louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Happy Thanksgiving my spam eating buddy ! Did you manage to pick up any special pieces of wood up there in the Ozarks ?
Not this time. We were mainly in national forests and everything around the area had purple paint everywhere and private property signs galore, and with the two boys and all their gear, I was loaded too heavy to have room for anything else anyway. I did see some saw mills up there and I will definitely be back up there with an empty truck bed. :grin:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Great survival food!
SPAM is great everything! My leather boots were staying wet. I rubbed some SPAM on them and now they repel water. My lips were really chapped hiking in the cold...rubbed some SPAM on them and good as new! Kayak had a hole in it, stuffed some SPAM in the hole and covered with duct tape, finished the day with it. I washed my camper and then noticed the tires looked a little dry and faded...rubbed some SPAM on them and now they are show room good! I was lost in the desert for days...popped open a can of SPAM and the buzzards started circling which led the search party straight to me. The wife ran out of hair conditioner while camping....well, you get the idea.
SPAM truly is "Survival In A Can".

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
SPAM is great everything! My leather boots were staying wet. I rubbed some SPAM on them and now they repel water. My lips were really chapped hiking in the cold...rubbed some SPAM on them and good as new! Kayak had a hole in it, stuffed some SPAM in the hole and covered with duct tape, finished the day with it. I washed my camper and then noticed the tires looked a little dry and faded...rubbed some SPAM on them and now they are show room good! I was lost in the desert for days...popped open a can of SPAM and the buzzards started circling which led the search party straight to me. The wife ran out of hair conditioner while camping....well, you get the idea.
SPAM truly is "Survival In A Can".
You forgot to tell us how many cat fish you caught with it at your fishing Darby. :-)

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

So a few months ago I was surveying a tract of land. As I was traversing thru the woods, I happened upon a dumped/discarded range/oven. I could tell by the avocado green color & analog clock that it was 60’s-70’s vintage. I opened the oven & found 4 iron pans including this awesome 8” flat iron!
After wire-wheeling the rust off & seasoning them in the oven, what else to do but cook some Spam!

52C3BDC8-CD1D-4F4B-B687-393C85747811.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
So a few months ago I was surveying a tract of land. As I was traversing thru the woods, I happened upon a dumped/discarded range/oven. I could tell by the avocado green color & analog clock that it was 60’s-70’s vintage. I opened the oven & found 4 iron pans including this awesome 8” flat iron!
After wire-wheeling the rust off & seasoning them in the oven, what else to do but cook some Spam!

View attachment 131259
Dont do that to me, I aint eet yet and I'm hongry !

Reactions: eagle_A40

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

View attachment 131259
you probably got some pans that are WAYYYYY better quality that what is being sold today...and after all that time giving them a little SPAM fat to sizzle was the only respectable thing to do :grinning:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
fixin' to head to big bend nat'l park for 10 days...need to get my SPAM inventory up to speed. went to the ozarks a few weeks ago and made a dish that was SPAM, rice and black eyed peas, a hybrid "hoppin' john", pretty damn good! finally got the wife onboard with eating SPAM and my oldest is eating it now on camp trips after 20yrs.
can't wait for that first cold morning waking up to coffee and a fried SPAM/egg sandwich. sometimes life is TOO good! :grinning:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
fixin' to head to big bend nat'l park for 10 days...need to get my SPAM inventory up to speed. went to the ozarks a few weeks ago and made a dish that was SPAM, rice and black eyed peas, a hybrid "hoppin' john", pretty damn good! finally got the wife onboard with eating SPAM and my oldest is eating it now on camp trips after 20yrs.
can't wait for that first cold morning waking up to coffee and a fried SPAM/egg sandwich. sometimes life is TOO good! :grinning:
When will you go ? You'll be about 400 miles from me casa. Strange but I've never been to BB. I think in 1950 I got to within 30 miles on a sunday outing with a friends family. Don't know why we didn't go all the way. They were trying out their new to them 1947 Ford club coupe, and we had drive over from Odessa Tx.

Reactions: eagle_A40

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
I just fried up some Turkey SPAM for lunch a few minutes ago. My parents looked at me like I was crazy - my wife just avoids it. I asked my parents if the bologna they still eat is any better...crickets... :laughing:

Fried it up, added some delicious bbq sauce and enjoyed the hell outta it! I usually have a can around and enjoy cooking creatively with it! It's very versatile. :grinning:

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I just fried up some Turkey SPAM for lunch a few minutes ago. My parents looked at me like I was crazy - my wife just avoids it. I asked my parents if the bologna they still eat is any better...crickets... :laughing:

Fried it up, added some delicious bbq sauce and enjoyed the hell outta it! I usually have a can around and enjoy cooking creatively with it! It's very versatile. :grinning:
You lost me at turkey . trickery putting spam in the same sentence...... spam and eggs morning here. Kick Christmas week off right!

Last edited:

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
You lost me a turkey . trickery putting spam in the same sentence...... spam and eggs morning here. Kick Christmas week off right!
:laughing: 'Tis the season! Going back for more this morning! :wink: