Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Well if I wasn’t already married I’d hook you up, you freedom loving Canuck!

Don’t judge:):):)
Lol sorry, homey don't play that. Plus I'm quite spoken for in any case. Thanks for the endorsement, though! I often feel far more like an American than a Canadian in many respects.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Well, I may not be an American, but I completely understand and support the US Bill of Rights, including enthusiastic endorsement of the 2nd Amendment. Even Liberal leaning Canada affirms the right to life and security of the person, but what Canada miserably fails to understand is that if you infringe the right to access the tools necessary to effectively exercise a right, you have rendered that right void and meaningless. It would be like claiming to support the right to free speech while simultaneously outlawing every possible means to convey that speech, ie. Radio, tv, newpapers, telephones etc. It's utter hypocrisy and foolishness, and yet this is exactly what my country has been doing for decades.

If I had a claim on US citizenship, I would have moved there long ago.
Amen.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Lol sorry, homey don't play that. Plus I'm quite spoken for in any case. Thanks for the endorsement, though! I often feel far more like an American than a Canadian in many respects.
Don’t suppose you know any single women interested in traveling and exploring the us and world? I’m a nomad seeking a gypsy. Female gypsy that is lol. I’m honestly thinking of traveling to find said gypsy seems like it’s too hard to find down to earth, have their shit together, not psycho American woman anymore.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

I realize I have commented on this thread acting like I have some authority on the matter. I feel it is important to give my background on the subject so that anyone here can decide for themselves weather or not I’m worth listening to.

Firstly, I am not LE or Mil. I have never fast roped out of a help, kicked in doors under night vision, shot UBL in the face, high fived my buddies, and went home. While I have training in a shoot house under NODs, I don’t have any “real world” experience doing it.

I am a USPSA competitive shooter and I have over 300 hours of “tactical” training that I paid for myself, and took time off to do it. I have trained with or under instructors such as Craig Douglas and John Dufresne, with most of my time coming from a local company Spartan DevGru doing force on force work.

The subjects I feel I have the training and experience to comment on are only in the area of concealed carry and performance based shooting. I have enough experience and training to know what works and what doesn’t from an armed civilians perspective.

I’m more than willing to help anyone on there quest to be more prepared to defend themselves and their families. Shoot me a message with any questions and I’ll help you the best a can, or refer you to someone who knows better.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Lucky for me I don’t push a cart. I drive a power wagon [emoji1320]
i hear ya, but for hauling soiled bedding and aluminium cans in an urban environment, the cart is the clear winner...especially if you can get the one where the front wheel doesnt wobble :)

I've been married a few times and each time I probably would have been better off with a bag lady...she'd definitely be more appreciative! There's another thread on here about finding a female companion to live a nomadic lifestyle, and of course the problem is that women are generally programmed to "nest" and "accumulate resources". Women are also extremely social where their status is based on perceived wealth and stability...the leader of their social circle is always the one with the richest husband. Being a nomad or gypsy goes against that, so pretty much any woman interested in a gypsy lifestyle is probably one who doesn't have much and doesn't want much. Which is great, but very hard to find. Hence the bag lady.

That's funny...this went from the OP of legal weapons to bag ladies. Guess after a 38 page thread, we covered the weapons thing pretty well.

Last edited:

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

i hear ya, but for hauling soiled bedding and aluminium cans in an urban environment, the cart is the clear winner...especially if you can get the one where the front wheel doesnt wobble :)

I've been married a few times and each time I probably would have been better off with a bag lady...she'd definitely be more appreciative! There's another thread on here about finding a female companion to live a nomadic lifestyle, and of course the problem is that women are generally programmed to "nest" and "accumulate resources". Women are also extremely social where their status is based on perceived wealth and stability...the leader of their social circle is always the one with the richest husband. Being a nomad or gypsy goes against that, so pretty much any woman interested in a gypsy lifestyle is probably one who doesn't have much and doesn't want much. Which is great, but very hard to find. Hence the bag lady.

That's funny...this went from the OP of legal weapons to bag ladies. Guess after a 38 page thread, we covered the weapons thing pretty well.
Shotgun, Pistol, wait? how did we end up here? :laughing: I think you nailed it on how women are wired, sure there are the random ones that don’t fit the mold but they are rare. Of the ones I known or have known that truly favor the nomadic or adventure lifestyle they are independent enough to not need a man and definitely are not shopping for them on an off road forum. They are out doing it.

My advise, based on not settling down until I was 33 but always having female companions is stop looking. Don’t make the mission about finding adventure girl, make it about relentlessly pursuing adventure while you have the freedom to do so. If the stars are aligned perfectly you may get lucky and catch a unicorn but don’t hold your breath. Also don’t be surprised if the girl that was once all about adventure when you met suddenly decides she is ready to settle down once the relationship has become a permanent thing. Just my experience, others may differ.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Don’t suppose you know any single women interested in traveling and exploring the us and world? I’m a nomad seeking a gypsy. Female gypsy that is lol. I’m honestly thinking of traveling to find said gypsy seems like it’s too hard to find down to earth, have their shit together, not psycho American woman anymore.
How female do I have to be?

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

To the .22 cal post. If you really have to pull iron ( a deadly weapon to prevent death or seriously bodily injury) ( deadly force) are you gun really wound what every your threat may be.. I for sure dont train with 200 to 300 rounds a week to gut shoot a threat..or wound something. Those threats get shot in the face.. or zipped up and laced off. Yeah its like the saying. Oh 380 isnt a good defensive round.. well do you wanna stand in-front of it...no. .22 can go into a shoulder tumble around come out a toe.

Also their are alot of meth labs and drug activities out in the middle of no where.. they know there isnt much out there and go into open spaces forest todo bad things..

Salty4life.. thank you for sharing your background. Was wondering what it was because of the information and knowledge that you have. Very good source of info

Last edited:

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

How female do I have to be?
Be naturally born on. No former cock and balls [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

@Ghost and @grubworm
Thanks for the advice. It’s the entire point of a forum no matter the topic. I do agree with you both that women are status class based. Hence the thought of European women from poorer countries. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are still taught to value experiences and the simple things over materials and social hierarchy. But I could be wrong.

After spending most of my life “settled down” living how society says we should live, I got tired of it. Anyways, thanks for the advice and at some point I look forward to getting to meet everyone off here.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Be naturally born on. No former cock and balls [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

@Ghost and @grubworm
Thanks for the advice. It’s the entire point of a forum no matter the topic. I do agree with you both that women are status class based. Hence the thought of European women from poorer countries. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are still taught to value experiences and the simple things over materials and social hierarchy. But I could be wrong.

After spending most of my life “settled down” living how society says we should live, I got tired of it. Anyways, thanks for the advice and at some point I look forward to getting to meet everyone off here.
You are welcome and I absolutely agree with the point of the forum and sharing information. There are a lot of people here that have much more experience than I do in certain areas and it’s why I’m here. I just happen to be well versed in firearms and bat$hit crazy women.

Side note, had a buddy hook up with a young Russian woman online. Within months he was happily married. Not long after that she bolted on him. Thinking it must have been a fluke he did it again. Shockingly with the exact same results :laughing: :laughing::laughing:

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

You are welcome and I absolutely agree with the point of the forum and sharing information. There are a lot of people here that have much more experience than I do in certain areas and it’s why I’m here. I just happen to be well versed in firearms and bat$hit crazy women.

Side note, had a buddy hook up with a young Russian woman online. Within months he was happily married. Not long after that she bolted on him. Thinking it must have been a fluke he did it again. Shockingly with the exact same results :laughing: :laughing::laughing:
Apparently he never saw the birthday girl with Nicole kidman. Of course she did end up staying with him in the end.

Now I’m not so dysfunctional as to think that a mail order bride would not scam me. However traveling to Europe for months would be a different scenario I’d hope.

As for firearms training I got the from the army and a short course with 10th group. However they are perishable skills as anything is and I am probably going to get an air soft m4 to keep them up to date.

I do have a dry sarcastic sense of humor too so I’m pretty good at taking barbs as long as they are done in jest. It’s the people who are actually douche bags I can’t tolerate and just ignore. So far I haven’t felt that vibe on here or ramforum much. I really can’t wait till I can start traveling to some of the meets. Being stuck in GA is killing me.

Side note, I do have 3 acres of undeveloped pine if anyone would be interested in backyard camping lol. Can bbq and brew :)