Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

I am looking for somewhere that I can set up my rooftop tent and enjoy a sunrise or sunset around the MD or DE area. I am sure this is a tough one to come by but is there any camping locations that are as close to the water as possible or even on the beach? This will be for one night, Saturday into Sunday with another buddy and his ride. Looking for some ideas, leads, or suggestions

Last edited:

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Assateague Island. camp site needs to be reserved
A friend recommended that to me. It looks like something I would do for myself and the fiance for an extended period of time, but my buddy and I both have an event we are going to that Sunday morning and Assateague is actually further than my house than my house for this event.

I just found a state park but don't know too much about it, Elk Neck State Park. Has anybody stayed here?

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

never heard of it. we stayed a night in green ridge state forest. $10 a night for primative camping. which I'm assuming too far out of the way for you.

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

never heard of it. we stayed a night in green ridge state forest. $10 a night for primative camping. which I'm assuming too far out of the way for you.
Haven't heard of anything in that area.

And yeah that is a big overshot, coming from Jersey to go to an event in Cecil County, MD right on the border of DE and PA

varano14

Rank 0

Traveler I

A friend recommended that to me. It looks like something I would do for myself and the fiance for an extended period of time, but my buddy and I both have an event we are going to that Sunday morning and Assateague is actually further than my house than my house for this event.

I just found a state park but don't know too much about it, Elk Neck State Park. Has anybody stayed here?

Fiancé and I took our RTT there for its first trip last spring. We snagged a spot right on the water. We only stayed for one night as it was an impromptu trip but I would recommend it if your looking to be near the water.

Mike56

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Maryland
Member #

Elk Neck is a nice location. You have a number of camp sites. Also near the town of Notheast (you pass through going to the park) is Elk Neck Forest. Closed to camping right now I believe but has a shooting range, bow range,dirt roads for running, hiking or biking and a woods hiking trails

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Is there any on beach camping in MD, DE, NJ, North VA? We'd really like to OSV some beach and camp with our girls once the weather warms up.

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper