. I'm 2nd in direct line in a family of artists, and often fantasize about doing a 4-gen art show in some small gallery somewhere.

Let's keep an eye on each other's whereabouts and get together sometime, on or off the road. Pleased to meet you.

SoftRoader

Rank 0

Traveler I

Finally bought my first outback and have been reading build threads on this site. Here's the basics:

1) Picture! coming soon
2) Location: The Colony, TX
3) Rig: 2017 Subaru outback 2.5
4) Overlanding Experience Background: newb. Life gets in the way of off-roading.

So far only skid plates. When the factory tires are spent its getting the usual ADF 2/2.5 front/rear lift, 245/65/r17 tires. Can't decide if I want overload springs or not and to go with King or rallitek. I use this as my DD @60 miles a day.

Tizzle240

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Everyone,
New to the page and new to the concept over overlanding, but it sounds just like what i and my wife need. Everyone calls me Tizz.
1. Not familiar with a lot of picture hosting services so i decided to Just upload one for you guys.
2. We are located in western NC,
3. We plan to use our 2011 Subaru Outback, its probably the wrong edition to use as its the limited edition so it has leather and wood trim etc, lol but hey it works and besides getting it ready for overlanding will also help during the foot plus of snow we get each year.

I look forward to sharing in the adventure and appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone has to offer.

Attachments

Reactions: SamGramWK05

Kaimana

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

Greetings everyone!
I've been following the OB adventure for over two years now. Finally got a membership and got my emblems yesterday!
I live in San Jose,CA
For nearly 20 years I drove a 1995 Toyota 4Runner, but sadly I had to put it to rest.
I currently drive a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek, and love it so far.
Its my daily driver and family rig for two little ones!

Upgrade plans are in the works but for now it works!IMG_4600.JPG IMG_7237.JPG IMG_7210.JPG

Jesse Vazquez

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hayward, CA
Member #

Hello,

My name is Jesse, I'm from Hayward, California. I am very exited to be part of this community.

I currently drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S.
Stock Suspension (I need help choosing and installing a lift kit!)
Running Kargo Master Congo Pro with hinge steps and Cat-Walk
Front and Rear AEV Bumpers
Smittybilt SRC Side steps
Cheepo Basket
ARB 2500 Awning
I ended up building my rig backwards since I've met people who bought parts and never installed or didn't like, and costed me half the retail price.

Expericne: Backpacking, and car camping. Overlanding - Noob.

I hope to meet more people in the bay area to start expanding my overland experience.

Cheers!
20170714_100808.jpg 20170727_120325.jpg

Last edited:

GPfromCA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California, USA
Member #

Greetings everyone!
I've been following the OB adventure for over two years now. Finally got a membership and got my emblems yesterday!
I live in San Jose,CA
For nearly 20 years I drove a 1995 Toyota 4Runner, but sadly I had to put it to rest.
I currently drive a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek, and love it so far.
Its my daily driver and family rig for two little ones!

Upgrade plans are in the works but for now it works!View attachment 30170 View attachment 30171 View attachment 30172
Perfect way to start a rig, roof racks and kayaks! Welcome to you and your family, cheers!

GPfromCA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California, USA
Member #

Hello,

My name is Jesse, I'm from Hayward, California. I am very exited to be part of this community.

I currently drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S.
Stock Suspension (I need help choosing and installing a lift kit!)
Running Kargo Master Congo Pro with hinge steps and Cat-Walk
Front and Rear AEV Bumpers
Smittybilt SRC Side steps
Cheepo Basket
ARB 2500 Awning
I ended up building my rig backwards since I've met people who bought parts and never installed or didn't like, and costed me half the retail price.

Expericne: Backpacking, and car camping. Overlanding - Noob.

I hope to meet more people in the bay area to start expanding my overland experience.

Cheers!
View attachment 30174 View attachment 30175
Hi Jesse, welcome to the community! I'm located in Bakersfield, CA but I'm always down to visit the bay area for an adventure, keep me in mind if you are headed to a weekend meet-up, cheers!

Jesse Vazquez

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hayward, CA
Member #

Hi Jesse, welcome to the community! I'm located in Bakersfield, CA but I'm always down to visit the bay area for an adventure, keep me in mind if you are headed to a weekend meet-up, cheers!
Thanks for the warm welcome! I will keep you in mind for future meet-ups. If you ever come up let me know and we can hopefully to hit some trails.

Cheers!

Reactions: GPfromCA

GPfromCA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California, USA
Member #

View attachment 30156

Cheers! ~ Stuart
Working in the Toyota Corporation makes me so happy to see such a strong presence in the used Toyota community; I can already tell Mrs. IntoArt will get her fair share of adventures. Welcome and Cheers!

4WDCanoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Waterdown, Ontario
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Community (thanks Michael and Mrs for developing this community!)

My name is Mike, and I'm in the Hamilton Area of Ontario, Canada
I pick up my new dd/rig tomorrow (one could say *slightly* excited): 2017 Toyota 4Runner Offroad (the Canadian version I believe is the same as the US Premium version with KDSS and Moonroof iirc)
As for experience - very limited 4 wheel offroad time, but extensive backcountry experience.

I'd like to learn from, and share with, the community and gain experience as I (slowly) build her up to a full blown expedition capable vehicle

I've also just ordered a membership, so hope to really take part in this OB community!
the rig.jpg

Last edited:

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hey
New to the forum and just ordered my membership also, member 6611.
I live near Calgary, Alberta, just east of the Rocky Mountains. I used to do a lot of wheeling and had a 2nd gen Toyota Hilux Surf diesel, a 1st gen Toyota 4runner and a Nissan Xterra before I started driving full size trucks that I needed for work. When I found myself no longer in need of my own work truck this spring I decided to sell my 1 ton diesel and buy an older vehicle that I could use to take the family out into the bush and get back to the random camping and exploring I used to do. At the time we had two large dogs and I wanted to have room to transport them in their kennels and still have room for our stuff. I lusted over an 80 series cruiser but the cost is so high and they aren't getting any younger as time goes by, plus with the 2 large dog kennels it wasn't going to be big enough. A Ford Excursion was ideal but out of my price range and I found a great deal and decided to buy a 2004 Chevy Suburban 2500. I haven't done much with it yet and the picture is how it sits now with our tent trailer we have been using the last couple years. I've sold the trailer and have a RTT and awning waiting to be installed when I get back from my shift next week. We are heading out on a 6 day trip at the beginning of August doing some light off roading and I'll have some good pictures after that trip :)20170705_150129.jpg

FX50

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maple Valley
Member #

IMG_6299.JPG 14 f150 fx4
Novice over landing but have a decent amount of experience off-roading. Used to off-road my old f150 quite a bit. Loved camping and off-roading so why not do both.
Live in western Washington so hopefully get some good overlanding spots.