Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

I switched my headlight bulbs to LED. OMG! Best idea ever, Stupid bright.
I can only guess that if the LX was indeed just for the U.S. market the reason for the non opening window over the gas door is so little Tommy won’t stuff toys in the fuel tank while he’s in the 3rd row. As Litigious as our country has become.....

ClevelandMoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cleveland, Oh
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Waters
Member #

I brought this one in from Japan about 10 months ago. I put new tires, plugs, wires, filters, thermostat etc. Head unit, 8 new speakers etc. I've been loving it. It's got less than 85k Miles on it and I daily drive it. We fluid-filmed it to get it ready for winter and it's a fantastic runner. I've also got 2 Pajeros (one TDI and one 3.5 gas). I had a TD Prado and a TD Hi-Ace 4x4 and I was ready to step up to a full-size. Unfortunately, I got busy and haven't had the time to do any off-roading / camping. I'm selling it and it's listed on the ClevelandMoto website. It has the armrest cooler / ice maker and it works great. If you're interested in it, just give me a shout. LeftRear.jpgRightFront.jpg

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Sliding window question solved..stationary side slider was the designated location for“Car Phone” Antenna install. You know, back in the day.
ps- I need help setting up a Go Fund Me account so I can finally get an ARB bumper. No?

Reactions: smritte

TxMoose

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Mousavi
Member #

Man i almost forgot about this site. More on ih8mud. While i'm here what roof rack do most guys run on your 200 series. I'm not a fan of what the front runner looks like

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Man i almost forgot about this site. More on ih8mud. While i'm here what roof rack do most guys run on your 200 series. I'm not a fan of what the front runner looks like
I have the Prinsu rack and it's decent. No wind noise and versatile. I'm interested in the ARB rack though.

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
The 80 is the overland vehicle. Figured I'll put my daily driver on display. It started (for me) as a pile of rust by the ocean in Pacifica, CA. It actually started in 79 when a couple of hippies brought it from Canada to study in Berkeley. Their granddaughter blew a piston through the engine block and left it by her house for 5 years. That is when I picked it up. Replaced the B engine with a 13B-t/H55 that I found in Canada 2 years earlier. Took a while but it is back to life.photo 1.JPGIMG_1789.JPGIMG_4523.JPGIMG_4612.JPGIMG_1801.jpg

Reactions: stickel

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Thanks, it has been a work in progress, it’s also a daily driver which is nice has some cool functions incorporated into too such as onboard air where bumpers and sliders hold air too and an onboard shower system using engine coolant to heat up water.

fj.jpg

Reactions: Ob1

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Thanks, it has been a work in progress, it’s also a daily driver which is nice has some cool functions incorporated into too such as onboard air where bumpers and sliders hold air too and an onboard shower system using engine coolant to heat up water.

View attachment 185814
I'm curious how you set up the hot water with 'real estate' in a relative small vehicle. Do you have a heat exchange with a circulating pump and a thermostat into a tank, or is it 'instant' hot water on demand? I was debating which way to go on my 80 series, and ended up with two 9 gallons tanks where the spare used to sit, one hot and one cold, so we turn on the circulating pump 20 minutes before we get into camp and it heats up the 9 gallons to 140F. The thermostat keeps it at 140F while the engine coolant is still warm.

Cheers

--ofer

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I'm curious how you set up the hot water with 'real estate' in a relative small vehicle. Do you have a heat exchange with a circulating pump and a thermostat into a tank, or is it 'instant' hot water on demand? I was debating which way to go on my 80 series, and ended up with two 9 gallons tanks where the spare used to sit, one hot and one cold, so we turn on the circulating pump 20 minutes before we get into camp and it heats up the 9 gallons to 140F. The thermostat keeps it at 140F while the engine coolant is still warm.

Cheers

--ofer
1611944541144.png

I can pull water in from 3 jerry cans usually on the rear rack, or from a stream or other water source, runs up through the heat exchanger, you can see the panel in the picture in the back quarter of FJ

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Nicely done. How do you control the temperature of the water? You have it tuned so the pump capacity is just right to heat the water or you have a mixer? Also, do you have to have the engine running while showering?

Cheers

--ofer

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Jacobson

Cheers

--ofer
That is legit, hoping to do the same thing once I get a rear bumper to mount the spare. Not much use for a long range gas tank on the east coast, rather have some hot and cold water stored low and accessible.

Reactions: Ob1