Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Clymber

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vt
Location. Vt
Rig. 2011 Tacoma. Dcsb
I moved back to Vt after 3 years in CO and have been overlanding for 5 or 6 years. Have done week long trips in UT WY CA and all around CO. Also did a 4 or 5 day trip up thru New Brunswick Canada

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2

FIG

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Discovery Bay, Ca
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Well stated!

FIG

CCH185

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oh cool! Another JK owner. Welcome to the OB forums. I bought a 2015 JK Unlimited and have been very slowly outfitting it ever since. How do you find the AEV 2.5" Dualsport lift? I have not lifted my jeep yet but know that given all the extra weight of my internal mods and the long wheel base of the JK Unlimited, it has to be the next big mod.
Love the AEV lift. It improved performance dramatically both on and off road. No more sag from loading up the Jeep (although I have made it a goal to keep it as light as possible) and better handling overall. It's not extreme, but seems "just right" for me. I am replacing my well used 255/75/17 ST Maxx tires with 255/80s. I think this set up makes for a very balanced rig. Not a hardcore rock crawler, but very capable for what I do. Wranglers should come equipped with a lift like this.

Other than some Rubicon take off sliders, the tires and the lift have been my biggest investments and both were well worth it.

ecw

Rank 0

Traveler I

Good afternoon! Finally joined after stalking the OB crew on Instagram for a while.Looking forward to learning about overlanding and living vicariously during the times I cannot get out.

Rig: 2012 GMC Sierra
Experience: None other than plenty of dirt road miles as a rural Southerner!

Dclass

Rank 0

Traveler I

Canada
Hey Guys! After watching a few videos on youtube I decided to join this community ! I'm sure i'll learn alot on here !

Rig: 2013 4runner SR5 (I did not take delivery as of may 15th)
Experience: Novice

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Welcome to all the new members and the ones just posting. Keep and eye out for Meet ups in your area ! Come on in and meet the people you may talk to here on the forums and share ideas and plans for trips and just have fun!! Always room for more......

Troublehardt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland Oregon
Member #

Not many fancy pics, just my action-y snow pics.
SW PDX.
'10 Xterra OR Edition. Stock-ish.
New to "overlanding"(novice) Put over 40k on a Trail 110 as a younger man. See the world at 30 mph, it is very different. It was just exploring and camping. Now with two mini's under five I bought a big rig.
Mostly I just take my kids out to explore, and try to find to those early hours to fish in peace. Joined because I was haunting the forums for answers anyways. See you at the top!
20170111_042828.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and King Tim

Patebbc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boise, Id
Member #

Hi Everyone,
#4928 here. I've always been into camping and finding roads less traveled with my two huskies, but just recently my Mom, stepdad, and step brother got me into crawling. They all have jeeps; I'm the black sheep. I found this group on instagram. If there's any other FJ guys, i'd love to hear what else i can do to this thing. Thank you!

Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Novice

Attachments

jelyon

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin TX
First Name
John
Last Name
Lyon
Member #

I just found recently out overlanding is the word for this thing I bareley knew existed just weeks ago.

We bought an RV exactly two years ago yesterday, and over road travel doesn't look as enticing as it did just a few months ago. My challenge is we do need (well, strongly desire) some creature comforts, and my spouse isn't as enthralled about the idea of overland travel as I am. Meaning she nixed the very idea of the expedition RV.

So I've been looking at rigs that can be towed behind a new RV we purchase in a year or so. Looking at lots of Wrangler builds at this point.

Excited to learn more as I scootch towards this new (to me) thing.

Heathen

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Layton, UT
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Peal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7LSF
Hey Everyone,
My name's Christian and my rig is Heathen, a 2010 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited. Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been a camping, hiking, rock crawler, trail runner, and a member of the Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers for years, but recently became interested in overlanding and am excited to have found this awesome community! My wife and I live in northern Utah and the state is full of places to explore well off the beaten path which is why I think overlanding appeals to me so much. I'll get a few pics of Heathen, posted soon, but I'm ready to learn form the experienced overlanders here and hit the trails this summer and see parts of the back country most people don't know exist!

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hey Everyone,
My name's Christian and my rig is Heathen, a 2010 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited. Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been a camping, hiking, rock crawler, trail runner, and a member of the Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers for years, but recently became interested in overlanding and am excited to have found this awesome community! My wife and I live in northern Utah and the state is full of places to explore well off the beaten path which is why I think overlanding appeals to me so much. I'll get a few pics of Heathen, posted soon, but I'm ready to learn form the experienced overlanders here and hit the trails this summer and see parts of the back country most people don't know exist!
Welcome to the OB community. I have geocached and off-roaded a bit in Utah while on vacation and absolutely love the state and the people. I am also a bit of a movie buff and have visited many of the movie sites, which are spread across the northern and western part of the state. I am so looking forward to visiting southern Utah one day. It looks like an overlanding and offroading paradise. Welcome once again!

Roamfreelivewild

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Nomads
Member #

IMG_1277.jpg IMG_1707.jpg Hey everyone! We are stoked to be a part of this killer community. We sold our house and built out a 2004 quigley converted 4x4 Thomas Minotaur bus. We have done over 15,000 miles since selling our home, border to border and coast to coast.

We are heading to Europe with our bus in 2018. Looking forward to being part of this crew.

You can keep tabs on us on instagram @Hwerwego