Lonestar Toyota Jamboree - May 4th - 7th

• HTML tutorial

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I'd love to check it out but at 6.5 hours it's not exactly good for a quick weekend. I'm gonna have to wait to be surprised.

I tried to introduce my wife to Hidden Falls this past weekend and at the last minute she decided that with an empty house it was the perfect time to get laundry done [emoji14]
Sounds like something my wife would do... "oh no, you go have fun"... LOL.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I am trying to talk a couple of girlfriends into coming as well - one has a new Taco, and the other a TRD Pro... Can't wait! I would love to head out there prior to get a feel for the place - if you have an open weekend and would like to go, let me know!
Man, I'm ready to go back yesterday.
The only problem is that my father in law is going in for back surgery tomorrow. It will be at least 4-6 weeks before I can get out of the house for a weekend trip. I can't leave my wife to take care of him and my mother in law all by herself.
If you don't go before then, then heck yeah, we'll make a weekend of it!

Reactions: jrbechthold

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Man, I'm ready to go back yesterday.
The only problem is that my father in law is going in for back surgery tomorrow. It will be at least 4-6 weeks before I can get out of the house for a weekend trip. I can't leave my wife to take care of him and my mother in law all by herself.
If you don't go before then, then heck yeah, we'll make a weekend of it!
Sorry to hear about your Father in Law... back surgery can't be fun...

I will be doing a lot to my 4Runner in March to get ready for Jamboree... let me know come April if you need a break and I will definitely head out there!

Reactions: TXpedition

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'll let you know for sure.
He's going under the knife in a few hours.
In the meantime I'll get some projects done on my FJ too.

sent from a phone I found on the trail.

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I'll let you know for sure.
He's going under the knife in a few hours.
In the meantime I'll get some projects done on my FJ too.

sent from a phone I found on the trail.
If you need a second pair of hands for anything, let me know - I love wrenching (even though I am a novice - I like learning) and Arlington is a short drive...

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

If you need a second pair of hands for anything, let me know - I love wrenching (even though I am a novice - I like learning) and Arlington is a short drive...
Thanks! I'm mechanically challenged myself. I was mainly thinking of cleaning it out, cleaning & lubing up the hi-lift, and finally a good soaking underneath to get the dirt and mud off the bottom.
That reminds me though, I do need to head to Trailworx to finish getting the rear bumper fitted properly.

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Thanks! I'm mechanically challenged myself. I was mainly thinking of cleaning it out, cleaning & lubing up the hi-lift, and finally a good soaking underneath to get the dirt and mud off the bottom.
That reminds me though, I do need to head to Trailworx to finish getting the rear bumper fitted properly.
Trailworx... is that a local 4x4 shop? I am looking at a place to help with a Toytec Boss lift and suspension upgrade... after all the exhaustive reading on the various forums, I think that is the one that makes the most sense for me right now... and I would love to get it done before Jambo...

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I was considering the Baertrax place in Dallas...
I would consider Tandem Automotive in Ft. Worth for the Toytec, that's who I used. They get it installed and dial in an alignment like nobody's business.
They specialize in Toyota's and in Toyota Offroad vehicles.
www.tandemauto.com

Trailworx will install it for you too, Dave is great! He specializes in custom bumpers. I think he started with FJ's and has branched out to other rigs. He in an excellent fabricator!
He installed my rear links, my snorkel, built my spare gas mount and my rear bumper.
He's located in Midlothian now. www.trailworxfab.com

Tell them Willy sent you, lol

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I would consider Tandem Automotive in Ft. Worth for the Toytec, that's who I used. They get it installed and dial in an alignment like nobody's business.
They specialize in Toyota's and in Toyota Offroad vehicles.
www.tandemauto.com

Trailworx will install it for you too, Dave is great! He specializes in custom bumpers. I think he started with FJ's and has branched out to other rigs. He in an excellent fabricator!
He installed my rear links, my snorkel, built my spare gas mount and my rear bumper.
He's located in Midlothian now. www.trailworxfab.com

Tell them Willy sent you, lol
Awesome, I will check them out!

Thanks!

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

So Jambo is less than a month away! Do we have any more takers from the group? Would love to have an Overland Bound group photo while we are all there!

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

So Jambo is less than a month away! Do we have any more takers from the group? Would love to have an Overland Bound group photo while we are all there!
Might just be you and me, haha.
Did you get your lift installed?
I'm going to start going through my camping equipment this weekend this weekend. I'm going to lighten up my camping equipment I take that I don't need.

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

I'll be there with the fam but I was intending on staying with the Tacoma World group :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I'm getting there thursday evening after I get off work.
I'm staying at the ArkLaTex camp in my campsite.

I'm sure I'll start off Friday morning hitting the trails.
Lunch time I'll head over to the pavilion for food and seeing everyone.
This year I'll be looking for OB emblems to say hi.
20160612_091538.jpg

Reactions: pixelsailor

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

I'm getting there thursday evening after I get off work.
I'm staying at the ArkLaTex camp in my campsite.

I'm sure I'll start off Friday morning hitting the trails.
Lunch time I'll head over to the pavilion for food and seeing everyone.
This year I'll be looking for OB emblems to say hi.
View attachment 20952
I need a place to stay - I am getting there Thursday afternoon.. do I need to reserve a spot or is it first come first served?

Just me and my son (although my 4 year old says she wants to go too - so we may have a full rig.)

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Might just be you and me, haha.
Did you get your lift installed?
I'm going to start going through my camping equipment this weekend this weekend. I'm going to lighten up my camping equipment I take that I don't need.
That is a negative on the lift... Icon was on back order for ever, and then the friggin Hail storm destroyed my roof - so I adulted and spent that money on my insurance deductible.

I will be rolling stock, but with 275's.

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

Ugh, I hate adulting. A bunch of people signed up at the same time but not one of them reserved a spot. No one knew what was what [emoji14] Are there even designated spots? I know there are areas for camping but I was under the impression that there weren't numbered sites

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CoolMax

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Going with a few guys from the DFW Overland group.

It'll be my first one and I'm looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I need a place to stay - I am getting there Thursday afternoon.. do I need to reserve a spot or is it first come first served?

Just me and my son (although my 4 year old says she wants to go too - so we may have a full rig.)
It's pretty much first come first serve. ArkLaTex and TTR (Toyota Trail Riders) are typicaly reserved for members. Rover Camp (AKA Camp Maybe) is a good camp.
There is a family camp if you don't want the kids to hear adults on adult beverages, that one is Old Camp. That being said, there is also Electric camp. They have electric hookups. Tends to fill faster, but you'd probably find a spot.
You can also go find a spot ANYWHERE in the park and camp, as long as it's not in the middle of a trail. On the edge of one is ok.
Barnwell Mountain Map.jpg

Reactions: pixelsailor