Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Only thing better is SOS on sourdough toast and a lot of pepper. My dad used to make when I was a kid and I still make it. Funny how food is tied to so many memories...comfort food. Still fry up spam too!
ArmourBeef.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Only thing better is SOS on sourdough toast and a lot of pepper. My dad used to make when I was a kid and I still make it. Funny how food is tied to so many memories...comfort food. Still fry up spam too!
View attachment 199171
i never even heard of SOS until i got in the navy. the submarine school in groton, ct had a galley that served it for breakfast...VERY tasty!
once i got to the fleet, it was powdered eggs and imitation bacon for the next 4 1/2 yrs....:expressionless:

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
i never even heard of SOS until i got in the navy. the submarine school in groton, ct had a galley that served it for breakfast...VERY tasty!
once i got to the fleet, it was powdered eggs and imitation bacon for the next 4 1/2 yrs....:expressionless:
Ain't it amazing how something so good can be turned into something so bad?

Reactions: grubworm

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

View attachment 199171
A regular at my house growing up too. We had a bit less colorful name for it though! Good memories...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
  • Haha

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
has anyone seen teriyaki SPAM anywhere?

i've hit every walmart and dollar general in a 50 mile radius and NO teriyaki SPAM. not sure what covid has to do with flavored SPAM going MIA....:rage:

1625929353703.png

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder

i've hit every walmart and dollar general in a 50 mile radius and NO teriyaki SPAM. not sure what covid has to do with flavored SPAM going MIA....:rage:

View attachment 203844
If Amazon doesn't list it it may not exist. WalMart has a "notify me when available" message. Maybe one could marinade or inject teriyaki into substance like one does a turkey? :grinning:

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

For those of you interested...

Have any of you seen the "Maui Snow" that's being test marketed?

The big question is... did anyone have a set of brass ones big enough to try 'Spam Pumpkin Spice'? Note the article date... about the same time Covid was getting started... perhaps they are looking at the wrong place of origin.... LOL

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

The big question is... did anyone have a set of brass ones big enough to try 'Spam Pumpkin Spice'? Note the article date... about the same time Covid was getting started... perhaps they are looking at the wrong place of origin.... LOL

I want some of the kangaroo spam.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

You guys are terrible. Now I'm Tariyaki Spam hunting. I did stumble across 2 cans of Bacon Spam at Walmart! Can't wait to try it!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Now I'm Tariyaki Spam hunting.
when i first met my wife and started dating 3 yrs ago...she was totally against SPAM. (she's a redhead, so i had to tread lightly on that)
one day we were shopping to go on a trip and she put a small canned ham in the basket. BAM!! that was my que! i immediately ran and got a can of SPAM and read the ingredients of it and the canned ham out aloud to her...the SPAM also went into the cart that day. a few months later we were at big bend and i did a teriyaki SPAM simmered with canned pineapple and served over rice. THAT hooked her. so yeah, i am hoping to get some more teriyaki SPAM to keep that vibe alive :grinning:

my youngest is 18 and living at home going to college and of course we still feed him for the most part. one day we were busy and forgot to feed him and i saw him go into the pantry and get a can of SPAM and fry it and make an egg sandwich with it. it was at that very moment i knew he was going to OK out on his own.....

Last edited:

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

View attachment 203844
According to Spam website it is limited availability and all the listed sellers on the site showed it out of stock.

• Sad