Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

sv9cannon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, SC
Member #

Hello, everyone! My name is Josh and I'm right outside of Columbia, South Carolina. I'm an avid backpacker and outdoors enthusiast but new to overlanding. I just picked up a stock 08 4Runner Limited 4WD and am looking forward to building it out and hitting the trails. See you guys out there!

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Red from Central Texas here.

I'm guessing I was overlanding before I knew it was a thing. Lived a vagabond life style in my younger days chasing the pipeline and shutdowns. Living and working out of my '85 Toyota for several years. Saved me a lot of money and saw some beautiful places doing it. I guess to some folks I could have just been that guy living in his truck down by the river.

Rigs:
Pete, my 1985 Toyota Hilux that has seen the world with me for the last 20 years. We have been from Prudhoe Bay to Cabo San Lucas in one shot back in our younger days. Great little truck that has yet to let me down. Here are some then and now shots of Pete.

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

My new daily driver is The Wombat. A 2016 TRD Off Road 6 MT Tacoma. Special order this truck to be just what I wanted and the wait has been worth it. I've owned the truck for just over a year and have already logged 5k+ miles off road. Hoping this one will be as good as Pete.

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

Last edited:

Devin Hunt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chesterville, ON
Member #

Hi all,

Hello from eastern Ontario, near Ottawa.

The Rig: My "rig" is none other than "Daisy" our stock 2013 Land Rover LR2 HSE. She functions mostly as my wife's daily driver while I pack on the miles in our VW Jetta commuting to work. Mods? Does a rubber boot mat count? I had OEM roof rails and crossbars installed and have a Thule roof rack for extras that won't fit inside. Factory hitch also installed.

Experience: I would consider myself an experienced novice. Camping in a 1967 VW Bug with my parents as a child. Car camping with my own kids util they lost interest. Grew up on a farm, so getting stuck and unstuck was "normal." Watched too many Camel Trophy videos as a young man. Lived out of a tent for a couple of days when doing a short term mission trip to Uganda about 20 years ago. This also crystallized my love of Land Rovers, even though I have only owned once since last summer. Have done the Land Rover Experience driving school twice, once in a Disco Series II and once in an LR3. Looking forward to doing it again in a couple of weeks with my wife, this time in the brand new Disco 5.

The Plan: As I contemplate retirement from my current profession and transition into another, my wife and I are at the point where we would like to travel. I don't see myself as a hard core off-roader, but I do see myself going off the beaten path. We are seriously looking at getting a trailer that can go wherever my Land Rover can take it. Perhaps an LR4 or new Disco TDV6 with a Conqueror UEV 440 is in our future? That's why I a here. To learn. FF8C13EC-2770-44D5-8B37-19265368AED1.JPG4B610403-E7F4-4FCD-9BDD-F28EDBDB7B82.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan
- Rig: 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6
- Overlanding Experience Background:
Beginner at overlanding, however i have nearly 20yrs experience in off-roading, mostly rock crawling. lots of experience with cars of all sorts.
my wife and I started a family, so i sold the Jeep (TJ) i had and bought the 4Runner. my thought process was making this more a family oriented experience, being able to haul more stuff with us on these expeditions, and more road trips. here is my rig.View attachment 28262
Hi Meeceboy78 and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

Peter Lu

Rank II

Contributor III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Lu
Member #

Hello,

New member from the Bay Area
I have a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road with an ARE Cap.
Newbie to Overlanding. Only one trip back in Feb.
Looking to learn from

- Peter

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks, checking all the different Overland Bound videos on YouTube. Looks like fun.
Yes, there are many awesome OB video to watch. I have a YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/iamjake - I live out of my Jeep Wrangler "Jade" with my dog Annie and we're on a 50 state road trip and I am documenting/vlogging my journey.

Reactions: NV Badlands

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Hi, my name is Bill.
My ride is a 2011 JK Sport that has been slowly evolving.
Off road experience is mostly in a war zone, this year though will be different. Don't have to worry about IEDs.
Looking through here, I think I'll find this more enjoyable than off roading.
welcome from texas,

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

I'm just a guy that drives around a lot and have learned to share my wanderings. Back Roads are my thing due to location. Last year we (my lovely bride of 26 years) spent 85 nights outdoors. This year to date is 77. The month of May was spent on the road throughout 4 states, no paid rooms.
Stop and say Hi if you see us.
welcome from fort worth

Peter Lu

Rank II

Contributor III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Lu
Member #

I have been watching "I am Jake" vlog all day. Good stuff. Down to earth!! Was watching kind of random stories then decided to start from the beginning.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Jake when you, Annie & Jade get to Texas feel free to stop buy if you need any thing. I have a garage full of tools and plenty of experience if you need repairs on your way. Also there is an Anytime Fitness 2 miles from my house.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Jake when you, Annie & Jade get to Texas feel free to stop buy if you need any thing. I have a garage full of tools and plenty of experience if you need repairs on your way. Also there is an Anytime Fitness 2 miles from my house.
Red Beard - that is very kind of you.

If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you!