US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We will be exploring one of our newest National Monuments, Gold Butte. Where we camp depends on how many people want to camp. We will also meet up with folks who just want to come up for the day and do a day trip on Sunday.

Please note.... This is for the OVERNIGHT rally point ONLY!! Please don't sign up here if you are doing the day trip only!!!

View Rally Point

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Gold Butte has become one of my favorite places over the past year when I can’t go elsewhere in California due to fires or COVID. Whitney Pocket is sort of a mini-Alabama Hills with lots of good camp spots for groups.

Reactions: mwilson920

Mogs And Dogs

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, California, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Cross
Member #

This is great. We just RSVP'd. Can we bring our 2 big dogs? We keep them on leashed. Looks like it's ok in the National Monument but wanted to check with you.

Dana L

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mesquite, NV
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Lakeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7AMR
Chad,
Be aware of coyotes and rattlesnakes. Coyotes out there will hunt at night. When my German Shepherd saw a baby rattlesnake he headed right for it out of curiosity. I grabbed him and pulled him away just as the snake was coiling to strike.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Desert Runner

Mogs And Dogs

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, California, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Cross
Member #

Chad,
Be aware of coyotes and rattlesnakes. Coyotes out there will hunt at night. When my German Shepherd saw a baby rattlesnake he headed right for it out of curiosity. I grabbed him and pulled him away just as the snake was coiling to strike.
Thank you, Dana. Beautiful regal shepherd. I appreciate the heads up on both. Snakes are a huge reason why we don't let them off leash, even when it's ok (also one of the dogs is a runner).

Attachments

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Does anyone know how bad the snow is on trail? I"m thinking of doing it early Feb due to time.

Dana L

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mesquite, NV
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Lakeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7AMR
There is no snow in Gold Butte, except maybe at the higher elevations, which are mostly not accessible by vehicle.

Reactions: daklakfoto

Craig702

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Husted
Member #

So it looks like we are meeting at the corner of Gold Butte Rd and Riverside Rd? I’m horrible with this gps stuff.