• HTML tutorial

SEMPERLIBERI

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Enid, OK
Member #

IMG_0427.JPG
2) I've done some overloading all over the country, but I'm currently in Oklahoma, and most of what I will be doing will be here, Texas,a and Colorado.
3) 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4) Plenty of small camping trips in the Appalachian Mountains, and I've done about 600 miles of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail so far. A 10-day trip down the East coast and a 15-day cross-country stint to Utah are my highlights.

Looking forward to getting to know the community!

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

What's up everybody my name is Tristan and I joined at OvEx17. I was living in Augusta, GA before I spent about a year overseas and after I returned I bought a '17 4Runner TRD Off-Road, installed a roof rack and rtt and am currently on a road trip with the lady (and 4Runner).

At the moment, we are in Flagstaff and the surrounding area (with just under 3000 miles on the vehicle); we came for the expo but haven't been able to drag ourselves away yet! The road trip is most likely going to take about 2 months and we plan on doing a massive clockwise loop of the US, ending up back in Georgia.

Anyone got any good beginner trails along the way they want to recommend it's much appreciated! My experience is limited, coming from a heavily modified Subaru STi, this is a whole new world.

Last edited:

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
Just found out about this community and I'm excited to learn more. Sam from Portland, 2015 Ram 2500. Been in camping, outdoors and vehicles for years.

Reactions: finlayforprez

camgunn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi guys, I am from Statesville, NC
I have been in a 02 Dodge ram 1500 with no real up grades but she has never failed me, from running Fire calls to trips to the Smokey Mountains. I would say I have decent experience overlanding and hope to add on to my truck soon and get back in to some wild trips more often. But in the mean time I will keep hitting the local dirt trails to save the people I serve.

Attachments

Sean Toro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Good Morning fellow adventurers,

My name is Sean and I am from the Greater Los Angeles area. My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium. I am at the very early stages of filling out my overlanding log and have spent the past year testing and learning my truck with only stock off the showroom floor equipment. I feel that it can only get better from there as I add to it and make it "my' rig. I am really looking forward to learning from all of you and maybe... just maybe add some of my own experiences.

IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1390.JPG

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Brad and I have been doing this for most of my life, just didn't know it had a proper name. I have always lived in Texas, except for a year and half in Manhattan Beach CA. Most of my exploring has been on the western slope in Colorado, just can't get enough of Ouray and the surrounding area.
Now I drive a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 and have just started on a trailer. I have a Tepui Ruggidized Kukanam RTT that I love. Also working on a Toyota FJ40 and an old CJ-6. I look forward to meeting everyone here.
FullSizeRender.jpg

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello all! My name's Sarah.
Location: Lancaster, PA --> Rio Rancho, NM (looking for trail recommendations if anyone is familiar with the area)
Rig: 2006 volvo xc70
Experience: minimal, but always looking for new places to get outdoors
Welcome Sarah! I used to live in Kinzers, PA for a while. I love the Volvo XC70s - looking forward to seeing photos!

Reactions: schaeffsc

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 23566
Will from Aptos, CA
2016 Land Rover LR4
I'm a member of the Northern California Land Rover Club. I've been off-roading for quite a few years now, starting back in 2004 with a tired Discovery 1. I've since moved on from the Disco to an LR3 and now more recently my newest LR4.
Hey Will! Nice seeing you here. I remember you from NCLR - I have since moved away, but still in the area sometimes. Looks like you got a 2016 since I last talked to you! :) How do you like the SCV6 vs the V8? I love the SCV6 in my 2016 RRS, but I still have my 2013 LR4. Welcome to OB!!!!

beezn

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, IN
Member #

Hi,

I'm Zach. I'm living in Lafayette, IN but I lived in Portland, OR for about 4 years. and Indianapolis before that. My daily/main rig is a 2012 Jeep JKU. I also have a 1979 CJ-7 that I mostly use if I want to have the top down. I've had a few cross country drives to the west coast and back, the last one was last summer. So I suppose I'm of intermediate experience.

Last edited:

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm Will from the UK.

What a great community and resource! Looking forward to sharing experiences and learning new things.

I've been overlanding in some form or other since I was a kid but most recently with my better half and our dog in an old '94 Defender 110 that we've spent literally years rebuilding.

See you all soon!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app

Mac_66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

08JKU.jpeg
Hello. My name is Tony.
I live in Northern California.
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
My Overlanding Background I believed to be mild. I have experience in camping, hunting and fishing several times a year over the past 40 ish years. My wife and I have taken several longer distance driving trips and have seen the landscape of 10 other states besides our own, but never with a group setting.

The Badger

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Blue Springs, Missouri
Member #

20160820_190815_edited.jpg Hi! I'm Alex. I'm from Blue Springs, Missouri, just east of Kansas City. I have always enjoyed the outdoors and camping. I have just recently started my Overlanding experience and look forward to meeting people with like-minded attitudes towards this big world we live in.

My "Rig" is a 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited.

See you on the trail.

Gotrovr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aptos, CA
Member #

Hey Will! Nice seeing you here. I remember you from NCLR - I have since moved away, but still in the area sometimes. Looks like you got a 2016 since I last talked to you! :) How do you like the SCV6 vs the V8? I love the SCV6 in my 2016 RRS, but I still have my 2013 LR4. Welcome to OB!!!!
Thanks for the welcome... As for my LR4, I likeee a lot. Power a plenty and no fall off at altitude compared to my 05 LR3 and the 8 speed is so smooth. Paddle shift is nice feature. Dial for transmission mode has taken a while to get used too.

Wadar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grand Junction
Member #

Hey All,

I'm Wade.
Currently residing in Grand Junction, CO. It's a great location centered in between the desert and the mountains, with some great locations for exploring just a few hours in any direction. Prior to GJ, I lived in Gunnison, Leadville, and raised on the front range.

I'm in an '02 Tacoma X-Cab, 3.4 L V6, with factory rear locker, 285 75 R16's, and 80k. Lots of mods including suspension lift, armor, and winch. Soon to be re-geared w/ 4.56's for some extra torque, but long range drivability.

I started my overlanding/4 wheeling education during the late 90's, in the Colorado Rockies with stock Toyota trucks. After many years of pushing stock trucks to their limits, I've finally started to build an all purpose trail capable rig.

96C784EE-5092-47B6-A338-6BDA07D7D0EC.jpg
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG

M.Gerber

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bradford, Ontario
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Gerber
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I just joined after my first few years of off road driving to camp with friends in Northern Ontario, Canada. Can't get enough of it every time we go!

Rig: 2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Experience: Novice. I grew up camping and mountain biking but usually in easy vehicle accessable areas until I sold my 1996 Audi A4 2 years ago and got my truck.
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1399.JPG

Huskyfargo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

IMG_6737.JPG Hello,
I'm from NW Arkansas.
I drive a 2008 Land Rover LR3
I've been Overlanding for about 10-12 years, and have traveled to all 48 lower states in my Rover.
Recent mods (due to necessity) include a spring conversion and I ripped out the audio/nav and replaced it all with a new aftermarket system.

IMG_6734.JPG