Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I have organized a few very large gatherings and group rides here in TX and am not adverse to doing the same after the move ;)

not real sure where yet. It will depend on whichever school district my wife can find a job with. I work remotely so my job doesn't matter. We are hoping to be in the Methuen area. Also considering Amesbury. But open to wherever she gets a job.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I have organized a few very large gatherings and group rides here in TX and am not adverse to doing the same after the move ;)
not real sure where yet. It will depend on whichever school district my wife can find a job with. I work remotely so my job doesn't matter. We are hoping to be in the Methuen area. Also considering Amesbury. But open to wherever she gets a job.
Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting you! I am in southeast Worcester county.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey Steve from Wareham Ma noticed your thread , giving you a shout ! Noticed your OB number 0001 man it's cool to know the very 1st member lives rite here in my home state!
Hi Steve! Nice to meet you and welcome to OB! Yes, I am honored to be the first member (after Mike and Corrie of course who are #0000). Hope to keep in touch!

Reactions: Paramedic-Steve-911

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

Hey guys. I noticed the thread. I'm Chris from RI. Would love to meet up. I have 2 rigs. A slightly lifted GMC open difs and a Subaru Outback.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi Chris! Welcome to OB and the thread. Great seeing another Subaru in New England, as my sister-in-law (@Butler419) just got a Crosstrek and plans to build it up a bit for Overlanding. I am in MA on the RI border.

Reactions: RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

Thanks (@finlayforprez) I'm excited to now own a Subaru. I knew what I wanted about 3 years ago. This summer I pulled the trigger and they built this one for exactly the way I wanted it. I also like the Crosstrek. A little small for my family and dogs.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Yeah we need a New England get together. Once @cjones arrives maybe we can plan it?
HAHA I like it. But who says we have to wait for me to arrive? I say we start planning something now and if I can't make it so be it. I've planned trips I knew I couldn't attend before.

Feeler question. How many would be interested in a Fall gathering somewhere in New England?
Follow up question. Are people interested in an overnight camping trip or just a daytime meetup picnicy type thing?

Edit: Actually I am going to start a dif thread for this for better visibility.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

HAHA I like it. But who says we have to wait for me to arrive? I say we start planning something now and if I can't make it so be it. I've planned trips I knew I couldn't attend before.
Feeler question. How many would be interested in a Fall gathering somewhere in New England?
Follow up question. Are people interested in an overnight camping trip or just a daytime meetup picnicy type thing?
Edit: Actually I am going to start a dif thread for this for better visibility.
Very true! I agree, let's start planning something for sure.

I would be very interesting in a Fall gathering somewhere in New England. We could discuss location/time later, but that sounds like a great idea. I'd also bring along my sister-in-law (@Butler419) and brother as well.

I am open to potentially an overnight or day trip, we can discuss further. I'll look for your new thread..........

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

Reactions: Butler419

Tyler Limoges

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just wanted to say hello! Looking to get into overlanding, from Western MA. I drive a 2015 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.
From my experience there aren't too many public or "legal" places to drive and camp. Can anyone chime in on that? Also has anyone camped up by Tannery Falls in Savoy, MA, I have hiked there a bit but never camped out of my truck.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Just wanted to say hello! Looking to get into overlanding, from Western MA. I drive a 2015 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.
From my experience there aren't too many public or "legal" places to drive and camp. Can anyone chime in on that? Also has anyone camped up by Tannery Falls in Savoy, MA, I have hiked there a bit but never camped out of my truck.
Welcome, Tyler! I recently moved to MA and it has been a struggle to find off-roading trails, as they are very limited. A lot of the trails are actually on private land and only accessible via specific 4x4 clubs (a lot are Jeeps, but all sorts around). I know there are a couple trails out in the Western part of the state (I think there is an Old Florida Trail or something) and then a lot of folks head up to NH/VT/ME to some of those different un-maintained state roads (which can be a challenge). I know of a trail in Worcester County, but it's kind of a hidden gem and tough to get to, but it is legal.

apw3007

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Saint Albans, Vermont
Member #

So sorry for coming into this so late! But I saw the MA topic head. I'm right outside of Foxboro, and wanted to know where you all do your trips up here?? I go up to VT routinely for the guard and know there's plenty of stuff up there, but haven't seen anything here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

So sorry for coming into this so late! But I saw the MA topic head. I'm right outside of Foxboro, and wanted to know where you all do your trips up here?? I go up to VT routinely for the guard and know there's plenty of stuff up there, but haven't seen anything here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome! MA is tough, as there are very very few public trails, with most being out in the western part of the state. I know of a couple places, but it's tucked away and seasonal. I think NH and VT are where folks go!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

As @finlayforprez eluded, we are planning on starting the eastern MA monthly meetup in March. A lot of folks are not listed on the member map. If you did not get a private message you either are not on the map or are too far away. Take a minute and go over to the New England Monthly Meetups thread in the meetups forum for more details and for a map of the area the eastern mass meetup will target. If you are located on that map and want to join let me know so I can get you on the private discussion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app

Jake McBride

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hartford, CT, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McBride
Member #

As @finlayforprez eluded, we are planning on starting the eastern MA monthly meetup in March. A lot of folks are not listed on the member map. If you did not get a private message you either are not on the map or are too far away. Take a minute and go over to the New England Monthly Meetups thread in the meetups forum for more details and for a map of the area the eastern mass meetup will target. If you are located on that map and want to join let me know so I can get you on the private discussion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app
please put me in the private discussion. I am interested. :)

Sent from my SM-G925P using OB Talk mobile app