Land Cruiser/LX registry

• HTML tutorial

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I see these topics for a few other types of rigs but, as we all know, the Land Cruiser is the finest overland rig out there... :wink:

Mine is a stock 2002 LX-470 with the running boards removed and 265-75-16 KO2s replacing the stock P load all-season tires.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Guess there aren't too many LC/LX owners here compared to other models or brands. Either that or traffic is lighter here than I realized.

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

96 LX450--OME lift/ heavies on the rear-- Spartan rear locker, (soon harrop/eaton e locker in the front), luna dual battery tray/box, Metal Tech rear uppers and lowers, ARB front bumper, Warn 9k winch, Marlin Gear in transfer case (transfer case gear reduction), white knuckle sliders, cruising offroad tranny and transfer case skids, lexus mk.PNG lexus ouray.PNG lexus pdog.jpg tuff stuff rear awning and custom roof rack/basket (cut down a basket that was on a fj60).

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Yay! At least there are a few of is. Nice rigs too! I like seeing them clean looking. Clean as in clean design not clean as in a clean vehicle. I just got mine washed for the first time in probably six months.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Yay! At least there are a few of is. Nice rigs too! I like seeing them clean looking. Clean as in clean design not clean as in a clean vehicle. I just got mine washed for the first time in probably six months.
Give it time, there's a lot of "us" on here, it will populate. This is my favorite thread of the day!

I like to see details, too, what you've done, how it works, what you'd do differently if you could, etc. Good Stuff!

I'll make a post soon, I need to take some decent pictures, but in the meantime, there's this.

Dan.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I thought there was a Land Cruiser topic already, but can't seem to find it!

I drive a 2007 Land Cruiser (prado) 120 series.. :)
I did a search and found nothing, which surprised me.

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
Just picked up my first Land Cruiser, a 91 FJ80 in stock condition, no rust and a clean interior, all for $3500. Looking forward to modding it out and getting it on the trails. Paint's a little rough, but I'm not going to be much easier on it.20190224_071329.jpg

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I assume a black interior as well? How does that beast do in the hot LV son? I love black for a vehicle but my last one was an Alfa Spider when I lived in Sacramento and that sucker, even with a tan interior and convertible top, got HOT!

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

I assume a black interior as well? How does that beast do in the hot LV son? I love black for a vehicle but my last one was an Alfa Spider when I lived in Sacramento and that sucker, even with a tan interior and convertible top, got HOT!
Yes, black interior as well. I picked it up late August last year and it wasn't too bad. Its got ventilated seats and factory remote start so if it does get bad I can always start it up from a distance and get the A/C started before I hop in. :grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: CSG

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I'll have to keep that in mind when the time comes to replace my own LX. Being an '02, it has neither of those features.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

hehe They're pretty convenient features :)

I didn't really have much of a choice on colour. Newer year LCs are very hard to find in my (and the surrounding) areas at a decent, not-20-dollars-off-full-retail price. This was the first one I found and I jumped on it. The dealership I bought it from hadn't even done their initial inspection when I went to look at it.