Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All!

I'm new to overlanding, got a Freelander 2 a few years ago and got a roof tent last year, instantly realised this is what we wanted to do with our lives, travel with our dogs in our landy.

Based in the centre of the UK we've so far only done a few weekends away and then the NC500 route in Scotland and it's been a learning curve, but hope to make it onto the continent next year!
Day job I'm a web developer, but I also volunteer 24/7 for Mountain Rescue, as well as getting involved in local flood response - having the 4x4 has helped out a lot on shouts.

Want to thank @Mike W for his recent post on a D4 conversion which has brought me to the forum. Hoping to become a member later, just trying to justify the $33 shipping to the wife

Look forward to getting to know you all as time goes on!

Dan

View attachment 248287
Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi All!

I'm new to overlanding, got a Freelander 2 a few years ago and got a roof tent last year, instantly realised this is what we wanted to do with our lives, travel with our dogs in our landy.

Based in the centre of the UK we've so far only done a few weekends away and then the NC500 route in Scotland and it's been a learning curve, but hope to make it onto the continent next year!
Day job I'm a web developer, but I also volunteer 24/7 for Mountain Rescue, as well as getting involved in local flood response - having the 4x4 has helped out a lot on shouts.

Want to thank @Mike W for his recent post on a D4 conversion which has brought me to the forum. Hoping to become a member later, just trying to justify the $33 shipping to the wife

Dan

View attachment 248287

Welcome to Overland Bound, Dan

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Hi All!

Dan

View attachment 248287
That is a great looking Freelander. Welcome to the community!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All!

Dan

View attachment 248287
Greetings Dan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone! Happy to be apart of the community.

Location- Canton,GA
Vehicle- 07 FJ Cruiser

Pretty new to overlanding but looking forward to learning more about it and more about the FJ.
Greetings Micah, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Location- Canton,GA
Vehicle- 07 FJ Cruiser

Pretty new to overlanding but looking forward to learning more about it and more about the FJ.
Hi Micah and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All!

Dan

View attachment 248287
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Location- Canton,GA
Vehicle- 07 FJ Cruiser

Welcome To Overland Bound
A great local resource is Member Representative @k9sar
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

Dan

View attachment 248287
Welcome To Overland Bound
A great local resource is our West Europe Director @Polaris Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi, my name is Oliver. I am from Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany and my vehicle is a Jeep Liberty KJ with several modifications. I grew up with camping, have experience in outdoor, trekking and canoeing and some experience off-road. My plan is to get my little KJ ready for overland trips in Europe and I like to find people to connect.

Greetings
Oliver
Hello Oliver. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern California.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi folks, I'm Joe and have great hopes of learning new stuff. My first 4 wheel vehicle was a 1958 CJ-5 with a blown engine. My Dad's mechanic helped me put a rebuilt 283 back in the days when there were no adapter kits. I grew up in Central Florida before Disney moved in. I've had 9 CJ 5's over the years, 74 FJ 40 that eventually had 350 transplanted along with a 400 Turbo Hydro and a really short rear drive shaft. A 49 CJ2A with a 360 AMC and several other flat fenders with different set up. #1 son built a 65 CJ 5 with a 350 that would whip the pants off 5.0 mustangs up to 70 where it ran out of gears. I believe I had the first 1970 Blazer in Phoenix and it pulled me and a horse trailer up on the Rim almost weekly when I was in town. That became a 72 long bed K 20 with a camper until I got moved to NC in 73 and no fourby until I got my 74 FJ that I took to Turkey. Only got stuck once there and it took 2 Turkish tractors and bunch of kids to get me out. Came back to MD (not by choice) and it took me 33 years to escape that place. We did take a 3 year vacation in Homer, AK and I flew for Cook Inlet Aviation and we had a matched pair of diesel F250's in 4 wd. We came back with a kid...other than fishing , hunting and flying not much else to do. The economy was awful so we went back to MD and I retired in 2000 and did military/intel consulting for the US Gov't and various contractors. I moved to Sandpoint, ID in 2010, wife retired in 2013. I can't afford Toyota's anymore as a poor retired guy so I have a 2008 Frontier Super Cab 6' bed and there is a 2010 Xterra around here somewhere. Oh...there is a 1958 (first year) Forward Control 150 in the hanger waiting to be buffed up and a little work done. I've ridden motorcycles since I was 14 and I'm down to 6 or 7, Harley, 1250 Bandit, DRZ 400, Honda NC750 DCT, TW 200, 74 CT 90 we rebuilt Honda ATV and a 21 700 Pioneer. Wife died 2 month's ago after 40 years of partner and friendship and lots of great adventures in all 50 states and 28 countries. Other than the above it's been a pretty dull life and I'm looking for adventure...got any to spare???
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe.
Thanks for sharing your story.
My condolences to you for loss.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone, I'm Ray. I've been doing the off road thing since I got my Wrangler in 2016. Did a lot of off road parks and recently found out about overlanding and am exploring it.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - Attached

2) Located in Edgewood, MD (Harford County)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.
I was in the service with a Ray Drummond back in the 70s.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
G.Granier (66)
Marrero, LA on the Westbank of Mississippi from New Orleans
In the Marines I was in motor transport in South California and drove out road a lot. In 2005 owned a Jeep Wrangler and mud is in this area.  i’m getting old, so I moved to a more comfortable vehicle.
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy