Massachusetts Sound Off!

• HTML tutorial

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

I’m originally from south shore of Massachusetts. Lived there most of my life. I moved to New Hampshire about 5 years ago and I’m surrounded by trails.

Reactions: KWDavis

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

Any place you might recommend for a day trip out of Boston? I'm itching to get the tires dirty...
I’m not sure if any towns close them for snowmobile season but if there’s snow I stay off them. I’m trying to build better relationships with all the different groups of motorized recreation so we can work together to advance our hobbies up here. There isn’t much left and landowners are actively trying to close all the class six roads that border their property.

Viperseatlotus

Rank III

Contributor III

Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Member #

Haven't sounded off yet but over on the North Shore.

Pretty darn stock 16 Colorado LT.
1.25" spacer in front and removed air dam.
Got the spacer so I could run something a little more aggressive when I replace the stock tires later this year.

My philosophy when it comes to automotive modification is replace parts with something better. I think the next big thing on my list is truck cap/topper. Camping with the family is stretching the 5 foot bed with a tonneau to its limits.

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

Haven't sounded off yet but over on the North Shore.

Pretty darn stock 16 Colorado LT.
1.25" spacer in front and removed air dam.
Got the spacer so I could run something a little more aggressive when I replace the stock tires later this year.

My philosophy when it comes to automotive modification is replace parts with something better. I think the next big thing on my list is truck cap/topper. Camping with the family is stretching the 5 foot bed with a tonneau to its limits.
Where at on the North Shore. I'm looking to move to Lynn.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

When I say that, please realize I say it in jest, not thatvim one to talk. I mean it can be a tough town. Tightly packed population, industrial in a number of areas, right on the water, tight parking...not offering as much to an overlander as other choices, is all. Other parts are very nice, like out near 129/rt 1.

M

Markpaul1

Hello I am in Springfied ma, if anyone would want to do some trails or know of any I’d be interested to meet up. I know of a couple in Hanpden and wilbraham. Email me or start conversation

M

Markpaul1

Hello from Springfield ma . If anyone wants to get together or possibly plan a off road trip I am interested. I drive Tacoma and not looking to do any serious rock climbing but I do no pipeline trail close to where I live

Reactions: R Martin

R Martin

Rank I

Contributor I

7 Stephens Street, Chicopee, Massachusetts 01022, United States
First Name
Raekwon
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hello from Springfield ma . If anyone wants to get together or possibly plan a off road trip I am interested. I drive Tacoma and not looking to do any serious rock climbing but I do no pipeline trail close to where I live
Man I am down for it when I get back. I've been trying to do wheeling or some what of trails since I've got up here.

Bodhisattva05X

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western MA
Member #

I live over the river. I’m always down to beat the hell out of my truck on some of the local trails. What are you running.

M

Markpaul1

Well I’m mostly into camping , and not into beating up my truck . With that being said I know couple of pipeline trails where I plan to just do some overnight camping when it gets warm . Always think it’s always pertinent to go with someone when taking trails . I do not have a winch but do have a high lift . I have been building my tacoma up since Toyota gave me a frame last year in July . I am a novice inexperienced driver and new to taking a vehicle that is my dayly driver off road . Not in the pic but I ordered new rci sliders and front steel skid by rci here is a pic

Attachments

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

I'm down to go too. Live in Boston currently and always looking to do some trails. Where have you gone so far?

M

Markpaul1

Might look to do some trips to race point and do some fishing when it warms up, could be cool to get little group together for that , or maybe white mts. This year def would like to check our Acadia National park as well along w hermit Island campground

Reactions: JVroom

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Mt Washington Auto Road is a fun drive with a view or famous bad weather. I recommend autumn time for that for the colors.

Been to the Cape on many a vacation but never to Race Point. I second the motion for Acadis. Been to Bar Harbor but not the mountains there.

Another Mass guy put up his (more detailed) leg of the Trans Mass, I think

Reactions: Markpaul1