Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

La Place checking in. I just had to cancel a trip to the Smoky Mountains and then on up into the Allegheny National forest (my hometown). I do have some goodies on the way to upgrade the 4Runner, so I'll be busy for the next month or so. Once I get that stuff bolted on I'll be itching to take it for some relativity light trail running to get a feel for it.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Only trips I've taken this year was to help with clean up after the Nashville area Tornadoes. That was in February.

This past Friday morning, I left early to haul some of daughter and SIL's furniture to Overland Park, KS. We spent the night in Bentonville Ark., then drove into Overland Park Saturday morning. After unloading my enclosed trailer, I spent the night at their place and drove back Sunday. That, was a long drive. It took me 14 hours to make it home. Driving that long is rough on a 67 year old body. :smiley:

The trips weren't an outing, but I did get some windshield time.

Reactions: grubworm

IrieVibes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Baton Rouge, LA
First Name
Dre
Last Name
Jaxx
Member #

That sounds great. We cancelled our early August Colorado trip. Trying to reschedule for September but it’s not looking good at this point.[/QUOTE]

We usually go twice a year, a summer trip and a winter trip for Xmas/New Year. For the past 3 years.

IrieVibes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Baton Rouge, LA
First Name
Dre
Last Name
Jaxx
Member #

Anyone considering Rendezvous in the Ozarks in October? If it’d be safe to do so. We procrastinated last year and waited too late to get tickets. So we just drove up to the Ozark-St. Francis NF, camped at Cove Lake for a few days, and drove some forest roads.

Patassa

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Guillory
Member #

Checking in, in Baton Rouge. Just paid for a membership here. 2002 Toyota LC, recently added front and rear lockers, mostly into solo travel with wife, kid, and dog for camping and the occasional camping trip with the buddies. Recently explored North Georgia for a week, what an amazing playground. I'd go back up there in a heartbeat. In a couple of weeks me and a couple buddies are going to explore near Broken Bow, OK, according to Gaia there are lots of forest service roads that it looks like we can go check out, camp, and hopefully do some fly fishing.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Checking in, in Baton Rouge. Just paid for a membership here. 2002 Toyota LC, recently added front and rear lockers, mostly into solo travel with wife, kid, and dog for camping and the occasional camping trip with the buddies. Recently explored North Georgia for a week, what an amazing playground. I'd go back up there in a heartbeat. In a couple of weeks me and a couple buddies are going to explore near Broken Bow, OK, according to Gaia there are lots of forest service roads that it looks like we can go check out, camp, and hopefully do some fly fishing.
very cool. we're in thibodaux and the wife and i hit georgia a good bit...did nearly 2 weeks in january around the helen area staying at vogel state park. we also go to arkansas a lot and have various areas we like, mainly around jasper.

we've looked at the broken bow area, post after you go and let us know what you think.

Patassa

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Guillory
Member #

very cool. we're in thibodaux and the wife and i hit georgia a good bit...did nearly 2 weeks in january around the helen area staying at vogel state park. we also go to arkansas a lot and have various areas we like, mainly around jasper.

we've looked at the broken bow area, post after you go and let us know what you think.
For sure, I'll try to post my route with some waypoints marked if we find some good stuff. My buddy lives in Shreveport so it's a thursday after work drive to Shreveport, sleep, then get to OK early friday morning - sunday kinda trip. Have you guys found anything decent in LA? There isn't much on my Gaia map other than Kisatchie which I haven't checked out yet.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Patassa,
Welcome aboard. I'm in Prairieville.
Not too many trails in La.. My son has ridden some in Forest Hill, La. and also in the southern Ms. hills.

We enjoy visiting the north Georgia area, but have not done any trails there. I've considered Broken Bow, but nothing ever evolved. Dealing with a new place at the moment and trying to build a shop is getting in the way of travel plans.

I did have plans to spend a couple weeks in southwest Texas at Big Bend NP last April, although were halted by the Chin-Flu situation. If things straiten out, I may try again next Spring.

Enjoy your trip to OK.

Reactions: Leeaekdb

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Have you guys found anything decent in LA?
i take the boat out in the swamps a lot and that is fun, but as far as camping, thats a huge NO and pretty much everything in the state is private property. my oldest is going to LATech is ruston and he and his buddies went camping around alexandria and that area and they said it was pretty bad, so he generally goes to arkansas like us

Reactions: Patassa

Bradley beyer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Welcome, geismer here. Unfortunately not a whole lot of trails here, got Sicily Island, but mostly Texas has trails just need your OHV stickers. Need to check out LACruisers a lot of land cruisers guy they might be able to help out more for local trails. Also check out Toyota jamboree every year