Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

lis-a-lux

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bucca QLD Australia
Member #

Hello everybody. This is my first post. I joined the forum couple of weeks ago and have been reading and learning a lot from all of you. A little about myself. My name is Miguel, just turned 45 years old from Puebla, Mexico and I am planning my first big overland trip from Mexico to Alaska next year.

Although I am fairly new to overlanding I have some experience in off road vehicles. I have been involved in 4X4s since I was 15 years old and there has been always a Jeep or 4x4 in the family. The rig I am currently in the process of building is a 2013 Ford F-150 Raptor. I know that there are probably better options out there but I just paid off this truck and economically for me it was just better to equip this one than to get another truck or car.

At my local shop we build and installed a custom overland bed and roof rack. I am still waiting on the roof top tent and bed cover to arrive to finish the install process of all the equipment. I am basically trying to build a dependable truck to get me from my hometown to Alaska and back trying to do mostly dirt roads. Haven´t decided on my final route but I will definitely do Baja on the way up and down and parts of the Continental Divide Trail. Mohab is also a fixed destination.

Will post more details on the truck on a separate thread.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

M
welcome and happy exploring.

Tundra16LTD

Rank I

Contributor III

Wilton, Maine
Member #

Hello all my name is Adam Welch and I am from Wilton, Maine. I drive a 2011 Ford Super Duty. It is equipped so far with a 12,000 lb winch, various recovery equipment, a Midland cb and a 50 watt Icom VHF(work radio).Round pond  camp site.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and britz

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

View attachment 23274 View attachment 23275 Hey everyone!

My name is Justin "NTXRubicon"
Currently in Prosper, TX
2015 Jeep JK Rubicon
AEV Dual Sport 4.5" lift
Mamba M14 wheels
35" Mickey Thomson Deegan 38 MT's
Smittybilt Atlas rear Bumper
Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper with winch

It's a start!
This is my second jeep to build I had a 2009 Rubi that was built for over landing as well
Learned a few things with that one now I have this 2015 that I will continue to build over the next year

Here is a picture of both

Glad to be here!
welcome from oz nice rigs

Reactions: ob_explore

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

I'm a newbie here. My name is Scott. I'm really looking forward to getting into this.
Rig: 2008, Toyota fj 2wd with locker
Experience: novice
I've done the bilstien 5100 to level it out and put 285 70 r17 Toyo open country at 2. Wanted to go a little more but garage clearance stopped that. LOL
welcome from oz

Reactions: Fireeball69

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hello Everyone
Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Rubicon
Experience : Moderate

I travel fulltime in an RV towing the Jeep. Summer and Fall I park the RV and use the Jeep and a 1959 Army trailer to explore and travel. I'm happy to be here and look forward to meeting you.

welcome from oz nice set up

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

So excited to be part of the group. I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2. I am always updating and outfitting. Getting ready to install a 2" lift this week. I live in Springfield Missouri. I have done some overlanding in the past before I know it was a thing. Looking forward to getting information from fellow overlanders.

View attachment 23284
welcome from a fellow Overlander from Missouri

Reactions: Aaron Matkowski

JPaul

Rank V

Pioneer I

Mendon, UT, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1JPA
Hi all, name is Paul (I like original usernames :tonguewink: ). I'm located in West Valley, Utah and drive a 2008 Hummer H3 that I've been slowly turning into a more capable rig (They're already pretty capable out of the box).

I haven't really done any overlanding yet, but I'm hoping to change that this summer with some short trips around Utah and maybe Idaho.

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Hi!

My name is Tobias and im from Norway, i drive a VW Amarok with some plans on the table. :)
Hope to meet some nice people in the future with this awesome hobby! :)

This is my car.
But the setup will be changed next week :)

See you out there!
View attachment 23326
We don't get the Amarok here in the US. Is it basically a Touareg with a pick up bed? Welcome aboard!

Reactions: lis-a-lux

Tobias.Olsson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Norway furnesvegen 309
Member #

We don't get the Amarok here in the US. Is it basically a Touareg with a pick up bed? Welcome aboard!
In US you do get more awesome cars then this. :)
The Amarok i do have its the smalles engine, but it was the only one to get when i bought it.
But now its produced with a V6 Automatic, than one i want! :D

Ill stick with this workhorse for a while.

Reactions: lis-a-lux

Weekending365

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Galveston Island, Texas, USA
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
New to this forum, hi everyone.
Waiting on a badge number.
Currently in Houston, TX
Two Rigs: 2007 Grand Cherokee CRD and 2011 JKU with a Ripp Kit
Overlanding Experience: Some, I was into it years ago (1995-2009) and got into motorbikes. 2 gnarly wrecks and multiple surgeries later, I am switching back to 4 wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2

Traveler I

US
New to this forum, hi everyone.
Waiting on a badge number.
Currently in Houston, TX
Two Rigs: 2007 Grand Cherokee CRD and 2011 JKU with a Ripp Kit
Overlanding Experience: Some, I was into years ago (1995-2009) and got into motorbikes. 2 gnarly wrecks and multiple surgeries later, I am switching back to 4 wheels.
Let's see those rigs, what mods for the CRD.

Weekending365

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Galveston Island, Texas, USA
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Let's see those rigs, what mods for the CRD.
You also have a wicked CRD too, what rack is on yours?
Small lift, running 33's. I am looking to replace the shocks with Koni FSD; I'll take any recommendations that you have. I'd like to get a front bumper with a winch mount and having trouble finding one.
I love the way the CRD rides. I'll take some pictures when I get back home and post them.

Traveler I

US
You also have a wicked CRD too, what rack is on yours?
Small lift, running 33's. I am looking to replace the shocks with Koni FSD; I'll take any recommendations that you have. I'd like to get a front bumper with a winch mount and having trouble finding one.
I love the way the CRD rides. I'll take some pictures when I get back home and post them.
Thanks. The rack I stole off Craigslist for $30. I don't know what brand it is, but it works great. Haha.

I have been searching for bumper options, as well. They are difficult to get and are ridiculously expensive. Metal Pasja (Polish if I remember correctly), WAM, Crawl Offroad, and of course, ARB. There is a way to do a "hidden winch" inside your bumper, and just cut in a fairlead.

Get on jeepforum. Insane amounts of knowledge there. Get a tune for your CRD, expensive but worth it. Orange gaskets on these are BAD.

thenorthace

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Turlock, CA
Member #

Hello Everyone!
Rig:2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport w/ 3.5" Rough Country lift, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. (hopefully lockers soon)
Experience : Novice to Intermediate.

Fairly new to overlanding but I do have over 6 years of experience as a motor transport operator in the United States Marine Corps. Just got my Jeep about a year ago and started upgrading it from a bare bones stock Jeep JK sport.

IMG_4456.JPG

jlmoped

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi Overlanders,

Rig: Still looking for one
Experience: the beginest (if there is such a word) of beginner

More about me: I took my Chevy Volt to the dealership for maintenance and saw a Jeep Wrangler on the lot, so I test drove it. It was a pleasant drive, not at all difficult or uncomfortable. Then the overland, 4x4, road trip, off-road, dirt trail bug started to grow in me. Somehow I convinced my wife we should try this. We are not outdoor people and can count the number of times we went camping with 1 finger, so I am sure this will be a quite an adventure and experience.