• HTML tutorial

Lucas Ringo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mineral Wells TX
Member #

Hello,

My name is Lucas Ringo and I am super excited to join the group. My love for adventure started when I was young traveling every summer to different parts of the U.S. with my grandparents.

My rig is a 2008 Ram single cab 4x4. I recently purchased a 87 toyota Hilux 4x4 from my grandfather and plan on building it to be my new overland truck.

I currently am a junior in college at Tarleton State University studying Environmental engineering.

My experience is novice but I'm eager to learn and figured this would be the best place to do so. I am looking forward to meeting new people that share my love for adventure and the outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: maxfederle89

Westsroadshow

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

West, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone, name is Paul living in south Texas (San Antonio area) Truck is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma T-Force editon, have some overland experience from childhood going and fishing deep down on Padre Island often but as an adult I consider myself a novice and looking to get out more and more here in Texas and actually out of state
I live over by 151 We should meet up.

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

Hello,

My name is Lucas Ringo and I am super excited to join the group. My love for adventure started when I was young traveling every summer to different parts of the U.S. with my grandparents.

My rig is a 2008 Ram single cab 4x4. I recently purchased a 87 toyota Hilux 4x4 from my grandfather and plan on building it to be my new overland truck.

I currently am a junior in college at Tarleton State University studying Environmental engineering.

My experience is novice but I'm eager to learn and figured this would be the best place to do so. I am looking forward to meeting new people that share my love for adventure and the outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using OB Talk mobile app
Hi Lucas, glad to meet you. It is surprising to see how many of us full size guys are here in OB! Great to see another Ram in the ranks!

Oopth

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey, Everyone!

I'm a total novice, just checking things out.
Started my driving life in New Zealand, now living in Canada, only ever had one proper road trip into the USA, and it's been way too long since then!
I want to get started on some travels in the near future throughout both Canada & the USA.

Don't really have any pics of a rig, as I'm currently between usable vehicles, lol.
Technically, I have a commuter car - 2004 Chrysler Sebring Touring - which is suprisingly decent and a bit of a tank in heavy snow, but alas, I won't have it much longer.
Planning on trading my commuter car some day soon for a van and start living the VanLife for a year, or maybe three. Need a change of scenery!

My "rig" won't be nearly as awesome as all the others I'm seeing here, but I'm still pumped for the journeys!

Cheers!

Dan M.

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Middletown, CT
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Mastergeorge
Member #

Hi everyone.

I'm Dan

2) Middletown, CT
3) My Rig is a 1997 toyota 4runner with a 3" lift, on 33's, rear locker "busted ATM"
4) I don't have a ton of overlanding experience but i have always loved to camp and dirt roads are the best roads.

IMG_20170318_111259.jpg

ScottAitken

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nanaimo, BC Canada
Member #

20170724_173556.jpg Very happy to be part of this group. We are starting our adventure on Sunday coming from Vancouver Island to the Olympic Peninsula, then on to southern Oregon and the Redwoods.
Located on beautiful Vancouver Island.
2017 GMC Canyon All terrain addition, no lockers but came with Goodyear duratracs..

Would love some input into cool places on the Olympic peninsula. Would like to do some kind off reading as haven't had time to put the lift in yet.View attachment 29881 View attachment 29881

Yukon2013

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone... really excited to be a part of the Overland Bound family. I can't wait to get my rig dirt road ready for some future adventures. For now, I'll keep it local in our area since we are surrounded by the Pine Barrens and a lot of off road areas by where I live. Looking forward to knowing some local adventurers.

My truck is a 2013 GMC Yukon SLE. Not a lot of aftermarket overland products for the truck, but I will slowly research, or if anyone can point me out, that would be a tremendous help.

Thank you - Mark.20170724_202913.jpg

rlhydn

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hello, new overland nerd member, from NSW in Australia. My overlanding vehicle and obsession in a V8 76 Series Toyota LandCruiser. And my tour of choice has thus far been remote or outback travel into central Australia chasing the big skies and red dirt. Although work has inhibited for a year or two; we also enjoy frequent weekend escapes. Bush camping and solitude is our preference, so our vehicle is a project unto that purpose. We tour with an Oztent RV3 or Southern Cross Canvas swag.

High level list includes:
85litres onboard water
260litres onboard diesel and pre-filter
50l National Luna fridge/freezer
Drifta Drawer system
Rear e-locker and upgraded suspension, tyres and clutch
Dual wheel carrier
Hannibal roofrack and awning
Comforts include cruise control, recaro seats, ensuite awning, solar panel.

Current modifications after our last month long tour includes gullwings, additional drawer storage system, barn door table, rear awning

Pictured: Last month in South Australia

Looking forward to learning and sharing here

Attachments

Will V

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Connecticut
Member #

Hello! New member that just signed up today. I've watched the videos and always liked them. This sounds like a good time.

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hi there and thank you for the ad to your forum!

I am an overlander/expeditioner based near London , England. I have a modified Landrover Discovery 3 (LR3 to you colonial chaps!).

As to experience... I spent five years in the British Army so picked up the bug for travelling and "living out of your backpack" from there. My first major overland trip was whilst in the army.

31 years ago!

14 days touring through Morocco to the Sahara desert and back in a couple of old series landrovers.

I have toured through Europe (to the Dalmatian coast and back three times), the alps, through France, Norway, Corsica (a truly beautiful gem of a place with amazing roads and scenery - and about 500 villages not accessible by road) and all over the UK. I have a trip planned for Croatia again in about two weeks .

I'm 50 next year so looking to do a long trip across Europe next year and looking for ideas as to destination!

Love the youtube channel by the way folks!

Gus_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi everyone!

I'm Gus. I just recently returned to the Jeep world with the intent of getting more into overlanding. I'm from Mississippi and most builds are for the sticky mud and clay we have down here. I intend to build my Jeep for traveling and exploring.

Just about 2 months ago I picked up a white 2015 2dr Jeep JK Sahara. Very few modifications done so far but I have a Metalcloak 2.5 Dual Rate lift and 315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on the way. I have a set of KMC XD Hoss 2 wheels for those to be mounted on. A few more mods are in the works but right now I'm really pouring through information to try and build the best DD/weekend overlanding vehicle I can. Looking forward to what all I can learn here. I have some offroad and camping experience but definitely still a novice!

I call her Cher.

Cher_zps99ogyyuw.JPG

Good things!

Last edited:

Brian Houston

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello Brian & Stacey,
Twin girls eh?
Us also. Going on seven. That is the very reason that I bought the 4Runner instead of the FJ. I looked at the back "door" of the FJ and thought about me and the mrs. trying to get car seats in and out. Deal breaker. (Also I didn't care for the blind spots of the FJ.)
Overall been very happy with the 4Runner. It's been a great platform and I've bought a new one to hopefully as you say "get it right" this time. lol
Welcome to OB and try to not melt out there in AZ. I know, I know it's a dry heat. ; )
Look forward to seeing the build in pics.
Safe travels!!
Wow! 7!! Wow!! We're dying with just the two. ;) I'm a yota guy myself. My daily driver is a Tundra. LOVE EM. You know what they say, when the SHTF/Zombies/Asteroids destroy the world there'll be nothing but cockroaches and Toyota trucks left alive.
Enjoy the 4runner. I hear they're amazing. I know several guys who run them stock as overlanders and go everywhere the jeeps go but in comfort and reliability!!

Reactions: stage7

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

First post and new member as of yesterday. Still have no idea of my member number yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon...
I have a 96 fzj that I bought as a stock vehicle in southern California. As soon as it got home I added a 2.5 ome lift, arb bull bar and warn 10k winch, Gobi ranger rack, slee rear bumper, slee step sliders, dual batteries, changed out the entire cooling system, cb, hand throttle, an now looking into either a turbo or supercharger. If I win the lottery it will be a Cummins 6bt... Anyway, I'm in yuma az...

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm Gus. I just recently returned to the Jeep world with the intent of getting more into overlanding. I'm from Mississippi and most builds are for the sticky mud and clay we have down here. I intend to build my Jeep for traveling and exploring.

Just about 2 months ago I picked up a white 2015 2dr Jeep JK Sahara. Very few modifications done so far but I have a Metalcloak 2.5 Dual Rate lift and 315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on the way. I have a set of KMC XD Hoss 2 wheels for those to be mounted on. A few more mods are in the works but right now I'm really pouring through information to try and build the best DD/weekend overlanding vehicle I can. Looking forward to what all I can learn here. I have some offroad and camping experience but definitely still a novice!

I call her Cher.

View attachment 29934

Good things!
Good to meet you Gus. Great looking jeep!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TheBelafonte

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Philadelphia
Member #

Heyo OB!

Richard here. I'm currently living in Philadelphia and just purchased a 2017 4Runner TOP, love it. I've brought her (TheBelafonte) out to the Pinebarrens in New Jersey twice now to get the wheels dusty but nothing serious yet.

My fiancé and I are packing up and driving out to move to Colorado in October (Denver area) hope to link up with some folks out there to show me the ropes (city and the mountains!)

Glad to be here.

Attachments