Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
View attachment 196187
I like having this little guy in the truck with me. It now wears a 3x9 scope. Being a takedown it requires very little space. 500 rounds in a crown royal bag takes up no room at all. And I have fed the wife and myself many a delicious cotton tail dinner with it.
What brand is that? I love those take down .22s. Growing up we had a Chinese copy of one of those. It's still in the family actually, my brother took possession of it and it's still used to knock out pests around his ranch.

Reactions: DaleRF

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

What brand is that? I love those take down .22s. Growing up we had a Chinese copy of one of those. It's still in the family actually, my brother took possession of it and it's still used to knock out pests around his ranch.
It is a browning sa-22. It’s a little tack driver. Absolutely love it.

Reactions: Downs

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
I built a rack to carry in the rear of my 4Runner.
Nice, clean and functional install. How heavy is the cross bar and is it bolted to metal or fiberglass. It looks sturdy though.

mack1611

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Red Stick Louisiana
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ackerman
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5QMJ
Nice, clean and functional install. How heavy is the cross bar and is it bolted to metal or fiberglass. It looks sturdy though.
I built the crossbar out of 3/4" square tubing and anchored it at the coat hooks with the original bolts. It is very solid and doesn't move at all.

Reactions: grubworm

Twayson

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bothell, WA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Wayson
Member #

I carry every day.
Never leave home without at least one firearm unless I’m flying or leaving the country.
Currently have my WA and UT CPLs so I’m covered to legally conceal in a number of states

Reactions: Arailt

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

I just submitted my paperwork for my Utah CFP so I can CC in the states I normally camp in (Virginia and West Virginia). Of course, Maryland (home) doesn't honor this, so I'll have to transport out of the state unloaded and secured. I'm going to carry a Glock 29 loaded with 10mm Buffalo Bore 220 Grain Outdoorsman, for bear but also any 2-legged predators.

JHosking

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Coeburn, VA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hosking
Member #

Service Branch
Navy veteran
Wife and I both have Va CCW, and take it seriously wherever we go. We also won't go where any of our tools, that due to some arbitrary and foolish definition are deemed illegal.

Ahoward2k

Rank VI

Advocate I

Helena, Alabama, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
I have a CHL in TX and we have a hog problem here. Every day in my rig I have my CZ 9mm. When I'm hitting the woods I upgrade to my 1911 with some hot ammo, mostly for the hogs. I also keep a 12 gauge around camp with buckshot and a collection of shells in a bag. When I'm just on the road I'll throw my 10-22 takedown in the back,and that one is just as much for fun if I find a good safe spot

Crusader

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Wilcox
Service Branch
USAF
I have a Texas LTC and carry a Kimber Micro 9 anytime I leave the house unless I'm working on Federal property.

Reactions: DaleRF

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I don’t carry - don’t see the need‍♂
Many animals that could take me on out where I go. My firearms is the last resort, but I would prefer to have it than to fight a bear, coyote or wolf. I know all three of those I will lose if it comes down to hand to hand.

K12

Reactions: Msfitoy and Clay B