Land Cruiser/LX registry

• HTML tutorial

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Not for nuthin' but I've found that the LX is more available, likely never off roaded, and usually less expensive than it's LC brother. I hate the exterior styling of the newer ones but by the time I feel I need to replace mine, those will be the right age as a used vehicle.

Unfortunately, for those of us who are fans of these, a lot more people have been buying them in the used market what with all the "overland" kick young people are into so used prices have gone up more than they otherwise might have.

Reactions: Arailt

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
My 91 FJ80 with 231k on the clock. It's all stock and has been my daily driver for the 14 months I've owned it. I haven't even had a chance to take it off road yet .
Not to toot my own horn, but I love that color

Reactions: Stoked

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Curious, have any of you 4.7 owners had a cracked manifold? I *think* mine is maybe cracked on one side but, so far, if it is, it's minor. Still, as I plan to keep this rig, at some point, I'll have to attend to it. If you've dealt with this issue, did you replace the manifold with an OEM or go with something like Doug Thorley?

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Curious, have any of you 4.7 owners had a cracked manifold? I *think* mine is maybe cracked on one side but, so far, if it is, it's minor. Still, as I plan to keep this rig, at some point, I'll have to attend to it. If you've dealt with this issue, did you replace the manifold with an OEM or go with something like Doug Thorley?
I’m not sure if they’re different, but both of the manifolds on my GX’s 4.7 cracked around 50k miles. I had them replaced with factory manifolds.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
309k on my factory manifolds...I have no idea how they have escaped the crack. Having delt with several cracked Jeep manifolds, I'll definitely go with a quality header like the DT's

Wanderinwill

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Flowery Branch, GA, USA
Member #

I jumped head first into the FZJ80 team with a bone stock '94. I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to north Georgia from Texas. She's got 116,000 original miles, rough leather interior, faded paint on the roof and hood, and NO RUST! I've already started my build with an ARB front bumber, M12000, 33" KM3's, and a 2 1/2" Ironman suspension lift. 94710

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Sweet ride, How do you like the ARB rear bumper??? thinking of getting one myself
Thanks! I'm a big fan. The instructions for install weren't the greatest, but once I got everything set up correctly and the rear camera relocation kit installed it's been smooth sailing.

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

96 LX450--OME lift/ heavies on the rear-- Spartan rear locker, (soon harrop/eaton e locker in the front), luna dual battery tray/box, Metal Tech rear uppers and lowers, ARB front bumper, Warn 9k winch, Marlin Gear in transfer case (transfer case gear reduction), white knuckle sliders, cruising offroad tranny and transfer case skids, View attachment 83372View attachment 83373View attachment 83374 tuff stuff rear awning and custom roof rack/basket (cut down a basket that was on a fj60).
Just installed my Avid Off Road dual swing out bumpers lexus avid .JPGlexus avid .JPGlexus avid .JPGlexus avid 2.JPG