Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Username Not Found

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oceanside, CA
Member #

Hello all. Just became a member last night, but I haven't got my badge yet so I have no clue what my member number is.

Name's Sean, I live in North County San Diego. I've been 4x-ing for years, mostly in Northern California in the Tahoe area when I was younger but now venturing into the local areas in SoCal.
My previous rigs include (in order of manufacturing date)
1985 Toyota Pickup 22R 4x4 Single Cab MT 6" lift, 4.88 and 35's
1989 Toyota Pickup 22RE 4x4 Extra Cab MT 2" lift and 31's
2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Xtracab MT 3"lift and 31's
2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB AT stock.

I just bought a new rig, 2015 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB MT, that I'm slowly outfitting.
Here's my rig before I got my shell:
20170505_155443.jpg
This set-up includes:
Custom roof half-rack with 48" LED light bar and RotoPax mount, Tepui Autana XL, and home-made pressurized solar water shower.
The only suspension work that I've done is a 1.5" AAL from Wheeler's Off-Road to compensate for the additional weight of the shell and the RTT.

My current projects are to build a custom rack for the shell that will support the RTT. And to wire and plumb my OBA. (Viair 380C)
This is how my rig looks right now.
20170520_150513.jpg
If you see me driving around Coastal North County San Diego, honk and wave, I'll probably flip you off before I realize that I asked you to do it. ;)

sccc29

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

FullSizeRender.jpg Hi everyone I'm located in western PA! I have 2016 Toyota 4Runner and I have absolutely no overlanding experience I'm about to take my first trip this weekend! I'm excited to join the community and learn from other members experiences if you're around my area I'm more than happy to meet up!

kcfj60

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

McKinney, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Clark
waldo.jpg Hi, my name is Chad and I am located in Eugene, Oregon. My vehicle is a 2015 Toyota 4runner SR5. I've done a few trips in my previous 1983 Toyota FJ60 but lately just day trips in the local area. I'm slowly building this to do long weekend runs and maybe a few 4-5 day trips in the West.

Reactions: SilveradoTX

Jan Beadle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Abu Dhabi, UAE
Member #

Hi All

2013 JK owner, 2.5 lift, From England but live in Abu Dhabi. Found a few members on here in the UAE, so looking forward to the crazy summer to finish so I can hit the wadis of the UAE and OMAN again.

Reactions: SLO Rob and Tim

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi All

2013 JK owner, 2.5 lift, From England but live in Abu Dhabi. Found a few members on here in the UAE, so looking forward to the crazy summer to finish so I can hit the wadis of the UAE and OMAN again.
Welcome! Do you get back to the UK ever? By crazy do you mean spending more time on 2 wheels in a 4x4 than all 4?!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jan Beadle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Abu Dhabi, UAE
Member #

Welcome! Do you get back to the UK ever? By crazy do you mean spending more time on 2 wheels in a 4x4 than all 4?!

LOL... Sadly not as often as I'd like.. The crazy is the temp here, Off roading in 45' to 55'c is not fun. I've just seen you guys back home have meet ups, didn't think there much of a 4x4 community back home, what with all the ' Not allowed police' everywhere, but great to see there's loads of members in the UK, used to live in Oxfordshire too.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

LOL... Sadly not as often as I'd like.. The crazy is the temp here, Off roading in 45' to 55'c is not fun. I've just seen you guys back home have meet ups, didn't think there much of a 4x4 community back home, what with all the ' Not allowed police' everywhere, but great to see there's loads of members in the UK, used to live in Oxfordshire too.
Yeah, a lot of restrictions of lanes but still possible to go greenlaning if you know where to look. Hopefully using so of the show here to meet up with other members too.

Reactions: Jan Beadle

WyOverland

US Rocky Mountain Member Rep Wyoming
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casper, WY, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cruse
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7JUN
New member here! Hello to ALL!

Rigs: 2005 Ford Excursion & 2017 Jeep JKU Rubi
IMG_20170416_123836_707.jpg 0514171838a_HDR.jpg

Jamesawag

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi all James was already taken haha but its my name as well :) I am kinda new to overlanding and trying to talk my wife into it... Not a easy thing to do but hey I gotta try right. I was born and raised in a little town in Vermont and offroading was a past time except for mud season aka spring time when all that non paved roads turn to mush haha. I now live in Fenton Missouri and have not seen much of a dirt roads down here. I have also had to settle down a lot since I hurt my back so now I want to just go off the beaten path and see whats there but not go hardcore lol.
We actually have 2 Jeeps mine is a 96 5.2L Grand Cherokee Limited I purchased after selling my 95 Grand. It was completely wrecked in the front and I have slowly rebuilt it, lifted it 3.5 inches with coils and control arms, adjustable track bar in front and relocated in the rear as well as a dropped pitman to straighten out the linkage. I also replaced the rear axle with one from a 98 with a traklock differential. The front locker is on my list of to-do's along with a whole list of other things.
My other is my wifes Liberty...(I am not allowed to touch except to fix it if it breaks) lol
Overlanding Experience Background. True overlanding I would say novice. I have been top to bottom and coast to coast but all on blacktop. Heck I have been through the painted desert twice... both times at night :( The last time I went some where was with my old Jeep and it was half drive and half hike up to a old waterfall in Vermont. The road stopped but I kept driving till forward was no longer a option.. Trees kinda got in the way hehe. Those days are done for me but I can still go places and plan on it someday soon and I find a place closer to home thats just out of reach of normal vehicles.14237613_1444772068872732_1336784972810507631_n (1).jpg

Brigham

Rank I

Contributor II

Kansas city, MO
First Name
Brigham
Last Name
ORourke
Hi All, My name is Brigham. I have a wife and two beautiful children one boy and one girl. We all love to be outside and explore. I am new to the overland world.... So novice would be the proper title for now ha. I am familiar with the backpacking/climbing side of things though. My family, friends and I have logged a decent amount of miles on the trails. Definitely look forward to this new adventure! Sounds like i can get some great knowledge on building my truck in this group!!

1) Will post pic soon
2) Kansas city, MO
3) 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
4) Novice

cliffordjol

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lymm, Cheshire UK
First Name
clifford
Last Name
O’Leary
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi

I am a new (British) member currently based for work in Saudi Arabia.

Back in the UK I have recently purchased my bucket list vehicle, a 2004 Land Rover Defender 110 Td5 and I am currently having it outfitted while I am away working in Saudi Arabia (Riyadh). My aim is a long term African trip 12 months or more to happen after a couple of years build-up with trips around europe and into north Africa. Targeting the Spain to Dakar International for Jan 2019 as my final "practice" run before Africa

Although I have spent 7 years weekending and day trips into the Saudi desert in a stock Toyota Prado and Fortuner, I am actually a novice at the overland thing.

Greatly enjoy your vids on You Tube and looking forward to "learning by doing"

cheers
Clifford

Attachments

cabin cruiser

Rank II

Member I

Dixon, Ca
Member #

IMG_0778.JPG Finally became a member. I live in Dixon, CA. My family and I spend most of the summer near Strawberry about 20 minutes from Lake Tahoe. This is my 94 land cruiser. I have recently added an OME 3" lift. We have been car camping for a long time but I like calling it over landing now more. We don't go out that much anymore because of cabin life. Mostly day trips to small alpine lakes and trail heads. I really enjoy reading and watching everyone's trips. I hope to meet some of you on the trail or out and about and hear of some adventures.

Attachments

csilv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Ana, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Silverberg
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6IOS
IMG_3885.JPG Greetings. I just joined today...

Location: Irvine, California (Southern CA, Los Angeles-Orange County area)
Rig: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Overlanding Experience: Novice

I'm in the process of enhancing and equipping my vehicle to be a little more offroad capable. While the Renegade is certainly limited as an offroad vehicle (it will never be a true rock crawler), it will be capable for its size and I look forward to the challenge of seeing what I can do within its limitations.

I really like what this group offers in terms of online and real world content, and I'm thrilled that OB is so welcoming. Looking forward to new adventures!

-Chris

Last edited:

SkiBum506

Rank 0

Contributor I

IMG_3416.jpg
Rig: 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ75 Troop Carrier. Imported from Australia, this pic is driving the Troopy home from picking her up in Oregon.
Experience: Just wheeling around trails since I got out west, have much to learn.

Reactions: SLO Rob