• HTML tutorial

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

LoneStar Toyota Jamboree

Any Texas or surrounding area members planning on or interested in attending this event?

I met the owner / organizer this morning on my way to work (saw a sweet Tacoma pulling out of a driveway on my street and thought he was potentially a new neighbor, so I went over to shoot the bull and talk Toyotas and praise him on his beautiful truck - turned out he was there on a service call, and then gave me his card etc.)

Anyway, I thought it might be a fun place to get together with any other Overland Bound members from the Lone Star state that might also be going...

Has anyone attended this one in the past?

Reactions: CoolMax

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'm going for sure. This will be my 3rd Jambo.
They put on a great event! There is always something going on, either on the trails or at the main pavilion. The vendors are awesome, as well as the organizers.
I've pretty much spent my time on the trails once I get there to when I leave. There are a couple of family friendly camps with earlier quiet hours for when you take the kids.
If you haven't been to Barnwell mountain yet and want to get a lay of the land (along with some wheeling), I'm meeting some fellow wheelers out there on Feb 4th if anyone wants to join us.
Some are staying at the TTR camp, I'll be at the ArkLaTex camp.

Reactions: pixelsailor

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

LoneStar Toyota Jamboree

Any Texas or surrounding area members planning on or interested in attending this event?

I met the owner / organizer this morning on my way to work (saw a sweet Tacoma pulling out of a driveway on my street and thought he was potentially a new neighbor, so I went over to shoot the bull and talk Toyotas and praise him on his beautiful truck - turned out he was there on a service call, and then gave me his card etc.)

Anyway, I thought it might be a fun place to get together with any other Overland Bound members from the Lone Star state that might also be going...

Has anyone attended this one in the past?
Was it the fella from TRDParts4U? John, I think his name is.
They announced that they are tweaking the sign up process. Usually by now you can register.

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I'm going for sure. This will be my 3rd Jambo.
They put on a great event! There is always something going on, either on the trails or at the main pavilion. The vendors are awesome, as well as the organizers.
I've pretty much spent my time on the trails once I get there to when I leave. There are a couple of family friendly camps with earlier quiet hours for when you take the kids.
If you haven't been to Barnwell mountain yet and want to get a lay of the land (along with some wheeling), I'm meeting some fellow wheelers out there on Feb 4th if anyone wants to join us.
Some are staying at the TTR camp, I'll be at the ArkLaTex camp.
Dang, I am going to be in Japan until the 9th of February other wise I would certainly shoot on over and join you guys...

I just signed up with the TMTC and it is only a couple hours from Frisco, so I may head on out with my son (17) and get us both acquainted with the area.

Thanks for the info!

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Was it the fella from TRDParts4U? John, I think his name is.
They announced that they are tweaking the sign up process. Usually by now you can register.
It was Matt... I want to say Matt Peterson? I left his card at home - I will check it when I get back from the office tonight.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Dang, I am going to be in Japan until the 9th of February other wise I would certainly shoot on over and join you guys...

I just signed up with the TMTC and it is only a couple hours from Frisco, so I may head on out with my son (17) and get us both acquainted with the area.

Thanks for the info!
There are some folks going this weekend also, I just can't make it. Look up Outsiders Offroad if you are on facebook.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

It was Matt... I want to say Matt Peterson? I left his card at home - I will check it when I get back from the office tonight.
Ohh, ok. I know the name, but I don't think I've met him. Or spent any time talking with him. I've seen him at Jambo, though.

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I just registered as well... My son and I are planning on going and we will be there Thursday as well...

First time = not quite sure where to camp etc... I have a bunch of other friends that I am trying to get to come as well, so we will see if they actually pull the trigger and join us.

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

Pretty sure I'll be bringing my 5-yo son. Hopefully 3 nights isn't too long for him. My wife and 2-yo daughter might make the trip too. We'll see. Neither one of them has ever been camping with me. Might need to do a short overnight with everyone together to see how it goes first... From what I know they have a couple sites that are designated as "family friendly" meaning that quiet hours are enforced (10 and 12, depending on the site). If I don't end up with some Tacoma World guys, I'll likely end up in one of the family sites. I'm not sure what's what though so when I registered I put down undecided.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I was out wheeling on Saturday when they opened up registration. I'm #26 this year.
For those of you taking kids, there are 2 campsites that have quiet times earlier than the rest of the camp sites. Old Camp is one of them, I forget the other one. They are listed on the jambo website, however.
One of the better campsites is Rover Camp (AKA Camp Nowhere) if you get there early enough. What's cool about that park is you can even set up camp out in the middle of nowhere if you want.
TTR camp and ArkLaTex camp pretty much fill up fast, as they are local clubs that attend each year.
I'm pretty excited to be heading back this year :)

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

So I whipped this video out yesterday. These are on some of the trails at Barnwell Mountain, where Jambo is held.
My rig isn't in any of these, since I was taking the videos.

Here's one a friend made. I'm in the beginning and at around 9:09

Reactions: jrbechthold

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I am trying to talk a couple of girlfriends into coming as well - one has a new Taco, and the other a TRD Pro... Can't wait! I would love to head out there prior to get a feel for the place - if you have an open weekend and would like to go, let me know!

Reactions: TXpedition

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

I'd love to check it out but at 6.5 hours it's not exactly good for a quick weekend. I'm gonna have to wait to be surprised.

I tried to introduce my wife to Hidden Falls this past weekend and at the last minute she decided that with an empty house it was the perfect time to get laundry done [emoji14]

Reactions: TXpedition