Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

LeadFoot

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Everyone,
I am Josh. I run a fabrication shop in La Verne. Its a small city in southern California. We are mostly known for making the "Fozroamer" bumpers and roof rack. We make High Clearance bumpers for all vehicles! but seem to be more popular in the subaru world. Feel free to ask me anything and i can do my best to help you out. thanks for letting me be apart of your forum.
Thank you,
Josh
444.jpg

GPfromCA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California, USA
Member #

Hey Everyone,
I am Josh. I run a fabrication shop in La Verne. Its a small city in southern California. We are mostly known for making the "Fozroamer" bumpers and roof rack. We make High Clearance bumpers for all vehicles! but seem to be more popular in the subaru world. Feel free to ask me anything and i can do my best to help you out. thanks for letting me be apart of your forum.
Thank you,
Josh
View attachment 30090
Welcome! I love the look of that high clearance bumper, do you have products for the 2016+ Tacomas?
-Cheers!

GPfromCA

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California, USA
Member #

Ahoy! I'm a total newb but this all looks awesome! I'd love to connect with some locals and plan a trip!

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off-road
Experience: Novice
Matthew, I am brand new as well, look forward to seeing you at meet-ups! I'll send you a DM with info on an event coming up in September, Cheers!

Reactions: Raw Xpedition

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Wow! 7!! Wow!! We're dying with just the two. ;) I'm a yota guy myself. My daily driver is a Tundra. LOVE EM. You know what they say, when the SHTF/Zombies/Asteroids destroy the world there'll be nothing but cockroaches and Toyota trucks left alive.
Enjoy the 4runner. I hear they're amazing. I know several guys who run them stock as overlanders and go everywhere the jeeps go but in comfort and reliability!!
My twins are 7 I don't have 7 kids. I don't think I'd be able to form complete sentences if I had 7. lol

offthegrid

Rank 0

Traveler I

Bolivia
Hello there, new to the forum, writing from Bolivia now, we like to travel as much as possible, done great part of south america, and some middle east, and a few places in africa, love the outdoors and as a engineer love mechanics as well, great way to bond two passions in one activity¡¡¡

Currently driving a 98 nissan patrol that has served us well for the last 11+ years, we bought it in the meddle east and is still with us in Bolivia

20151227063836.jpg 12804863_10209233351094725_5273565686357011372_n.jpg IMG_3765.JPG

XkenhillX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitsap county, Washington
Member #

Hello there, new to the forum, writing from Bolivia now, we like to travel as much as possible, done great part of south america, and some middle east, and a few places in africa, love the outdoors and as a engineer love mechanics as well, great way to bond two passions in one activity¡¡¡

Currently driving a 98 nissan patrol that has served us well for the last 11+ years, we bought it in the meddle east and is still with us in Bolivia

View attachment 30117 View attachment 30118 View attachment 30119
Awesome! I'm excited to see some of your adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ChuckB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arden, Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Hello all,

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

Latest picture - Touring our friends Beef Ranch in Southern Spain (finally engaging the CDL!)

2) Location (General area is fine)

Southern Spain

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2004 Toyota\Lexus UZJ100- LX470

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We have a lot of travel experience both professionally and personally. Aiming to get more 4x4 specific experience.

Reactions: HankinWI

Franck Alcidi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Darwin
Member #

Hi there!

Another member (just joined) from Darwin, Australia. Here is a bit of info about me and my rig:

Jeep JK 4dr Unlimited with the following upgrades:

ARB diff lockers
ARB 2" lift kit
ARB heavy duty coil springs
ARB BP51 Shocks (love these!)
ARB front and rear heavy duty diff covers (red)
ARB front and rear bars with heavy duty rear wheel carrier and Hi-Lift Jack mount
ARB long range fuel tank (extra 65 litres)
ARB Intensity (AR21) spotties
ARB Long range fuel tank (65lt)
Warn Zeon 10,000 lb winch with spydura rope
Dual Battery System by Baintech
Hi-Lift Extreme jack mounted on rear tire carrier
20" Illuminator lightbar on hood
Safari Snorkel
Darche side awning (also have rear but waiting to fit new roof rack)
33" Dick Cepek Mud Terrain tires
17"x9" American Racing wheels
Smitty built limb risers
Drake off-road hood latches
Rear passenger window air vents (see photo below)
Custom made rear shelving system (3 shelf with bottom one for 2 burner Origo alcohol stove) with fridge slide.
1/2 steel roof rack (going to be changed to Front Runner 1/2 rack in a couple of weeks)
UHF/HF (27mhz)/Dual Band radio's installed. (HF 27mhz Galaxy DX 950 mounted on custom bracket - see photo)

The vehicle is not a rock crawler. The upgrades were made purely for overlanding and for towing my Patriot X1 LE (now known as the Grand Tourer) camper. I have had a considerable amount of overlanding/camping experience with other vehicles particularly around the Northern Territory. I've also travelled extensively with the Army (I'm a current serving reserve member) and have done it hard (i.e. living out of nothing but my pack, a mat, sleeping bag and mozzie net) in very harsh conditions.

20170508_170039.jpg
20170707_093452.jpg

20170508_200258.jpg

20170725_150527.jpg

20170725_150441.jpg

20161112_104631.jpg

20170709_170533.jpg

2015-05-16 22.09.51.jpg

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Greetings fellow travelers,

It's all new to me! We bought "Scarlet" in June this year. She is a 2017 "Oscar Mike" Jeep. The only mod we have done is remove the back seat. Ha! Our goal is to build out the back for a sleeping area, and overland.

We are in Lincoln, Ca. ( Placer Co.)
New OB6488
Looking forward to group meet-ups, and or, any Jeep meet-ups

Thanks for your support.

Cecilia

jona

Rank 0

Traveler I

DSC_6282.jpg New on the forum and live in Swakopmund, Namibia, Africa. I have a '99 Land Rover Defender 300TDi with a 200 ltr fuel and 120 ltr water onboard tanks. I've been to most southern africa countries at least once and look foreward to many more such visits. Unfortunately our crappy currency makes overlanding on other continents rather costly.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings fellow travelers,

It's all new to me! We bought "Scarlet" in June this year. She is a 2017 "Oscar Mike" Jeep. The only mod we have done is remove the back seat. Ha! Our goal is to build out the back for a sleeping area, and overland.

We are in Lincoln, Ca. ( Placer Co.)
New OB6488
Looking forward to group meet-ups, and or, any Jeep meet-ups

Thanks for your support.

Cecilia
Hello, Cecilia - Welcome to OB! Scarlet is one fine looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy the open roads!