Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Keep me and site updated I’ll come visit . Got the beach pass to national seashore so I mostly drive from western mass out there
Do you day trip the the Race or stay over? I used to go there frequently but the last time I had a Seashore permit was 2008. Lately I've been doing Sandy Neck beach because I can day trip easier (2 hours less driving). My good friend still does the Seashore and he's hounding me to get a sticker this year so I may.

Traveler I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Lynn
Last Name
Brueshaber
Been trying to figure out a place in MA to actually go camping... Anyone have any good spots? i feel like im researching all wrong here lol. in Cape Cod, you can't over land there unless its an RV or the like. You can't overland with your vehicle and tent there, its not allowed.

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Been trying to figure out a place in MA to actually go camping... Anyone have any good spots? i feel like im researching all wrong here lol. in Cape Cod, you can't over land there unless its an RV or the like. You can't overland with your vehicle and tent there, its not allowed.
If you're referring to beach camping on Cape Cod that is correct. Honestly unless you know somebody with private land to camp on your restricted to campgrounds in most of New England. I think you need to head up to the North Maine Woods to actually "overland".

M

Markpaul1

Honestly to cAmp, I still think going to hermit island or other places is Maine or new hampsire is where to camp . Or there is a place near point Judith In ri, used to go to . Also, we’ve talked about it lol let’s all try to meet up

M

Markpaul1

Lastly , I have stayed at the surf side inn in ptow. But I’ve also slept out overnight with my rig and fished all night ... I was planning on going tomorrow to Sunday but weather looks bad

Attachments

Reactions: Ed1774

Tremor

Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

Northborough for me, trying to build our my F150 while still keeping it reasonable for everyday use in Massachusetts. I wish we had more land around here.

JVroom

Rank I

Contributor III

Carver, MA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Vroom
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
JVroom
I think a meetup of some Mass folks is a great idea. I've been in contact with Ramman and suggested a get together at Freetown Forest. We could run some of legal fire roads then hang out at the picnic area after. If anyone is interested sound off and lets pick a date.

Also, is anyone going to Overland Expo East? I''ll be heading down and the idea of running with a convoy seems pretty cool.
I'm interested in both of these things. Was interested in Overland Expo East for a couple years now.
Have you guys headed to Freetown yet I have been meaning to go check that out

Tremor

Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

Yup, from Central MA, I have to go out of state to find anything good. Maybe I don't know where to look in Massachusetts.

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
I'm heading to EXPO East from Dartmouth, MA on the Thursday night after my grandson gets done with football practice. Coming home on Monday. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: BLeBlanc

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
I live near Freetown State Forest. No true "adventure" riding in there. All roads are easily accessed by a car.....except after a big rain or in the winter...

GoByler

Rank II

Contributor III

Boylston, MA, USA
First Name
Rhiannon
Last Name
Byler
Member #

Yeah it’s hard to find stuff in state. We just “discovered” nauset beach OSV program. Different, but so fun. Don’t ever want to do the beach the “normal” way again!

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
From north central MA, near the old Fort Devens!!! Nothing really in this state-we usually head to VT in the Green mountains. Stock '21 TRD sport, which I am absolutely in love with. Have done some camping over the summer out of it, still working on my ideal setup. No desire for a rooftop tent, we use a Gazelle 3T tent, which is fantastic!