Launch Member

Contributor III

Philadelphia, PA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
B.
Member #

Hello. Philadelphia PA here. Love hiking, camping, and Photography.
My rig is a 2017 T4R Off-Road Prem. She is only two weeks old.
Guess I'm a novice (unless car camping is considered overlanding..lol)

Attachments

Reactions: HeliSniper

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
Hello. Philadelphia PA here. Love hiking, camping, and Photography.
My rig is a 2017 T4R Off-Road Prem. She is only two weeks old.
Guess I'm a novice (unless car camping is considered overlanding..lol)
Welcome from the hood - Willow Grove actually. I also have a new T4R Trail (6 months). Always happy to talk Toyota, Trail or prime versus zoom while hiking.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

CO Avalanche

Rank 0

Traveler I

Denver
Hey from Colorado
Defiantly a rookie, only one or two trips under my belt
I have a 03 chevy avalanche
I've done some work to it here and there, but by far the coolest is the tent that attaches to the bed with the mid gat of the avalanche it makes it a great sleeping area.
Other then that I'm here to learn as much as I can as well as grow the community .

Attachments

Reactions: finlayforprez

Kingtom

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Devon, UK
Member #

Hi I am Tom from Exeter, Devon in the UK.

Ive become a member since mmeting everyone at the overland Expo in Flagstaff the other day where i then travelled with some friends up to Moab ending in Denver

I own a Landcruiser hdj80 which ive been kitting out for long range travel always ongoing. I ve traveld through europe lots in her, I really love eastern europe especially Romania, Serbia and Bosnia, Ive also recently returned from a trip to Morocco.

I havent had the truck that long but the dream is to drive down the West coast of Africa combining overlanding and surfing whilst trying my hardest not to get shot.

All the best and look forward to the forum and what seems to be a great community

TomIMG_20170422_205417_999.jpg IMG_20170413_115326_100.jpg IMG_20170404_215457_594.jpg IMG_20170420_235135_049.jpg

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm Will from the UK.

What a great community and resource! Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning new things.

I've been overlanding in some form or other since I was a kid but most recently with my better half and our dog in an old '94 Defender 110 that we've spent literally years rebuilding.

See you all soon!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome! Especially great to have another member in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi I am Tom from Exeter, Devon in the UK.

Ive become a member since mmeting everyone at the overland Expo in Flagstaff the other day where i then travelled with some friends up to Moab ending in Denver

I own a Landcruiser hdj80 which ive been kitting out for long range travel always ongoing. I ve traveld through europe lots in her, I really love eastern europe especially Romania, Serbia and Bosnia, Ive also recently returned from a trip to Morocco.

I havent had the truck that long but the dream is to drive down the West coast of Africa combining overlanding and surfing whilst trying my hardest not to get shot.

All the best and look forward to the forum and what seems to be a great community

TomView attachment 24345 View attachment 24346 View attachment 24347 View attachment 24348
Hi Tom, welcome! Good to see yet another new member in the UK.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

JUSTIN DELAND

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

unnamed.jpg unnamed (1).jpg Aloha! Excited to be apart of the community.

Rig: 2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 / TuffStuff4x4 Tent / 17" TRD Wheels w/ BFG AT KO2 / Leveling Kit
Experience: Novice overlander, experienced camper. Building my rig to be a photography / surf adventure rig.

Last edited:

Blaze

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone!
My name is Blaze and I'm from South Orange County.
I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma DCLB, and have been exploring and camping in the local deserts and forests on my dirtbike all my life but only recently gotten into overlanding. I'm stoked to start my build so I'm able to venture out and enjoy what mother nature has to offer!
My new-born "rig": new.jpg 20170524_185638.jpg

Climbnkd

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah
Hi all,
My name is John but I go by Climbnkd on the forums. I live in Utah and enjoy getting out as much as possible. My rig is a 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4 door. When I hit the dirt I am usually towing my home built teardrop trailer. I have quickly learned that your rig is never complete. There is always something more you want to do to it. It's a real addiction but I love it.

IMG_2637.JPG

Austin Bane

Rank 0

Traveler I

14882247_10208006329851512_6492113751852709789_o.jpg 14856191_10208006341931814_1314223388213659179_o.jpg 15440343_10157774535605005_1566631581841813124_o.jpg 14889739_10208006324771385_125516043701239895_o (1).jpg IMG_1187.jpg Hey yall! My name is Austin from BraveHeart Overland! I know my teammate Eric is on here too I believe. I have an 06 tacoma off road. 4.0 V6. I have some stuff done too it with MANY more additions to come. Starting with the lift, 3 inch procomp lift which will be upgraded shortly to toytec or maybe long travel. I have 33 inch BFG All Terrain KO2's. AllPro standard front bumper. K&N Cold air intake. Black powder coated toyota offroad wheels with rock rash. Bestop Supertop. Roof rack with smittybilt brackets. 42 inch light bar. Got it free, dont know the brand. 1.25 inch wheel spacers. ARB differential breather. AllPro shackle flip kit. custom Skid plates. fog light mod. Im from warrenton Virginia but go to college in Greensboro NC. Always at the Uwharrie National forest and richland road. BraveHeart Overland will be running the Trans-American Trail this summer and vlogging the whole thing on youtube! follow us on youtube and insta if desired! Awesome being apart of Overland Bound!

Marcos Jay

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Downey Ca
Member #

FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Hey everyone, finally became a member, been a fan for a while and finally decided to join.
Im from Socal. Ive only done mild trails, nothing too crazy. Ive been a Toyota fanatic all my life. Did most of my travels in a Tacoma, My current rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner, she runs like a beaut. Im getting ready to hit the Mighty 5 in Utah next month. Safe travels everyone, Adventuers out there!

Reactions: SilveradoTX

GWNavigator

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Greetings from Northern California (Bay Area) from a basic family man with adventurous aspirations. With two young kids and two 55lb beasts (dogs), I'm interested in family-friendly overlanding opportunities that won't scare away my crew, but rather will instill a sense of adventure, confidence and basic life skills (like safely operating a clamshell spring compressor, for example).

My designated overland rig and tow vehicle (Conqueror 440 trailer arriving this summer) is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Offroad, which as of yet has no modifications except for a Tekonsha brake controller. This will be changing though in the next few weeks in preparation for the 440. My other vehicle is a 2015 4Runner, designated the winter escape mobile - not so much an overlander but does serve as an awesome backup vehicle:

IMG_5529.jpg

Though I do not have a huge amount of overlanding experience under my belt, some of the basic components are there. I have the long-distance highway part and camping part mastered. And international travel - check. Definitely can use more experience off-roading, though I did spend a number of months in years past traversing remote northern Canadian logging roads (which in some cases, resemble mud-baths more than roads).

Overall, I'm excited and looking forward to learning and sharing from this group of like-minded folks.

EDIT: Pic of the Tacoma and 440:

IMG_7284.JPG

-Dan.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilveradoTX

Stuart

Rank I

Contributor III

Utah
Hi everybody! I am often found playing around in the dirt here in southern Utah. I just bought a manual 2007 Nissan Xterra Off-road that has many mods to come.

Not too experienced with the whole overlanding scene, but that's why I am here in the first place!

Traveler I

IMG_0142.JPG New as of today. Rookie overlander, but I do take lots of day trips in the foothills of the Rockies outside of Denver. Driving a 2013 wrangler Sahara with a 3 inch lift, bumpers, and 35 inch tires on method wheels. He pic is from one of m favorite spots, but was before the addition of the 35s

Looking to learn lots from this group.
My jeep after the addition of bumpers and wheels/tires
IMG_0609.JPG

ACPerez88

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, CO
Member #

Greetings everyone, call me Drew. I'm brand new to overlanding and have been reading about it and watching videos on it for nearly two years. I've finally pulled the trigger and purchased a brand new 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road and am excited to be joining the Overland Bound community. I'm relocating to the Denver/ Boulder area of Colorado in a week (driving NY to CO June 1st) and excited to start the next chapter of life in my new home. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, learning the ins & outs, and begin outfitting my Taco for overland travel.

Reactions: GWNavigator

Seelyartacus

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Hey this is Brendan. I'm from San Diego and spend the majority of time in Baja with the truck. It grew from mainly trying to support surf trips into a beast that's going to help me get to Alaska by way of most of the Rockies and Banff this summer. I have a fairly kitted out 2016 Tacoma and will bevtowing a trailer, a girlfriend, and a little man. I guess I have intermediate experience with some 1000 mile trips but really haven't gotten myself into too much trouble. IMG_2272.JPGIMG_2283.JPGIMG_0380.JPG

leisurefire

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey there! I'm from Chandler, AZ. My experiences include hiking, camping with family, and backpacking. After a few camping trips with the family, I convinced my wife to try dispersed camping. We usually pack our Toyota Sienna to the fullest along with our three kids. For our most recent trip, the Sienna was out of commission, so we took our Subaru WRX down a pretty rocky dirt road. I drove in unscathed, but we left our campsite to resupply and on the way back in I hit a rock and scratched one of the rims. Oh, the price for adventure!

Our dispersed campsite was right along a creek; the best campsite yet and it was free! We'll probably never go back to paid campgrounds, if not necessary. We adapted and fit everything we needed in the trunk of the WRX. The kids took up the entire rear seats. After this trip, we traded the Sienna (which had mechanical issues) in for a 4Runner.

Current Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner SR5P; I really wanted the rear locking diff, but had to get the 3rd row seats. So ARB airlocker is on my list. Vehicle is currently stock. Got a roof rack, a roof top tent, wheels, recovery gear, ARB fridge, accessories...but nothing is installed yet. I will be doing that soon. So pictures to come.
Overlanding Experience: Novice

Looking forward to meeting the overlanding community.