Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

John Reyes

Rank I

Contributor III

Nice GR. Is it the TD42 or us it the "petrol" 2.8?
I have a 1991 GQ Patrol left hand drive at our other place in the Philippines. It has the TD42 in it that I have added a turbo to and turned the pump up on. Factory pto winch and cable lockers.
Wow, that's awesome! Having a Y60 turbo plus the driving wheel is on leftside. That will be a perfect rig in the US. Mines a TD42 Diesel non-turbo automatic. The driving wheel is on the right side. Thinking about adding a turbo kit. It should give me more torque power. First on the list is 2 inch lift kit, probably OME or Ironman4x4.

Ben Ivey

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ben & Missy Ivey
Orange, TX
1996 Lexus LX450
Have owned a form of a Land Cruiser for 23 years. Have traveled the NW coast of the US raising kids in tents on weekends as often as our schedule would allow. Live in Tejas now and looking forward to new adventures.

Attachments

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Smiley52

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Melbourne, Florida
Member #

Hello everyone, My name is Ricky and I am from Orlando FL and am enjoying the forum and have been enjoying the Overland lifestyle for some time. Planning many more trips and hopefully will run into some of you out there. Have many vehicles but mostly use our 2014 JKU Rubicon. Leaving for Colorado soon on a 2 week loop.
Welcome, from Melbourne!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rock Fish

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mount Vernon Washington
Member #

Hello everyone,
I am a re-jeeper. I had a jeep when I lived in Hawaii in 95 but just picked up a 08 about a mount ago. Already modding the heck out of it. Forgot how much I missed my jeep and all the things you can do with one. I found this group by watching videos on youtube of different people doing cool stuff to their jeeps. I then found a channel about Jake, Jade, and Annie, and how he is living in his jeep and traveling the US. In one vid was him visiting this group at an event. I had to join.

2008 jeep wrangler x
0a4b6c748e0cc00ec8334f44464ea53bx (2).jpg

Traveler I

Hello everyone. I am @Modurndaydrifter and have recently entered the Overlanding experience. I have a 2017 Tacoma Pro outfitted with an All Pro front bumper, warn winch, and all pro sliders. On top I have installed a Frontrunner rack, with a Tepui Kukenam Sky3. I have taken it on a couple of of camping trips. The one pictured is Stagecoach down in Coachella, but here in the near future we will be on our maiden voyage across several states. I am appreciative of all the information and assistance this sight and the associated Youtube vids.

IMG_3764.JPG

Loud Runner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose
Member #

IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_4237.JPG
Hey everyone,
I'm Steven, also known as @LoudRunner
I'm from San Jose, CA

I have a 1997 Toyota 4Runner (5 Speed)
I added the TRD Supercharger & Headers + URD 7th injector kit.

I have been overlanding for a few years now. I would still consider myself a beginner but have picked up a lot of great information from like-minded folk along the way. Looking forward to going out and exploring with people from this forum.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone. I am @Modurndaydrifter and have recently entered the Overlanding experience. I have a 2017 Tacoma Pro outfitted with an All Pro front bumper, warn winch, and all pro sliders. On top I have installed a Frontrunner rack, with a Tepui Kukenam Sky3. I have taken it on a couple of of camping trips. The one pictured is Stagecoach down in Coachella, but here in the near future we will be on our maiden voyage across several states. I am appreciative of all the information and assistance this sight and the associated Youtube vids.

View attachment 28578
Modurndaydrifter - Hello and welcome to OB. Nice rig setup! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

Hello everyone,
I am a re-jeeper. I had a jeep when I lived in Hawaii in 95 but just picked up a 08 about a mount ago. Already modding the heck out of it. Forgot how much I missed my jeep and all the things you can do with one. I found this group by watching videos on youtube of different people doing cool stuff to their jeeps. I then found a channel about Jake, Jade, and Annie, and how he is living in his jeep and traveling the US. In one vid was him visiting this group at an event. I had to join.

2008 jeep wrangler x
View attachment 28575
Welcome from another Jeeper!

Turbo Diesel YJ

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/8019/

Traveler I

Hello and thanks. I am just joining from denver colorado area. I have a 07 Commander i have had for a couple years and working on. Recently finished a more extensive lift and now working on Front and Rear Bumpers. Have seen a couple fellows around this area on here and looking to learn some more and meet fellow interested people.

Attachments

Ben Gagne

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Ben here and I'm from northern VT. I'm kind of a newbie to overlanding but been wheeling for years just more in the rock crawler world. Still have a crawler (99 Tacoma sas'd and caged) but I recently bought a 17' Tacoma and I'm just wanting to go out and explore.

I'm on the west side of the state and girlfriends family has a camp on the other side. Will be planning a backroad and trail route out there, have a few that are very interested but aren't hooked yet. Figure this will be a great run for someone curious about exploring with their 4x4.

Looking forward to learning a bunch and sharing my knowledge with others. Thanks for having a great community here!

I'll leave a pic of the patient that will be getting all the goods eventually! Stock thus far, added a softopper, built a simple platform and have some rock sliders so far. IMG_4258.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939

fatbacktom

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northern NJ
Member #

Ben here and I'm from northern VT. I'm kind of a newbie to overlanding but been wheeling for years just more in the rock crawler world. Still have a crawler (99 Tacoma sas'd and caged) but I recently bought a 17' Tacoma and I'm just wanting to go out and explore.

I'm on the west side of the state and girlfriends family has a camp on the other side. Will be planning a backroad and trail route out there, have a few that are very interested but aren't hooked yet. Figure this will be a great run for someone curious about exploring with their 4x4.

Looking forward to learning a bunch and sharing my knowledge with others. Thanks for having a great community here!

I'll leave a pic of the patient that will be getting all the goods eventually! Stock thus far, added a softopper, built a simple platform and have some rock sliders so far. View attachment 28594
Love the look with the soft top.

Loud Runner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose
Member #

I'll leave a pic of the patient that will be getting all the goods eventually! Stock thus far, added a softopper, built a simple platform and have some rock sliders so far. View attachment 28594
Welcome! I'm new here as well. Can I see a pic of that sas tacoma? What front axle did you go with?

Clunky

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sedona AZ
Great to find this community! I'm pretty new to overlanding, purchased my 1999 LX470 about 1.5 years ago and did some basic mods (new 33" AT tires, sliders, skid plate, CB, removed 2nd and 3rd row seats). I got my feet wet by attending 100s in the Hills last year.

My wife and I leave this week for a big trip from Arizona to Montana and back. I'll post more details in a different thread ask for some recommendations.

upload_2017-7-10_14-25-51.png

upload_2017-7-10_14-27-59.png

Last edited: