Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey there everyone. My name is Max. Don't have a picture currently but my rig is a 2002 2500hd Silverado extended cab long box with a 6.0L I'm not much of an overlander. I've camped some in my life and I wanted to build my truck further to accommodate that more often. I also am surrounded by Jeep people (not a bad thing but I like to be different) so I've decided to keep my truck because overland/road trip camping is what I want to do more of at this point in my life. And I love my old road warrior! I'm located in eastern Nebraska but am originally from western Nebraska. I really feel like Nebraska is my backyard. I hope to learn a lot from your forum!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hello, Max and welcome to OB! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Silverado. Safe travels man and enjoy the open road!

Reactions: maxfederle89

E.J.

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
EJ
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6WPP
Hello. Not sure how many people from Africa on the forum, but here's my introduction.

1) Picture! Attached (but, as per profile pic)
2) Location: South Africa
3) Rig: Toyota J Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Fairly experienced, specifically around Southern Africa.

Hoping to learn from the forum and share my experiences too.

Rgds,
Ross
I love the setup! Who makes your rear bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strigidae

Rank 0

Traveler I

USA
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I'm Strigidae and interested in learning all that i can about overlanding and gaining more outdoor skills. Im in the midwest and looking to buy my first vehicle capable of trail work. We are looking at a 2015 4Runner and should have a decision made by the weekend we hope. I have zero experience in overlanding except for a few times getting lost on logging roads in colorado and vermont.

RMackay

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

South Africa
Member #

I love the setup! Who makes your rear bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks E.J.
The bumpers are manufactured by a guy in Cape Town. Maniac 4x4 (hope I'm not overstepping forum TOS by mentioning manufacturers names). I'll post more pics of my rig as soon as I can.

b0z

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

1. Picture - not yet - coming soon!
2. Location - Bellevue, WA, USA
3. Rig - 2018 Ford Raptor on order
4. Overlanding Experience Background - Novice - I spent time in the Army after high school as a Cavalry Scout and put ~500K miles on a HMMV much of it off road or on tank trails - but that was 25 years ago! I've forgotten all of that and am getting psyched to hit the forest roads in the NW and BC!

Steve Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Suisun City, CA, USA
Member #

My names Steve from the Bay Area
I got a 13 jk 2door aka trail raider
Id say I'm a novice because I'm so young and I just got into overlanding this year. I've got alit to learn.
I love the wilderness I love how small it makes me feel and I love seeing historical stuff
Looking forward to seeing some of you on the trail one of these days.

Reactions: Grevlin

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
My names Steve from the Bay Area
I got a 13 jk 2door aka trail raider
Id say I'm a novice because I'm so young and I just got into overlanding this year. I've got alit to learn.
I love the wilderness I love how small it makes me feel and I love seeing historical stuff
Looking forward to seeing some of you on the trail one of these days.
Welcome Steve! I moved to Arizona a year ago, but before that I spent about 10 years living in San Francisco. Love that area. Donut Time in Pacifica was one of my many weaknesses, R.I.P.

Reactions: Grevlin

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
My mom lives in Tucson with 2 of my brothers and grandmother
Nice! Hit me up if you are ever in the area and want to hit up some trails. We have so many abandoned mines and ghost towns around here it will make your head spin.

17ProRunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mississippi
Member #

Jus wanted to introduce myself, 17ProRunner (Danny) and say thanks for having me.. I jus receive my 2017 cement pro 4runner. This is my 2nd 4runner, and this time around I'm getting into Overlanding with my family of 4.
looking forward to lurking and learning what not to waste my money on..
thanks again

Ok I went and visited Bobby at CVT, at there Chattanooga Tn. location.
I will tell you that i could not ask for a better experience purchasing this equipment. I also lucked out and met Toyota Strong (Kerbin) and another guy, Walker (both with CVT/ TRD PRO'S ). Looking forward to putting this stuff to use.
IMG_2346.JPG

quantum mechanic

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hesperia, Ca.
Member #

Hello all
My name is Erik. I'm from Hesperia California. My rig is a 2013 moded 4x4 tacoma. My wife and I are into camping, road tripping, and just off roading in general. We figure we are already half ass overlanders. We just need more practice. We are looking forward to exploring this website, this planet, and meet cool people along the way.

The Klumps

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fenton, Missouri
Member #

9778.jpeg Hello, We are The Klumps.
Rig is a Toyota FJ Cruiser.
New to over landing as a concept, but have done a fair amount of car camping, multi day floats and was pretty much regarded as a "River Rat" growing up.
If you don't find me on a gravel bar, chances are I'm either hiking or hunting.
Our clan consist of a Dad, Mom, the Boy and the Doggo.
What drew us to over landing is our love for the outdoors and activities we can do as a group.
We have a good friend who moved to AZ and while checking on places to see on the way to visit him we just stumbled across over landing.
As my previous truck (ZR2 S-10) was lacking in space and long in the tooth (300,000+) we searched for a new vehicle and fell in love with The Smurf, it just makes you want to go places.
I went ahead and ordered a membership as I'm sure there's a wealth of knowledge here and hope to find some local members to help show us the ropes.
That's all I got for now, pleasure to be aboard.

XkenhillX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitsap county, Washington
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Kenneth, I'm located in Washington state. I'm hoping to meet some people on here from my area. My current vehicle is a 07 fj cruiser and I'm expecting my 2017 4Runner TRD pro to arrive next month! New to overlanding so I'm hoping to learn a lot from all the experienced overlanders in this group.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe