Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

nothing planned yet specifically - I've been down before but didn't make it very far due to working in the 1000 at the time. All the way to Cabo is fine - my wife and kid can fly back from there to make it back for School if needed.

monark192

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Not sure if we will make it all the way to Cabo as I need to avoid long driving days to keep my wife happy. Haven't put too much thought into it yet but beach camping is top of the list. First thoughts are San Felipe, Bahia de Los Angeles and then building on that.

Reactions: Stickman and gvb40

gvb40

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Anselmo Ca
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Vonbuchau
Not sure if we will make it all the way to Cabo as I need to avoid long driving days to keep my wife happy. Haven't put too much thought into it yet but beach camping is top of the list. First thoughts are San Felipe, Bahia de Los Angeles and then building on that.
I could be in for that..As far as Bahia de Los Angeles. Early Jan 2020

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Yup, got a crew hitting it for a few weeks in 2021.... ‍♂
Don't miss out on the hot springs....

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would skip San Felipe and head to Las Encantadas, Alfonsina's, Punta Final, area. BdLA is cool, check out Bahia de Los Animas to Punta San Francisquito or El Barril. Come out Via El Arco to Hwy 1. Easy dirt roads less people.
That time of year can get very windy, If it does think about the Pacific coast.

Skip the Coast from San Jose de la Piedra to Punta Blanco unless you like moon dust.
Punta Cono south to Santa Rosalillita are very pretty there will be surfers that time of year.

Another Loop: Bahia Tortugas/Malarrimo, Bahia Asuncion, La Bocana, Campo Rene.

Last trip North of La Paz as far as San Evaristo. that coast is very pretty and unused.

I will not be going but if anybody would like some more Beta PM me.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We are interested. Safety in numbers.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

We are interested. Safety in numbers.
I would say the bigger the target the more shots at it. I have had police run across the road, u-turn to pull me over. I can not imagine what they would do with a couple of RTT's driving down the road. Safety is knowing how things work and keeping a lowish profile.

Reactions: DBG and Road

monark192

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

It looks like we will be leaving Dec 27th and returning to San Diego Jan 5th. Probably stop first night in San Felipe, then head south to visit Punta Final area, Bahia de Los Angeles / Bahia de los Animas, and Mission San Francisco de Borja. Last night might be at Guadalupe Canyon Oasis as it is relatively close to the Tecate border crossing.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

That looks like a good trip. The Mission is fun, ask to see the roof.

BAJAJULIO

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

32.0546665,-116.8793335
Member #

CHEERS to ALL. If Planning on doing BAJA........ALL OB members are welcome to camp at my place free. Me not there but watchman always there. Private compound 500 meters from beach and cool TOP GUN type bar "La Cantina" at La Salina. check my place out on Fb : RED BUS RANCH at Km 73 toll road. Safe site...free..easy access. etc.

monark192

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

If anyone is interested in tagging along or just meeting up somewhere along our route for a cold beverage on a Baja beach, let me know. It would be great to meet some fellow OB members.