Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Evan Heisler
Central Minnesota (deep in lake cabin country)
Only recently discovered overland and got the bug bad! Currently shopping for a rig…

Hi everyone, glad to have found this community! I love camping and getting outside and much as possible but over the last few years life has gotten in the way of much adventuring. Recently my partner and I were able to clear some major hurdles and are excited to actually get out and explore again. I used to own a '96 Tacoma but that has been my only truck. We recently made the decision to sell my beloved Audi Avant and buy a proper truck that can do the duty of a tow vehicle and adventure rig. Looking forward to learning and gaining inspiration from y'all.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: northwood

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Name is Casey.
Live in the greater Phoenix area.
I'm married with three kids and love getting our family out to new places.
Started offroading a little over four years ago in a '96 FZJ80. Unfortunately the 80 had to leave.
We currently get out and explore in our '08 Land Rover LR3.
Started watching OB and Lifestyle-overland several years ago. Love the content.
Have been a gear head my whole life and love the outdoors and off road scene.
I'm new to forums and don't spend a lot of time logged in outside of work. Will try to be present and contribute as much as possible.
Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.View attachment 107752

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I’m Brian i am a new owner of a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m a novice to off-roading and overlanding. I’m in the northern part of Utah and I’ve been going up every Sunday to the Uinta’s exploring. If anyone in the area ever wants to meet up for any fun trips I’m totally in! Thanks all! View attachment 107750

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.

I’ve been an avid camper and fisherman all my life. Before kids, I was really in to rock crawling. Now that my girls are getting older, I want to introduce them to the outdoor life and enjoy family time with them. I have a few local (Los Angeles) friends that are Overlanders.

My current rig is a 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab. Only mods so far are N-Fab side steps and a soon to arrive Diamondback HD cover.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is Tim. I live in Peoria AZ, and I just bought a 2011 Nissan Xterra last month so the wife and I can get out in nature more and escape to cooler weather! My off-road experience is pretty extensive, I have been building hard core rock crawlers and off-road race cars for 15 years. I have raced all over the mid West, western states and down into mexico. Professional mud trucks, Jeeps, Trophy trucks, Ultra4 cars in all classes. I have drove, codrove, put crew, crew chief for all levels of teams. Looking to slow down and bring the wife along to enjoy the scenery of all the things the world has to offer. Started to gather lift parts and will be building bumpers this winter, but I have almost completed my communications and navigation. Look forward to getting out there and meeting some of you.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all my name is Seth and I live in Brownsburg, IN. I drive a 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 DW edition. I'm a home daily semi truck driver and I am looking to start overlanding. I got interested in overlanding when I came across expedition overland's youtube channel.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, newbie from Texas. I love outdoors and have given my wife the overland bug. SView attachment 107705View attachment 107706View attachment 107707he has been shopping like crazy for new equipment and booking trips left and right. I started out building my overland rig as a mid travel "pre runner" back in high school. When I graduated and started college reality set in and i wanted to build something more versatile. I took my 99 ram daily driver and began building bumpers, roof racks and outfitting it for general overloading using guidelines from online forums like this. As she sits today 99 ram 1500 2wd laramie, 4.56 gears,5" front lift using spindles and springs, rear 2" lift using factory blocks from 4wd, bilstein 5100 series shocks, dual batteries, 17 gallon fresh water tank, 285 75 16 tires, 3/4 ton brakes front and rear, limited slip diff, roof rack, bed rack, front and rear bumpers, and lighting systems. Soon I would like to add new rear suspension, additional lights, solar panel setup, winch, larger rtt, and a fridge/freezer. I look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I've done a lot of backpacking, camping/car camping but new to overlanding. Just got my truck about 2 months ago and took it on a fly fishing trip to Bishop recently. Looking forward to learning from everyone and meeting cool people.

Vehicle: 2019 Tacoma Offroad
Skill: Noob

View attachment 107701

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Two of your Member Representatives are @Barclay and @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All. New member here in NC, moved down from MA a couple years ago. Lived in CA for a few years and use to drive the forest roads a lot and looking to get back into here in the southeast. Look forward to meeting up and hitting some trails. I have a 2017 Silverado. View attachment 107688

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 107671

This is a little out of date, done a few mods since this photo.
KMS Roof Rack, Poison Spyder Fenders and various other things. Have some clean up to do before I am willing to take pictures with the new mods.

Rig:
A 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 Door.

Overlanding Experience:
Recreationally I would say I am a newbie to Overlanding. I have done very similar things in my professional life for over 15 years. My driving experience is mostly in full size vehicles or military vehicles. This is my first Jeep.
Experience in navigation (both digital and paper), first line trauma response and general mechanics is very high.

Will need to improve on how to plan for recreational trips to US destinations.

My work schedule is fairly unique as I spend most of the year out of the United States. Feel free to reach out to me and if I am stateside in the greater Austin area I would be happy to help or support this community in any way that I can.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

• Love
Reactions: James V

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Gary. I live in Tennessee, and I’ve been doing easy off roading for a while. Now that I’m retired I plan to do more. My vehicle is a 2016 Jeep JKU. I look forward to being part of this community.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Novice overlander here. I've done atv trail riding and mudding my whole life here in Arkansas, but I just got my first jeep (2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk) and am much more interested in overlanding and camping over finding the deepest mud holes and biggest rocks to climb with this rig. I'm starting from scratch and it's going to be a slow build for me but I'm really looking forward to it.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well Intro i guess. Hi Im Sean. Retired Navy (100%) Dis. Currently a Corrections Officer.
Live in Port Orchard WA.

SCAR(let) is her name. Once i get my rig ready I will be doing some trips and video stuff to include talking about PTSD and how to get out of the house and live your life. Im still trying to come up with a good channel name. Like : CrazyNavy-Vet Overlanding or something. Idk. Maybe some one will inspire me.

Starting out with a new to me Jeep.
2009 Unlimited X. 3.5lift/ 35s/ done some stuff but WAY more to come.
Thinking of the next following because SCAR needs new legs and knees.

Teraflex HD 44.
Just as strong as a Dana 60.
4.88’s,
ARB lockers,
35 spline chrome molly axle shafts, Adams extreme duty drive shafts with 1350 yoke.

Teraflex 3” Outback Overland lift with Falcon 3.3 adjustable reservoir shocks.

Finish it off with HD steering package,
ball joints and
Delta Big Break System.

CrazyNavy-Vet. ✌

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New forum member #19025.
Rig: 2003 Ford F250 Superduty 4X4 7.3L
Plans: Retiring and want to get completely away from people from time to time with the wife. As I get closer to retirement, I envision my first trip being down to Baja and camping on the beach for a couple of weeks, imitating a "Corona Beer" commercial and sitting on the beach with a bucket of beer, watching the waves coming and going. After that, who knows where we'll go. Building an off-road trailer as the F250 is my daily driver and don't wish to carry an RTT, MaxTrax boards, etc. with me daily. I realize its a large vehicle, but don't wish to get into rock crawling or Rubicon Trail stuff. Mainly lighter 4WD stuff. So far I've been a lurker in the forums, carefully gathering information. Have enjoyed reading about the rigs, the adventures, and the expertise many on the forums possess. Hope to tap into that expertise as retirement gets closer. Thanks...

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Your Regional Director is @Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. I drive a 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I've done a bit of work on it. More on that later. I'm glad to be here.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum but have been offroading for a while.
Have three vehicles:
2019 Tacoma Off RoadView attachment 107547
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon but you couldnt tell it was ever a rubicon - Ill add later
2017 F250 4x4 - I'll add later

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Experience: Intermediate

View attachment 107534

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. The name is Dustin aka Pyrotaco / FFF / Whitey / KK6KND

1) Rig pic:View attachment 107523
2) Location: The concrete jungle of Fullerton, CA
3) Rig: 2013 Tacoma Reg Cab with a locked rear diff/3in lift/30.5 tires.
4) Overlanding experience: grew up around it and have been a part of it all my life. Granted things have slowed dramatically as life has taken hold. Run comms (2m, 1.25m, 70cm, cb, and more) and assist with blm cleanups where I can.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All - new member from WNC,

Bought a membership at Overland Expo East two years ago and just recently got a rig to start building up. I purchased a 1998 LX470 locally. I rolled to odometer over to 270K last weekend. It needs a fair amount of work so it will be a slow build. It's got some leaks. Body roll is pretty bad. I fixed the suspension (AHC) last weekend. Needs new tires, etc, etc, etc. Like I said, it will take awhile. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the Upstate SC/WNC area soon.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Old fart with young dreams. Been dabbling for years, mostly in Maine, but aching to make the pilgrimage out west.
Vehicle(s): 1994 Land Cruiser, lifted and built for overlanding; Conqueror UEV 490 to take the edge off...
View attachment 107501

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.