Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Dave Blaylock

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello, I'm Dave Blaylock
located in Tega Cay, SC
Currently I am doing an engine swap from a 4.0 to a 5.3 on my 2001 Jeep TJ so for now I'll beIMG_1365.JPG IMG_1285.JPG overlanding in a 2001 Nissan Xterra (Terry). He is a little old and tired but He'll get us there.

My experience, I have not been camping in 13 years but recently have separated from my company I have found myself with some time on my hands. Ran across Overland Bound and thought I'd jump in.

firehog2

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oakdale Ca
Member #

Hey everyone I am Randy and my Wife is Dawn. We are in Oakdale CA. Our rig is a 97 Toyota Tacoma which I build a sleeper system in it. We just made a maiden voyage to Bodie Ca, via the loop out of Bridgeport. I have spent many years traveling the mountain roads chasing Wildfires all over the state. So my experience in driving off road is not limited. We are planning a cross county trek in Aug. Looking forward to meeting alot of people out there. As soon as I can I will upload a photo of our rig.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Never knew this forum existed until today Figured I'd introduce myself, my Rover doesn't get much use aside from the occasional beach trip during the summer but you can catch me out at assateague or in the philly burbs.

Welcome! Great having you here. There are lots of rovers in the club and it's growing. Very nice LR3!

Meeceboy78

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan
- Rig: 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6
- Overlanding Experience Background:
Beginner at overlanding, however i have nearly 20yrs experience in off-roading, mostly rock crawling. lots of experience with cars of all sorts.
my wife and I started a family, so i sold the Jeep (TJ) i had and bought the 4Runner. my thought process was making this more a family oriented experience, being able to haul more stuff with us on these expeditions, and more road trips. here is my rig.runner.png

jackalope

Rank 0

Traveler I

Spokane
Hello from Seattle,
2001 Forester, surprisingly capable on primitive roads.
2005 Element, also surprisingly capable.
2012 Forester, strictly a pavement pounder.

I'm looking into FJC's and 100 series LC. I'm 58, I like cushier vehicles now.
We mostly drive primitive/logging roads in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.

We will be relocating to North Central Wa within a year. There are tons of good trails and roads out that way. See you there!

Rob Reed

Rank 0

Traveler I

Aloha everyone! Transplanted Hawaiian now living in Henderson Nv. I've lived in the mainland since '82. I drive an '08 FJC. I've turned it into a very capable off road traveler with all the usual mods and we're in the process of making it an extended over land cruzer. We hope to meet fellow over-landers and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning from all at Overland Bound!

KevinE

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Saratoga Springs, Utah County, Utah, United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Escott
Member #

New to Overlanding but have been an avid hiker/camper for a long time. To be honest I am getting to beat up and this is a great way to continue my passion. Not that there wont be some bumps and bruises with this. With that said I am a Novice and looking right now at building a rig. I am down to 2 choices, a 2012 or later Rubicon Unlimited or a newer Toyota 4Runner. If anyone has advice I would appreciate it between those two....like who doesn't have an opinion so I might just open Pandora's box.

Hopefully will have something in hand in the next couple of weeks. <fingers crossed>. Once I have Pics I will upload.

I am in the Birmingham Al area and would love to meet up with some Local Overlanders to get some advice, not sure if there is a meet up scheduled soon but if so please let me know.

Paw

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redwood City
Member #

Hello All !
Redwood City California area. Experience 40 years, started with a old CJ5, then to Toyota's, GMC, jeeps and now that Old Age is setting in just bought a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, for some comfort, slowly building that now. Immediate bucket list, drive the Alaskan Highway from start to finish in the 4Runner.

Espengineer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Orange county
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Sheehan
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Vehicle: Honda Pilot, ford e450 chateau 23' rv
New to the overland of scene. Looking to get more into it. Moderate camping experience. Little bit of desert prerunning of the 2wd variety.

I look forward to interacting on the forum.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Smiley52

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Melbourne, Florida
Member #

4runner stock.jpg

Hey everybody, my name is Danny, I'm from Melbourne, FL and this is my current rig!
96 Toyota 4Runner sr5, with a couple small upgrades at the moment.
New to the official "overland" scene, but I've been offroading for a few years, and have camped in vehicles many nights thanks to the Army. Looking forward to learning from ya'll and hopefully getting to meet some of you!