Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
Now that we know how you feel, which type has become your favorite? Tell me you hum the MONTE PYTHON lyrics skit as your cooking it:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:. Your not Hawaiian are you? They Love Spam just in front of soy sauce on everything. I once worked with a guy who bought a tin jug every 2 weeks (gallon size).

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Now that we know how you feel, which type has become your favorite? Tell me you hum the MONTE PYTHON lyrics skit as your cooking it:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:. Your not Hawaiian are you? They Love Spam just in front of soy sauce on everything. I once worked with a guy who bought a tin jug every 2 weeks (gallon size).
Ha! Actually, I just stick to the original and treat it like ham. I ate a good bit of it as kid and got away from it until I was stationed at Pearl Harbor sub base and the Roach Coach showed up at the ship yard with spam, scrambled eggs and rice for breakfast. Even the McDonalds had spam on their menu there.
I joke about Spam now, but honestly, if I got hungry enough I would eat it...

Reactions: Desert Runner

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Ha! Actually, I just stick to the original and treat it like ham. I ate a good bit of it as kid and got away from it until I was stationed at Pearl Harbor sub base and the Roach Coach showed up at the ship yard with spam, scrambled eggs and rice for breakfast. Even the McDonalds had spam on their menu there.
I joke about Spam now, but honestly, if I got hungry enough I would eat it...
Yup....when my buddies and I were in Hawaii for a month, we ate a lot of breakfasts at McDonalds purely to get the SPAM & Portuguese saugae with breakfast. That and McLobster rolls.

OkieMizzou

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
I think it was Marie Antoinette that said "Let them eat cake" and they chopped off her head. 225 years later, and I get the same reaction to Spam. Wife won't touch it, kids run from it, and even the roaches scurry around it. I don't get it. When I pop open a can of Spam and that big gelatinous lump falls onto the paper plate still holding the shape of the can, my mouth can't help but water. Its a delicate balance of salt, fat and nitrites that make my taste buds tingle. (My left arm also starts tingling after eating a can for some reason). I think its the perfect food... no refrigeration, indefinite shelf life, and you don't even need a can opener. Even after opening a can, the contents can stay out a long time and are still as good as the day it was congealed at the factory.

All I know is that if eating Spam is wrong, I don't ever want to be right! So, for all the Spam eaters out there...raise your plastic spork in a toast to the world's most perfect food! Did I say toast? Yeah, Spam goes great on that, too!
Hear, hear! I'll climb the mountain with you. I love Spam!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
When I'm not eating SPAM, I'm thinking about SPAM...

HomerSpam.gif

Ha Ha. Well, I think I'm spamed-out on this thread now....might have to move on to the second perfect food...CHEEZ-ITs!