Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

CrimsonTBlazer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silt, CO
Member #

Hey guys! Im CrimsonTBlazer. I own a 2004 Chevrolet trailblazer that im currently in the process of building up into quite the rig. Down the road she will sit approximately 3 inches higher on the body. 2 or 3 inches higher on the suspension and be on 33s or 35s. i will be posting my progress so far and when it comes further. follow if you wish!!

Reactions: Grevlin

eirraider

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, California
Member #

Truck.JPG
Hello all,

My name is Eric, and I'm an outdoor-a-holic. My house is in San Jose, California, but my rig lives where ever it wants.

My rig is a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel Laramie mega cab edition. I do not have a name for her yet. I think it is because I am not done outfitting her.

I am a novice overlander, but an experienced camper. I do not feel like my vehicle is to the capability I would like to do any real rugged/rough overlanding. I would feel more comfortable with a bit more suspension travel, I'm thinking 4". My cousin does a trip to Moab every year and I would like to join him. I'm currently looking for some easy overlanding trips and after stalking you guys on IG for a while I decided to step out of the shadows and join.

Thanks ahead of time for any information.

CrimsonTBlazer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silt, CO
Member #

View attachment 29772
Hello all,

My name is Eric, and I'm an outdoor-a-holic. My house is in San Jose, California, but my rig lives where ever it wants.

My rig is a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel Laramie mega cab edition. I do not have a name for her yet. I think it is because I am not done outfitting her.

I am a novice overlander, but an experienced camper. I do not feel like my vehicle is to the capability I would like to do any real rugged/rough overlanding. I would feel more comfortable with a bit more suspension travel, I'm thinking 4". My cousin does a trip to Moab every year and I would like to join him. I'm currently looking for some easy overlanding trips and after stalking you guys on IG for a while I decided to step out of the shadows and join.

If youre interested in moab there is a large group of full size truck owners (my dad and brother included) that love taking their rigs down some of the trails in moab that would scare some jeepers.

eirraider

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, California
Member #

I'm interested, but I do not think I am ready for that. At least from what I have seen from my cousin's pictures. I would like to do some lighter things closer to my support base first, until I feel more comfortable.

If youre interested in moab there is a large group of full size truck owners (my dad and brother included) that love taking their rigs down some of the trails in moab that would scare some jeepers.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

CrimsonTBlazer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silt, CO
Member #

I'm interested, but I do not think I am ready for that. At least from what I have seen from my cousin's pictures. I would like to do some lighter things closer to my support base first, until I feel more comfortable.
theres plenty of really easy trails that will be great for you to get your bearings on in moab. fins n things is one of those.

eirraider

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, California
Member #

Hello Rebecca,

I have a friend who just moved to Paradise last week. He has an older burb.

Hii I'm Rebecca!

I'm from Nor Cal, Paradise to be exact. I've got a '99 4Runner. My husband (white Butler) has an '01 taco.
We both enjoy getting into nature. We are looking forward to meeting new like minded people and hitting some new trails.

Curtis2010

Rank III

Advocate II

Panamá
Hola from Volcan, Panamá!

Vehicle: 1989 Jeep XJ which now has about 270K miles and 7 countries under its wheels (USA, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama).

We now live in the Chiriqui Highlands of Panama. It is spectacularly beautiful here with lots of off road options. That has inspired me to start on a proper built out of my still stock XJ soon.

Jeep 2013-07-29 12.30.37.jpg

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I recently just got back from a camping trip to Kings Canyon National Park. While there some friends (Who are Overland members) and I completed the Buck Rock Trail and had a blast!
Rig: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Quicksand)
Experience: Very little/ Novice

Here are a few pix. 1st three are Kings Canyon National Park/Buck Rock Trail and the last in Joshua Tree National Park.

View attachment 29649 View attachment 29650 View attachment 29651 View attachment 29652
Hi, welcome. I'm a novice as well... but not for long hopefully. :)

Hey there everyone. My name is Max. Don't have a picture currently but my rig is a 2002 2500hd Silverado extended cab long box with a 6.0L I'm not much of an overlander. I've camped some in my life and I wanted to build my truck further to accommodate that more often. I also am surrounded by Jeep people (not a bad thing but I like to be different) so I've decided to keep my truck because overland/road trip camping is what I want to do more of at this point in my life. And I love my old road warrior! I'm located in eastern Nebraska but am originally from western Nebraska. I really feel like Nebraska is my backyard. I hope to learn a lot from your forum!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hi Max, Nice to see another 3/4 ton out here. I am in kind of the same boat with you. I love to go camping, but it's so much of a chore these days that I just don't go as much as I'd like. So I am trying to convert my rig to more of an overlanding rig, so that I can get out there more often and enjoy more time with the fam and less time setting up or tearing down.

Reactions: maxfederle89

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

Hello. Not sure how many people from Africa on the forum, but here's my introduction.

1) Picture! Attached (but, as per profile pic)
2) Location: South Africa
3) Rig: Toyota J Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Fairly experienced, specifically around Southern Africa.

Hoping to learn from the forum and share my experiences too.

Rgds,
Ross
Hello from across the pond. Very cool rig you have there!

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Hi, welcome. I'm a novice as well... but not for long hopefully. :)

Hi Max, Nice to see another 3/4 ton out here. I am in kind of the same boat with you. I love to go camping, but it's so much of a chore these days that I just don't go as much as I'd like. So I am trying to convert my rig to more of an overlanding rig, so that I can get out there more often and enjoy more time with the fam and less time setting up or tearing down.
I hear you there! Seems like being an adult just means less time for the things we really enjoy! Some of my friends have a camping trip planned for the week after Labor Day. Nothing rugged but it'll be a chance for the Missus and I to get our tent out. I'll have to post pictures. Thanks for the reply and I likewise am happy to hear of another 3/4 ton-er

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

View attachment 29772
Hello all,

Ewwww pretty! That's a great looking truck! Nice to meet you Eric, I'm Eric too! Also like you, I have a 3/4 ton Ram who I name Magnus :). Welcome, good to see another Ram in the ranks!

Zebinator

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi there!

Been exploring the outdoors my whole life, by foot, bike, moto, and now a 2006 slightly modded tacoma. Interested in getting to far corners to start a hike, fish, or ride, and love it when I find pristine places even4x4's can access. Interested in route and location info and getting together with some local members to figure out what the truck and driver are capable of (so... low-key wheeling?)

I live out in west sonoma county but am in love with the Sierra, so given a choice, that's where I'll be.

I'm pretty new to "wheeling" but have been out there a bunch in the back woods including self-supporting with a friend on the entire Oregon Backroads Discovery Route back in '99 on motos.

Here's the truck in it's latest form:

You can find more info on my past trips and the build on the truck at tacomaworld.com under the username zebinator. (i'd post a link but i'm still on "probation!") Happy to share info on routes and tracks through GAIA or other... I am a total map/map technology nerd.

Hope to see you out there!

Onesimo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pomona,Ca
Member #

IMG_3504.jpg Location: Pomona,Ca

Rig: 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Experiences: Novice just started getting into exploring fun places;
Bought a Tacoma without thinking of any of this overlanding stuff; started seen more and more of nice rigs on Instagram and other places and just got into it so that's basically it lol
Even though is a 2wd it's still fun to explore new places

Reactions: chrispartida

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

My name is Darin and the lady in the photo is my brave wife. When I was younger, overlanding on a bicycle was my thing. I traded my bike for a jeep and there is nothing stopping us from exploring. Its great to be a part of this community.

Hey Darin, I can see mixing it up, but never stop exploring on your bike. My wife and I are preparing for a 6 week Jeep trip and we plan to do a bike packing side trip. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app