Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

UplandEric

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Greetings from Colorado Springs. New member #5147. I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who makes this forum happen and to all the folks that make up this awesome community. I have said this on the trail before and it applies here as well,"I only wish I would have gotten here sooner".

Current Location - Colorado Springs, CO. Before that I've spend my life in the So CA Mojave Desert and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Back then we called what is known now as overlanding as, camping, fishing, snowboarding, living at the construction site, going on an adventure, 4x4ing, etc.

Current Vehicle - 2005 Ford E350 Sportsmobile. AKA Space Shuttle Venture.
In SMB jargen mine is a RB (short length), 6.0 (powerstroke diesel), SMB 4x4 (sportsmobile did the 4x4 conversion), manual top (not electric), no propane (no mounted propane tank or appliances I'm almost all electric), walk through (floor plan allows walking through the back doors without crawling over the bed), so kind of one of the more basic Sportsmobiles as far as interior.
I purchased it used from the first owner in 2010. It had been in a moderate crash and kind of band aided back together for the sale so It's been a lot of work to repair and improve over the years. But I've enjoyed working on it as well as traveling in it.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to say hello, and I hope to meet up with many of you.
-Eric

Maxwell Sunset.jpg

Shuttle Interior.jpg

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Rob & my better half is Sharon. We have a 6 month old boxer puppy and a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition. We're living in Tempe Arizona and are new to Overlanding. We joined Overland Bound at the 2017 Overland Expo West.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi and welcome!

Reactions: Rob & Sharon

MadCityDriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Madison, WI
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9FON
Greetings from Colorado Springs. New member #5147. I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who makes this forum happen and to all the folks that make up this awesome community. I have said this on the trail before and it applies here as well,"I only wish I would have gotten here sooner".

Current Location - Colorado Springs, CO. Before that I've spend my life in the So CA Mojave Desert and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Back then we called what is known now as overlanding as, camping, fishing, snowboarding, living at the construction site, going on an adventure, 4x4ing, etc.

Current Vehicle - 2005 Ford E350 Sportsmobile. AKA Space Shuttle Venture.
In SMB jargen mine is a RB (short length), 6.0 (powerstroke diesel), SMB 4x4 (sportsmobile did the 4x4 conversion), manual top (not electric), no propane (no mounted propane tank or appliances I'm almost all electric), walk through (floor plan allows walking through the back doors without crawling over the bed), so kind of one of the more basic Sportsmobiles as far as interior.
I purchased it used from the first owner in 2010. It had been in a moderate crash and kind of band aided back together for the sale so It's been a lot of work to repair and improve over the years. But I've enjoyed working on it as well as traveling in it.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to say hello, and I hope to meet up with many of you.
-Eric

View attachment 23472

View attachment 23474
Welcome! Love the rig! My dream rig is a Sportsmobile.

Nexus6

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orange County, CA
Member #

Hello everyone, (#5385) Just joined Sat. at the Overland West Expo.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Sorry, don't have picture yet.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Orange County, CA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 Double Cab

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Novice to overlanding

CCH185

Rank 0

Contributor I

This is about three years old, but features my favorite co-pilots.

I live in Grand Junction, Colorado which is a pretty awesome base for adventures. Close to Moab, the Uncompaghre Plateau, Grand Mesa and Ouray is just down the road.

Vehicle is a 2014 JKU Sport. It now has an AEV 2.5" Dualsport lift.

I have been doing vehicle based camping in Colorado and other western states for over twenty years, but haven't done any really long term overland travel. I'm going to classify myself as "intermediate." ;)

10ga

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Morristown, TN
Member #

Hey guys, I'll do an official intro since I finally got around to joining OB ( just joined tonight so don't have my number yet). I did a short intro on page 10 when I had my 1993 FZJ80 but since then I've owned a couple more Cruisers. I live in east Tennessee and bought my first Land Cruiser in 1993, since then I've owned several. My first was a 1983 FJ60, several 80 series, and 3 100 Series. My current build is a 1998 that started off stock in Nov 2016. In the last few months I've been really busy adding a OME lift from Cruiser Outfitters, 295/75R16 Nitto TG's, smittybilt x20 12k synthetic line winch, diff breathers, snorkel, LED light bar, cargo attic storage, ARB air compressor, and custom armor by Joe Bear Fabrication in Maryville, TN. Joe built my rear bar with dual swing outs, front bull bar, roof rack, sliders, and front fender rail guards. My 100 has a factory rear diff locker but will hopefully have a front ARB or TJM air locker soon and a dual battery system. I've attached a few pics of my current build and a pic of my last 80 and 100. I have a DC Tacoma for my DD but plan on leaving it stock. I'm looking for another Cruiser to build but will be keeping my current 100, I got a really good deal on it and I've noticed when I sell a 100, I start looking for another one within a month or 2 because I really enjoy the 100 platform. I belong to a great group in east TN called East Tennessee Overlanders. We do several rides during the year and also 2 or 3 training weekends each year.

Current rig: 1998 Land Cruiser

Last 100, 1999 and had 98,000 miles on it when I bought it. The list is too long but a few of the mods were triple locked, 4.88 gears, dual batteries, Warn winch, TJM rear bar, 42 gallon sub-tank, ARB fridge/freezer, ARB front bull bar, White Knuckle sliders, and the list goes on and on.
This pic was taken in western North Carolina at Mt. Mitchell about a year ago. This 100 now resides in North Dakota.

This was my 1993 FZJ80. I had to have this one towed home when I bought it. It was factory locked, OME lift, TRD wheels, 315 tires, ARB front bar and the rest of the armor was built by Joe Bear Fabrications. The guy I sold it to drove it from North Carolina to Moab about a month after I sold it. It only had 160,000 miles when I bought it but it had set for several years so I had to do a lot of baseline items including front axle service and several other items. I was glad to hear it made it to Moab and back with no problems except for a small fortune in fuel costs.

Nikko

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

Greetings Overlanders! Name is Nikko. I am super stoked to be a part of this growing community & can't wait to Outfit & Explore!
Rig: 2016 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 Off Road
Experience: Novice-ish. An avid camper but definitely want to start exploring with the new truck with fellow overlanders!IMG_4341.JPG

Yakcrin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

h7l3l5, laval canada
Member #

Hi, My Name is Sebastien, and proud member 2219 from Montreal Canada.
Just got my rig started so it's not impressive to share but hey! doesn't matter what you drive;-)
Anyway it's a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 Laredo with trail and tow package.
Hope to share some moments with you around Canada and USA.
My experience in overlanding is just "none" but i'ts growing by reading around these goods sites!

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Nikko

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hello everyone, (#5385) Just joined Sat. at the Overland West Expo.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Sorry, don't have picture yet.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Orange County, CA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 Double Cab

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Novice to overlanding
Welcome to the OB community!

Reactions: Nexus6

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hello everyone my name is Rob & my better half is Sharon OB# 5477. We have a 6 month old boxer puppy and a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition. We're living in Tempe Arizona and are new to Overlanding. We joined Overland Bound at the 2017 Overland Expo West.

Very cool setup! Welcome to the OB community!

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S

This is about three years old, but features my favorite co-pilots.

I live in Grand Junction, Colorado which is a pretty awesome base for adventures. Close to Moab, the Uncompaghre Plateau, Grand Mesa and Ouray is just down the road.

Vehicle is a 2014 JKU Sport. It now has an AEV 2.5" Dualsport lift.

I have been doing vehicle based camping in Colorado and other western states for over twenty years, but haven't done any really long term overland travel. I'm going to classify myself as "intermediate." ;)
Oh cool! Another JK owner. Welcome to the OB forums. I bought a 2015 JK Unlimited and have been very slowly outfitting it ever since. How do you find the AEV 2.5" Dualsport lift? I have not lifted my jeep yet but know that given all the extra weight of my internal mods and the long wheel base of the JK Unlimited, it has to be the next big mod.