Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

I am going to do a meet-up in Southern Oregon in May of next year around the time of BoatNick, you will get an invite through the forum. But until then if you are ever north or south check out other meet-ups.
I'm up for that! Please let me know when you are coming. Boatnick is a great time.

Patf223

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Calera, AL, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Pat Fry

Rig: 2008 Ford f250 rigged out with Yakima overhaul hd rack and free spirit tent. Dometic fridge, working on getting solar panels next. Also working on a Toyota fj40.
Been offroading all my life but still kind of a novice overlander.

Attachments

Mikemac

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Myrtle Creek, OR 97457, USA
First Name
MikeAndJennie
Last Name
MacEachern
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Hi, all! Name is Mike, and my family and I are at Fort Wainwright, AK. I'm driving a 2016 V-8 F-150 XLT. Definitely a newbie - my wife and I went to REI last fall for a RTT class and decided we definitely wanted to pull the trigger. Found a Tepui Ayer 2 at the winter garage sale and picked it up. The pic is the truck at Stage 2 (as far as I've gotten so far). Last weekend my son and I put on a Thule TracRac SR and the tent. Have to remount the tent, though - side opening won't work with the extension on the rack, have to turn it to open to the back.

Looking forward to continuing to read the forums, and maybe meeting up with some members here in interior AK!
IMG_20190505_191538_01.jpg

Enthusiast I

Arkansas
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Swartzwelder
Hello everyone, My name is Bill Swartzwelder, I am from Conway AR. Sold my JK last year and bought a Subaru Outback. It doesn't have the ground clearance I was used to, but it is capable enough to go where I need to go. Mostly gravel and some logging roads in our local national forests. I also use it for camping trips in Colorado.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 97867

2) Location: Texas

3) 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

4) Overlanding Experience Background: 1 year experience
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm a newbie to this sight and offroading, here to learn all I can. Live in east TN.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Tony Kang (#17087) from San Diego, California. I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 4WD.
My truck is currently stock. I have a bucket of mods on order such as IVD Stage 2 Package, Nitto Ridge Grapplers in
285/70/18, Leitner ACS with some accessories. I'm a novice and looking forward to meet with some of you and learn
more about overlanding.
View attachment 97828

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Z71KANG.SD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, My name is Bill Swartzwelder, I am from Conway AR. Sold my JK last year and bought a Subaru Outback. It doesn't have the ground clearance I was used to, but it is capable enough to go where I need to go. Mostly gravel and some logging roads in our local national forests. I also use it for camping trips in Colorado.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Bill Swartzwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, all! Name is Mike, and my family and I are at Fort Wainwright, AK. I'm driving a 2016 V-8 F-150 XLT. Definitely a newbie - my wife and I went to REI last fall for a RTT class and decided we definitely wanted to pull the trigger. Found a Tepui Ayer 2 at the winter garage sale and picked it up. The pic is the truck at Stage 2 (as far as I've gotten so far). Last weekend my son and I put on a Thule TracRac SR and the tent. Have to remount the tent, though - side opening won't work with the extension on the rack, have to turn it to open to the back.

Looking forward to continuing to read the forums, and maybe meeting up with some members here in interior AK!
View attachment 97908

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pat Fry

Rig: 2008 Ford f250 rigged out with Yakima overhaul hd rack and free spirit tent. Dometic fridge, working on getting solar panels next. Also working on a Toyota fj40.
Been offroading all my life but still kind of a novice overlander.
Cant wait to see pictures of the 40!
Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm up for that! Please let me know when you are coming. Boatnick is a great time.
Unfortunately we wont make Boatnick this year due to other Overland Bound events but we are planing on coming up in late July. I will put a Rally Point out and message the area to set up a meet-up.

Reactions: Richard Lewis

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hello from the Netherlands

below is my 2005 discovery 3 /LR3, I have owned it about 10 months after owning several other Land Rovers. love getting out with the wife and daughter for some overland travel and camping with the land rover, the little one loves sleeping on the roof.

I enjoy making the upgrades and maintaining the vehicle by myself as well as testing it out. View attachment 97650
Welcome MarkD, hope we can meet in Europe sometime :) Enjoy OB (y)

Reactions: Bob Dunlop