Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Novice overlander here. I've done atv trail riding and mudding my whole life here in Arkansas, but I just got my first jeep (2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk) and am much more interested in overlanding and camping over finding the deepest mud holes and biggest rocks to climb with this rig. I'm starting from scratch and it's going to be a slow build for me but I'm really looking forward to it.
Welcome from NC!

Reactions: KCargile

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Well Intro i guess. Hi Im Sean. Retired Navy (100%) Dis. Currently a Corrections Officer.
Live in Port Orchard WA.

SCAR(let) is her name. Once i get my rig ready I will be doing some trips and video stuff to include talking about PTSD and how to get out of the house and live your life. Im still trying to come up with a good channel name. Like : CrazyNavy-Vet Overlanding or something. Idk. Maybe some one will inspire me.

Starting out with a new to me Jeep.
2009 Unlimited X. 3.5lift/ 35s/ done some stuff but WAY more to come.
Thinking of the next following because SCAR needs new legs and knees.

Teraflex HD 44.
Just as strong as a Dana 60.
4.88’s,
ARB lockers,
35 spline chrome molly axle shafts, Adams extreme duty drive shafts with 1350 yoke.

Teraflex 3” Outback Overland lift with Falcon 3.3 adjustable reservoir shocks.

Finish it off with HD steering package,
ball joints and
Delta Big Break System.

CrazyNavy-Vet. [emoji111]
Welcome from across the Sound (Whidbey)! Love the Jeep. Make sure to check out the local region's forums (NorthWest) for events and meetups. Also might want to check out the Rally Point system. If you need anything or want to hit a trail, hit me up at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers! Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

DTran333

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

OC/LA
First Name
daminh
Last Name
tran
Member #

Hey everyone! I've done a lot of backpacking, camping/car camping but new to overlanding. Just got my truck about 2 months ago and took it on a fly fishing trip to Bishop recently. Looking forward to learning from everyone and meeting cool people.

Vehicle: 2019 Tacoma Offroad
Skill: Noob

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Well Intro i guess. Hi Im Sean. Retired Navy (100%) Dis. Currently a Corrections Officer.
Live in Port Orchard WA.

SCAR(let) is her name. Once i get my rig ready I will be doing some trips and video stuff to include talking about PTSD and how to get out of the house and live your life. Im still trying to come up with a good channel name. Like : CrazyNavy-Vet Overlanding or something. Idk. Maybe some one will inspire me.

Starting out with a new to me Jeep.
2009 Unlimited X. 3.5lift/ 35s/ done some stuff but WAY more to come.
Thinking of the next following because SCAR needs new legs and knees.

Teraflex HD 44.
Just as strong as a Dana 60.
4.88’s,
ARB lockers,
35 spline chrome molly axle shafts, Adams extreme duty drive shafts with 1350 yoke.

Teraflex 3” Outback Overland lift with Falcon 3.3 adjustable reservoir shocks.

Finish it off with HD steering package,
ball joints and
Delta Big Break System.

CrazyNavy-Vet. [emoji111]
Welcome from across the Sound (Whidbey)! Love the Jeep. Make sure to check out the local region's forums (NorthWest) for events and meetups. Also might want to check out the Rally Point system. If you need anything or want to hit a trail, hit me up at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers! Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Good morning Welcome Forum

For starters my name is Nick and I drive an 2016 Toyota 4Runner.

I don’t have much experience overlanding but I’m excited to learn about overlanding and hopefully learn about some hidden trails out here in West Texas (Odessa/Midland).

I do some amateur photography work with Guns, Rigs, and Gear. If you’re into stuff like that I do have an Instagram page it’s @lord_ _hotdog.

Super excited to be apart of the Overland Bound community!
View attachment 104513
Welcome!! Love the rig. Let me know if your ever up for a Hill Country run!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello, new member from Nevada City, California.

I'd say I am somewhere in the middle of noob and expert in overlanding. I have done quite a bit of vehicle based camping throughout my life and want to do more and more the older I get. I spend alot of time looking at maps and youtube to get ideas of great places to go. That's where I ran accross Overland Bound and after watching countless videos decided I should probably suck it up and become a member.

I drive a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser. Nearly bone stock with the exception of 285/75/65 BFG KO2's, Cruisin Off Road Rock Sliders , and SPC Heavy Duty Lower Links. Picture is before the sliders.

-Noah
Welcome!

Jim

TBox0194

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Moody
Hi all, newbie from Texas. I love outdoors and have given my wife the overland bug. S107705107706107707he has been shopping like crazy for new equipment and booking trips left and right. I started out building my overland rig as a mid travel "pre runner" back in high school. When I graduated and started college reality set in and i wanted to build something more versatile. I took my 99 ram daily driver and began building bumpers, roof racks and outfitting it for general overloading using guidelines from online forums like this. As she sits today 99 ram 1500 2wd laramie, 4.56 gears,5" front lift using spindles and springs, rear 2" lift using factory blocks from 4wd, bilstein 5100 series shocks, dual batteries, 17 gallon fresh water tank, 285 75 16 tires, 3/4 ton brakes front and rear, limited slip diff, roof rack, bed rack, front and rear bumpers, and lighting systems. Soon I would like to add new rear suspension, additional lights, solar panel setup, winch, larger rtt, and a fridge/freezer. I look forward to seeing everyone out there.

The_Driver

Rank II

Contributor III

Lebanon, IN, USA
First Name
Sethren
Last Name
Vanderhoff
Member #

Hi all my name is Seth and I live in Brownsburg, IN. I drive a 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 DW edition. I'm a home daily semi truck driver and I am looking to start overlanding. I got interested in overlanding when I came across expedition overland's youtube channel.

Attachments

Hardcore Daily

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Adkins
Member #

Hello! My name is Tim. I live in Peoria AZ, and I just bought a 2011 Nissan Xterra last month so the wife and I can get out in nature more and escape to cooler weather! My off-road experience is pretty extensive, I have been building hard core rock crawlers and off-road race cars for 15 years. I have raced all over the mid West, western states and down into mexico. Professional mud trucks, Jeeps, Trophy trucks, Ultra4 cars in all classes. I have drove, codrove, put crew, crew chief for all levels of teams. Looking to slow down and bring the wife along to enjoy the scenery of all the things the world has to offer. Started to gather lift parts and will be building bumpers this winter, but I have almost completed my communications and navigation. Look forward to getting out there and meeting some of you.

Attachments

MDain

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone.

I’ve been an avid camper and fisherman all my life. Before kids, I was really in to rock crawling. Now that my girls are getting older, I want to introduce them to the outdoor life and enjoy family time with them. I have a few local (Los Angeles) friends that are Overlanders.

My current rig is a 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab. Only mods so far are N-Fab side steps and a soon to arrive Diamondback HD cover.

Fjcruisen

Rank I

Contributor III

Farmington, UT, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Merrill
Hey everyone!

I’m Brian i am a new owner of a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m a novice to off-roading and overlanding. I’m in the northern part of Utah and I’ve been going up every Sunday to the Uinta’s exploring. If anyone in the area ever wants to meet up for any fun trips I’m totally in! Thanks all! 58395255481__870CB001-A6E9-4623-B94B-A3366A3BEF6D.JPG

Fjcruisen

Rank I

Contributor III

Farmington, UT, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Merrill
Hello everyone.

I’ve been an avid camper and fisherman all my life. Before kids, I was really in to rock crawling. Now that my girls are getting older, I want to introduce them to the outdoor life and enjoy family time with them. I have a few local (Los Angeles) friends that are Overlanders.

My current rig is a 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab. Only mods so far are N-Fab side steps and a soon to arrive Diamondback HD cover.
Welcome MDain! It’s awesome that your getting your kids into exploring the outdoors. My dad was an avid camper when we were younger it was the best times of my childhood.

CaseyM

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Minton
Member #

Hello all, Name is Casey.
Live in the greater Phoenix area.
I'm married with three kids and love getting our family out to new places.
Started offroading a little over four years ago in a '96 FZJ80. Unfortunately the 80 had to leave.
We currently get out and explore in our '08 Land Rover LR3.
Started watching OB and Lifestyle-overland several years ago. Love the content.
Have been a gear head my whole life and love the outdoors and off road scene.
I'm new to forums and don't spend a lot of time logged in outside of work. Will try to be present and contribute as much as possible.
Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.IMG_20190128_183332_566.jpg

northwood

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Crosslake, MN, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Heisler
Member #

Evan Heisler
Central Minnesota (deep in lake cabin country)
Only recently discovered overland and got the bug bad! Currently shopping for a rig…

Hi everyone, glad to have found this community! I love camping and getting outside and much as possible but over the last few years life has gotten in the way of much adventuring. Recently my partner and I were able to clear some major hurdles and are excited to actually get out and explore again. I used to own a '96 Tacoma but that has been my only truck. We recently made the decision to sell my beloved Audi Avant and buy a proper truck that can do the duty of a tow vehicle and adventure rig. Looking forward to learning and gaining inspiration from y'all.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Started offroading a little over four years ago in a '96 FZJ80. Unfortunately the 80 had to leave.
I'm new to forums and don't spend a lot of time logged in outside of work. Will try to be present and contribute as much as possible.
Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.View attachment 107752
Welcome! Love the LR3! How to make that my next rig (when my P38 runs out). Make sure to make sure to check out your local region's forums for events and meetups. Might also want to check out the Rally Point system. Way to go for getting the Fam outside! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman
NW Member Rep

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Evan Heisler
Only recently discovered overland and got the bug bad! Currently shopping for a rig…

Hi everyone, glad to have found this community! I love camping and getting outside and much as possible but over the last few years life has gotten in the way of much adventuring. Recently my partner and I were able to clear some major hurdles and are excited to actually get out and explore again. I used to own a '96 Tacoma but that has been my only truck. We recently made the decision to sell my beloved Audi Avant and buy a proper truck that can do the duty of a tow vehicle and adventure rig. Looking forward to learning and gaining inspiration from y'all.
Welcome to the team from NC.

Reactions: northwood

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Evan Heisler

Welcome! Good luck with finding a rig! If you're in the market for a new truck, the Gladiator is looking pretty awesome!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: northwood

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.View attachment 107752
Welcome from NC. Your rig looks great, is that original paint job?

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey everyone!

I’m Brian i am a new owner of a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m a novice to off-roading and overlanding. I’m in the northern part of Utah and I’ve been going up every Sunday to the Uinta’s exploring. If anyone in the area ever wants to meet up for any fun trips I’m totally in! Thanks all! View attachment 107750
Welcome from NC!

Reactions: Fjcruisen