Tovin
Last Name
Benson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7TOV
New-ish I am.

1) Photos attached
2) Location is kind of difficult for me. I claim residency in Utah but I am currently working in Montana. Previously I've been in Idaho, Arizona and Mexico. I'm currently hoping an opportunity works out for me in Colombia, Suriname or Argentina....fingers crossed.
3) 2006 Jeep Rubicon LJ, 4/5" Teraflex LCG, 35" BFG, FOX w/ CD adj; Towing an AT Chaser with an Autohome AirTop
4) I have a lot of overlanding experience. More than others, less than some. This is my fourth rig setup and I will never have it the way I think it should be.

Attachments

Heathen

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Layton, UT
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Peal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7LSF
Welcome to the OB community. I have geocached and off-roaded a bit in Utah while on vacation and absolutely love the state and the people. I am also a bit of a movie buff and have visited many of the movie sites, which are spread across the northern and western part of the state. I am so looking forward to visiting southern Utah one day. It looks like an overlanding and offroading paradise. Welcome once again!
Thanks! Hope to see you out here on the trails one day!

Reactions: 9Mike2

Traveler I

Hello All,

Name is Scott Coll and been around the Overland Community since 2008. Actually only been off-roading personally since 2006 when I started with a Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. Took my first big trip in 2007 from Memphis, TN to Moab and back. Then moved to Yuma,AZ in early 2008, but loved Moab so much I went again in 2008 and drove the White Rim Trail (seen in photo below). I now live in North Phoenix and have a 2007 4-dr Wrangler Sahara, as my Liberty has been gone since 2011. It is needing some work as it became disabled back in February this year when the RR Pinion gear went out and toasted the RR Axle, but been delayed due to a new house being built.
I work for Nissan Motor Company helping develop new models and find there weaknesses, so if I can help anyone out with a Nissan please let me know. I was fortunate back in Jan 2016 to drive a Titan XD Diesel to the Arctic Circle and further up to Coldfoot, AK, so that was an incredible journey! I also enjoy Mountain Biking, so if anyone does that, i'll probably see you on the trails up off Dove Valley Rd soon. Cheers to all!!

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 on White Rim Trail in June 2008

Jan 2016: Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4 on The Dalton HWY to the Arctic Circle and Coldfoot, AK.

August 2015: The aftermath of supporting the Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Mountain Bike Race, it rained and got pretty muddy along the route for the bikers and the support rigs. Also the last photo i have with my light bar installed, as it was stolen not long after this!

Chief Indy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Camby, Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi I just joined up I live in Indianapolis Indiana. I was browsing for someplace to take my Tacoma exploring other then an offroad park. I love some good long trails. The picture attached isn't mine but literally identical, it is a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road. I traded in my 13 2 door rubicon so I could actually take the family to the out of reach camp sites. I hope to share some little knowledge I have and collect some good info from you as well.

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2

Tasgeir

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ålgård, Norway
Member #

Hi my name is Asgeir, 32 years from Norway.
I drive a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and I am looking to get more into overlanding with that. The car only have the 2 front seats in it and the plan is to build it up so that I can live out of it.

Armonster24

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
1) Picture: Coming Soon.
2) Location: San Diego, CA
3) Rig: 1999 GMC Yukon 4x4 (non denali) which I just picked up at the beginning of this year. So far I have outfitted it with a 100w solar panel and battery.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, I grew up camping, got into off roading in high school, bought my first 4x4 in college but never really put the 2 together.

GeoGreg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley, CA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Lovell
Member #

Hello All, looking around to see what this is all about. I guess i could say ive already intro'd myself in a video a few days ago. since i cant link yet, here is a screen grab from facebook live from Overland Expo West.

videocapt.jpg

From SoCalif, own a Jeep GC and a Teardrop. Get out when I can.

away.jpg

Reactions: finlayforprez

Dave Pugh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Phoenix
Glad to be a part of the Overland community!

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Truck_norriz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento
Member #

Whats up OB! My name is Michael and I am from the Sacramento Area. Work takes me all over the place ( I am in electric and gas utility work ), so I've probably seen a lot of you guys driving around Northern California.

I am currently building a 2016 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Limited Edition in Blazing Blue Pearl. I am pretty new to Overlanding and 4wheeling but I'm getting my reps in! Excited to go on trips all summer and hopefully meet a lot of you soon!

Here she is!

Ron Le Fevre

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hesston, Kansas
First Name
Ron
Last Name
LeFevre
Member #

New Member for Kansas....I have offroaded for years but finally decided to join.
I have a 1997 Disco with 240,000 miles and my Wife's Disco has 188,000.
We also enjoy traveling with a 3 kids and our TO-Extreme High Country Trailer.

Attachments

Reactions: Sander Vanacker

Ecrub

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alta Loma, CA
Member #

Hi everyone. I just joined while I was at Overland Expo West. I am based in Orange County, CA. I drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road mostly stock at this time. Saw a lot of upgrades I want at Overland Expo. See a picture of it below in Monument Vally. I consider myself a novice but am eager to learn.

IMG_2495.JPG

TRD TAQUITO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Yuma, Arizona
Member #

Good morning everyone. New member here. OB#4333. I currently live in Yuma AZ. I've been driving in the desert and Sand dunes for most of my life. I recently decided to begin building my rig to go out and explore and share my experiences. The rig I decided to build is my 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Double Cab Short Bed (DCSB) 4X4. I understand that I have a lot to learn from building, preparing and recovery. But I am blessed and humbled to have a new family of supporters on the road and on the trails. Hope to meet a lot of you out there and if you ever need ANYTHING while in the South West area of AZ, let me know! -Jose (TRD Taquito) OB#433320170517_103525.jpg

Dzrtcrzr

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Henderson, NV
Member #

IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2296.JPG Hey everyone. name is Erik, just joined at expo west, I'm based out of Henderson, NV. Been off-roading for a few years now, I drive a 100series LX. I'm almost always up for a good trip when I can get one in. Hope to meet some of you in my travels.

KG6FUG

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Folsom, Ca.
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Folsom Ca.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Several years as crew member for Jeepers Jamboree on the rubicon, have buit 2 jeeps in past, several years with El Dorado County Search and Rescure OHV Team.

Reactions: finlayforprez

DonLVOS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Surprise, Arizona
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Don. Me and the family are based in Surprise, Arizona. I've been into the outdoors and for my entire life and have been using a variety of vehicles to explore all over the western United States for the past 20 years. Recently picked up my third Jeep, a '17 JKU. Looking forward to getting involved in what looks to be a great community.

-Don

Freedom Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waddell,AZ
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Don. Me and the family are based in Surprise, Arizona. I've been into the outdoors and for my entire life and have been using a variety of vehicles to explore all over the western United States for the past 20 years. Recently picked up my third Jeep, a '17 JKU. Looking forward to getting involved in what looks to be a great community.

-Don
Hi Don! You are right up the road from us.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk