Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

IMG_1115.JPG From Battle Mountain, Nevada. I have more vehicles and projects than anyone should have at any time. I've been camping and overlanding my entire life. Anyway my minimalist overlanding vehicle is my can am. I find using this more challenging to see how far I can go and for how long. Also only being able to travel certain roads makes the planning more intensive. I've ridden from my house to the Oregon and Idaho borders and even farther if I go south and camped out of it for upto a week at a time. I'm curious if anyone else uses a ohv for their expeditions.
I have several builds in the works and would be willing to share information on anything I can if anyone is interested.

Weekending365

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Galveston Island, Texas, USA
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Thanks. The rack I stole off Craigslist for $30. I don't know what brand it is, but it works great. Haha.

I have been searching for bumper options, as well. They are difficult to get and are ridiculously expensive. Metal Pasja (Polish if I remember correctly), WAM, Crawl Offroad, and of course, ARB. There is a way to do a "hidden winch" inside your bumper, and just cut in a fairlead.

Get on jeepforum. Insane amounts of knowledge there. Get a tune for your CRD, expensive but worth it. Orange gaskets on these are BAD.

Badger, what mods on your CRD?
I am totally taking notes and the Pasja gear is so mean.

blackers10

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cunnamulla Queensland, Australia
First Name
Brenden
Last Name
Blackford
1) Picture! IMG_3281.JPG
2) Location:- Narangba Queensland Australia
3) Rig:- 2016 Isuzu MU-X LS-T, 4x4, 3.0 turbo diesel, automatic. We have an Xrox bull bar and a phillips light bar fitted so far plus a 2" Old Man Emu suspension lift and Bridgestone 697 All Terrain Tyres. Many plans for the future but that all comes down to earning more money to feed the habit!
4) Overlanding Experience Background:- Pretty novice. plenty of friends to adventure with! The hardest part is finding the time!
5) Future mods:- Rock sliders(already bent the alloy side steps), roof platform/rack, snorkel, bigger tyres with matching wheels, fridge, tow bar, dual battery setup and a flash tune to improve performance as the Isuzu is super under tuned from the factory.

Jet_Pack_Jesus

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bremerton, WA
Member #

hey all my name is julio
im located in the great north west
i have a 91 fj80 and a 93 fzj80
i am new to overland but have years of mild to difficult 4x4 experience
waiting for a badge to ship I am a member as of today
IMG_20170426_180908885.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2

Overland918

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mannford, OK
Member #

Hello Everyone! My name is Chad and I live near Tulsa, Ok. My wife and I have a passion for the outdoors and camping, we are currently building our overland vehicle..
2106 Jeep Rubicon, pretty much bone stock right now but I have some things on order!
jeep.jpg

Razzia_88

Rank 0

Traveler I

GA, USA
Hi Everyone I'm new hear but I've been looking to get in to Overlanding for a while. I'll post pics of my rig later, but I just wanted to say hi!

Razzia_88

Rank 0

Traveler I

GA, USA
Hey Guys, I'm Mike
Rig: 2016 4Runner TRD Pro
Experience: Okay on 4 wheels. I've been on motorcycles most of my life and seem to understand two wheels better. I've been around rock crawling and off road racing for a long time as a spectator of my friends and their rigs.
Love the pics Mike! Where were you at?

matty patty

Rank 0

Traveler I

new guy here.
I'm Matt, I live in lake county IL and I'm just here to explore and have some fun!
my "Rig" is a 2015 Chevy Sonic hatchback with 5Speed 1.8L \m/
Best my Sonic and me have ever done is go down some old mountain trails in blue ridge. handled well all considered.

p.s I also have an ARB 2000 model mounted on it now. will try and get some updated pictures up in a week or two after my next trip.

Attachments

Freedom Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waddell,AZ
Member #

Sweet setup and those new pics show the details better. And you haven't seen signs of metal fatigue or stress fractures? Do you run fuel 24/7? Thanks again for more pics, I really appreciate it.
No metal fatigue or fracture whatsoever. I only run fuel when we are headed out. Then it goes in the tank. It has had fuel for over a week long trip so the added weight has been tested.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: 9Mike2 and britz

Kore996

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Barrie, ON
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Q
1. Barrie, ON, Canada
2. 2016 4Runner Trail Edition (no mods....yet) picked it up brand new 2 weeks ago
3. Novice

XL.Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phelan CA
First Name
Jarrod
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Zac checking here. Active on Tundra forums, but always looking to meet new people and get out more.
Experience: Moderate (novice when it comes to technical trails)
Rig: 2016 Tundra 4x4 double cab with a list of mods and counting
View attachment 23279
Looks good. What lift and tire size are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk