Rank III

Enthusiast I

Waco, Texas, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Hickman
Member #

Hello Joseph (@firecraft13), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are monthly meetings in Round Rock and a new monthly meeting in DFW. Neither is all that close to you but hopefully close enough given the overall size of Texas. :tonguewink:
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thank you for the welcome and the information. I will try my best to find time to make it to one of the two meetings as soon as I can. Until then, I will continue to use this great resource for putting my parts list together.

Joe Schrater

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Battle Ground, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Schrater
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community! My name is Joe and I just joined OB.

I live near Battle Ground, WA.
My Tacoma got totalled so my most recent trip was in a 2007 Honda Odyssey but it was successful and it's all I got!
I have some experience in the outdoors but nothing too impressive.

Happy to be here!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI

My Tacoma got totalled so my most recent trip was in a 2007 Honda Odyssey but it was successful and it's all I got!

Happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe (@Joe Schrater) from up north. I'm actually headed down your way tomorrow for work (Vancouver, WA). Sorry to hear that your Taco was crunchy... (too soon?)
Where did you take your Odyssey to? The Gifford Pinchot National Forest, right in your back yard, is a beautiful area to explore and the forest roads are not too bad. There is actually someone up near me that has an Odyssey they use for Overlanding (not a member) and it is actually pretty capable.

The best way to get to know other members in the area, I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forum [link] and say hello. You can also look into a joining your fellow Overland Bound members for an outing. To find out what is going on in the area, check out the Rally Point System [link].

I look forward to meeting you in person some day. Until then if you need something, feel free to send me a message via the forums @Jedi.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hi all, newbie from Texas. I love outdoors and have given my wife the overland bug. SView attachment 107705View attachment 107706View attachment 107707he has been shopping like crazy for new equipment and booking trips left and right. I started out building my overland rig as a mid travel "pre runner" back in high school. When I graduated and started college reality set in and i wanted to build something more versatile. I took my 99 ram daily driver and began building bumpers, roof racks and outfitting it for general overloading using guidelines from online forums like this. As she sits today 99 ram 1500 2wd laramie, 4.56 gears,5" front lift using spindles and springs, rear 2" lift using factory blocks from 4wd, bilstein 5100 series shocks, dual batteries, 17 gallon fresh water tank, 285 75 16 tires, 3/4 ton brakes front and rear, limited slip diff, roof rack, bed rack, front and rear bumpers, and lighting systems. Soon I would like to add new rear suspension, additional lights, solar panel setup, winch, larger rtt, and a fridge/freezer. I look forward to seeing everyone out there.
Welcome from Austin...It's a awesome growing group here near the Hill Country!

Joe Schrater

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Battle Ground, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Schrater
Member #

Thank you for the reply and info, Jedi! The GP forest is in my backyard and where my family and I spend most of our free time! I was blessed to get to work in the MSH area for many years I love recreating there.

My trip I did was a round trip from home to Tahkalak Lake which is near Mt. Adams and then back around through Pine Creek area, all on FS roads. No need for 4WD.

I will check out the other forums you listed.. Thanks!

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hey everyone!

I’m Brian i am a new owner of a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m a novice to off-roading and overlanding. I’m in the northern part of Utah and I’ve been going up every Sunday to the Uinta’s exploring. If anyone in the area ever wants to meet up for any fun trips I’m totally in! Thanks all! View attachment 107750
Nice FJ! Welcome.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hello all, Name is Casey.
Live in the greater Phoenix area.
I'm married with three kids and love getting our family out to new places.
Started offroading a little over four years ago in a '96 FZJ80. Unfortunately the 80 had to leave.
We currently get out and explore in our '08 Land Rover LR3.
Started watching OB and Lifestyle-overland several years ago. Love the content.
Have been a gear head my whole life and love the outdoors and off road scene.
I'm new to forums and don't spend a lot of time logged in outside of work. Will try to be present and contribute as much as possible.
Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.View attachment 107752
Great Rover!! Welcome.

Reactions: cujof16

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi all, so glad I found this site. I'm new as well, so here is my introduction.

1) Picture: I'm blowin' it already.... sorry will post a photo of our rig and update as we build out
2) Location: San Jose, California
3) Rig: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with soon to add Smittybilt scout trailer
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice.

My husband and I love the outdoors, we love to explore and we have been sedentary for too long. So we made an pact to get out and get overlanding. We have yet to take our "official" overland trim, as we have spent the past few months discussing the "how". We have decided on purchasing a smittybilt scout trailer and having it customized with a few add on features/functions. This was after a long discussion which ranged from "do we need to buy a Toyota Tacoma? Should we invest in a Ford Transit Van conversion? What about the Jeep Trailhawk we already have, can she handle all the gear? .... Well be finally came to the decision to go Smittybilt. You'll see my future posts will be hoping to get your input and insights on the build. I so look forward to meeting other members on the road. It may take us a few months to get going, every journey begins with a little planning, or at least in my head it does. Cheers all...
Welcome from NC.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi everyone. My name is Theo and just started to get into overloading, something I've wanted to do for some time now. Recently pulled the trigger and been building up a 2019 JLUR, spending a lot of time getting out there in New England this summer. Rig is fairly stock in terms of drivetrain and engine. The wife and I love camping, so setting up the truck for that has been the priority. Looking forward to meeting other members - we're currently in Watertown MA, just outside of Boston.
Welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi, Bryan N Darla here. we travel about in our 25 foot class C pulling a 16 foot trailer with a couple of BMW GS models, a Kawasaki 250 and follow that in a 2018 Tacoma Off-road. Our dog Rudder always is with us. Current location, Tucson!View attachment 107859
Welcome from NC, looks like y'all are already set up for travel and exploration!

Reactions: cujof16

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Happy to be here!
Welcome! I've done many a trip in a minivan with my family. If you need anything, feel free to PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

MDain

Rank 0

Contributor I

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay
Hi Kent,

Thank you for the welcome! I grew up in your neck of the woods. I spent a lot of time in the mountains between Placerville and Tahoe. The trails offer everything from smooth fire roads to “uh, I don’t think this is a good idea.”

I’ve been reading lots of posts and getting ideas for places to go, both near and far. This site is a great resource. Thank you for the work you and the other mods do to keep it that way.

echo8408

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Derrick
Last Name
Eaton
Member #

Hi all. I cant believe I have been dabbling in Overlanding for a few years and have just now found this group.

I'm Derrick and live in San Antonio Texas. I am running a 2015 JKU Rubicon and a home built trailer running my original rubi tires on it for added clearance.

Even though I have been camping my whole life and overlanding for a few years, (Like once a year, lol) I would still put myself in the beginner stages of it all.

I look forward to connecting with more people in the area as well as across the country.
Overland rig.JPG

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Hello.
I am a Romanian living in Belgium at the moment, and below you have a pic of my rig, a 2009 Landcruiser J120 Prado, what is known in the US as a Lexus GX 470. It is a 3L diesel , automatic.
First pic is in the Romania, on some mountain trails. Second is in Portugal, I did an off-road tour of Portugal, about 1200 kmm off road.
155873-1ed39bf63c4314565c65e0cd186c44f3.jpg1IMG-20190415-WA0009.jpg2
In Europe Prado's are very popular, I think in the US is a very underestimated vehicle.
It is pretty much stock ( I want to keep it reliable, since I will plan trips in some pretty remote places and I travel mostly alone, meaning with my family ( wife and 12 year old kid ) but no other vehicles that could assist.
More details in a post I will make about my build.
So far I did an off road tour of the Pyrenees mountains, from Mediterana to Atlantic, following the mountain trails , and Portugal, plus many short trips in Belgium and France.
In 2 days I am leaving for 1 month trip to North Macedonia and Albania, next year will be either Georgia or Morocco, I haven't decided yet.
If you need any kind of assistance in Belgium ( it is a very small country ) or around in Netherlands or France don't hesitate to contact me.

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

My name is Eric.
Live on the border of NY and PA near Binghamton.
Been a member for a little bit trying to plan projects and trips. Also looking for nearby members.
Finally talked the wife into pulling the trigger on a 4runner pro. We picked it up last week. No mods yet. Picture of her father's farm. Just trying to get the tires dirty.
Welcome to OB and the East Region from Syracuse!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi everyone. My name is Theo and just started to get into overloading, something I've wanted to do for some time now. Recently pulled the trigger and been building up a 2019 JLUR, spending a lot of time getting out there in New England this summer. Rig is fairly stock in terms of drivetrain and engine. The wife and I love camping, so setting up the truck for that has been the priority. Looking forward to meeting other members - we're currently in Watertown MA, just outside of Boston.
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me. There are a lot of active members in New England... here are a few. @Team Harrington @CampWithChin @Edgar Laurie @tobyjefe

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi all. I cant believe I have been dabbling in Overlanding for a few years and have just now found this group.

I'm Derrick and live in San Antonio Texas. I am running a 2015 JKU Rubicon and a home built trailer running my original rubi tires on it for added clearance.

Even though I have been camping my whole life and overlanding for a few years, (Like once a year, lol) I would still put myself in the beginner stages of it all.

I look forward to connecting with more people in the area as well as across the country.
View attachment 107903
Great setup! If you make it to the East Region look me up!

Reactions: echo8408

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Derrick (@echo8408) , welcome from Oklahoma. I am originally from Texas and have deep roots down between San Antonio and Austin. I want to get down that way in the near future.
Nice looking setup you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meeting up in Round Rock. Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.