First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey Jin,

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I plan to flat tow. I have been doing so for a couple years now with no issues.
I thought about selling the LR and getting an aluminum trailer to haul one of our Subaru Foresters on. But,I’d have to store it somewhere when we camped and the car and trailer combo weigh as much as the LR.
The Subby is not as capable or roomy as the LR, so this is the plan I am working to execute.
BTW, New Mexico is one of our target states when we go full time. I’ve spent a little time there. ABQ, Sante Fe, Taos, Madrid, etc. I LOVE it there!
I'm in the SW corner of the state in the Gila National forrest area if you come my way. Im hoping to get out and stay out wondering the three state area of NM, COL., and AZ. Northern districts in summer, southern districts in winter.

Vince Rothermund

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Vince here from SoCal.

Owner of a 2006 LR3. It is our family's main adventure rig, small house puller, and my kiddos have nicknamed it the DADWAGON. We just joined the San Diego LR Club and hope to meet some people there. We have owned the LR3 for a little over 2 years now and love it. Looking forward to getting the next one...or...the Ineos Grenadier. I mean, it isn't a ROVER, but....

#ob5962

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Vince here from SoCal.

Owner of a 2006 LR3. It is our family's main adventure rig, small house puller, and my kiddos have nicknamed it the DADWAGON. We just joined the San Diego LR Club and hope to meet some people there. We have owned the LR3 for a little over 2 years now and love it. Looking forward to getting the next one...or...the Ineos Grenadier. I mean, it isn't a ROVER, but....

#ob5962
Love to be strong enough to put my spare tire on my rack. Looking great guy !

Reactions: Vince Rothermund

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
thanks. Tires keep getting heavier and Im not getting any younger....I have been thinking with 2nd snatch block pulley (and just the right tree limb) I could use the winch to raise and lower it pretty easily.
Old age isn't as golden for people who have our dreams of adventure.

Reactions: Morrisdl

Vince Rothermund

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Vince here from SoCal.

#ob5962
Love to be strong enough to put my spare tire on my rack. Looking great guy !
Thank you!! The spare is crazy heavy, but it works well up there. Looking forward to a tire swing in the near future! ☺

bennybasics

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, California 90018, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Hi everyone, new to the group and saw that this was definitely a thread for us.

Long time Land Rover nut, formerly an Ex Nato 109" but after a decade hiatus I've been reunited with the world of British Leyland and our 1988 Perentie Defender 110.

She's soon to have NY plates (rather than those Special Vehicle Tasmanian plates in the 2nd photo) and will be crossing the northern divide of the US from NYC to California with some pit stops in the Grand Tetons and Moab.n After that a Baja mission will be due.

Here we go!

110_006.jpg
110_002.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi everyone, new to the group and saw that this was definitely a thread for us.

Long time Land Rover nut, formerly an Ex Nato 109" but after a decade hiatus I've been reunited with the world of British Leyland and our 1988 Perentie Defender 110.

She's soon to have NY plates (rather than those Special Vehicle Tasmanian plates in the 2nd photo) and will be crossing the northern divide of the US from NYC to California with some pit stops in the Grand Tetons and Moab.n After that a Baja mission will be due.

Here we go!

View attachment 164903
View attachment 164904
That's a serious rig my man. Who wouldn't want to own one, but I'll have to live with my 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, she's a great little trail
rig cousin to your rig.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gotta love a Disco! Happy to have your rig as a cousin to mine, hopefully our paths will cross on the road or trail at some point when we travel through NM on the way back to NYC from the west,
I'd like that very much. I plan to be on the road in Sep - Oct for my PNW adventure with friends on the Wa - Organ coast. Have a nice safe trip, that's a long haul down the Baha and across the states both ways.

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Another one for the registry - old 1985 '90 with a 300tdi and LT77. Rebuilt in 2011 onto a galvanized chassis with D1 axles and disc brakes. It's my daily driver - I've owned it for 20 years and would never dream of parting with it, I'll keep running it as long as I can - it's taken us all over the UK, into Europe, Ireland and the Hebridean Islands. Recently fitted with a roof top tent and a repaint/part rolling restoration is planned for over the next 6 months or so

Attachments