Land Cruiser/LX registry

• HTML tutorial

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Mine is an '02 with less than 120k miles now and it's my daily driver (I just don't need to drive all that much).

Nomadic Michael

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ouray, CO
Member #

Jumping in...my daily driver is also my 4th LC. 2006 LX470 stock for now but will be adding lockers first.

IMG_1216.JPG

I also own a 67 FJ40 with a 350 Chevy. Works great in the summer for local trails and as a plow in the winter.

IMG_1274.JPG

Previously I owned a 2004 LX470 and put 200k on the clock without any repairs. This was my first overland rig using a roof top tent.

IMG_1276.JPG

My first was a 1972 FJ40 in Miami. I call it the roller skate. It was built out on 44” ground hogs. Pretty hard to keep in a single lane.

IMG_1275.JPG

Attachments

TxMoose

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Mousavi
Member #

I'll chime in. 99 LC with Dissent Offroad Front & Rear Aluminum Bumpers. Full Skid Package. Custom Step Sliders. 12k winch. and more to come!

View attachment 116803

View attachment 116804
have you banged those aluminum bumpers rear or front on anything hard yet? I like the look of the stuff dissent makes. I like the weight savings of aluminum just worried that the level protection is not there compared to a ARB or tjm

civil_offroad

Rank I

Contributor III

have you banged those aluminum bumpers rear or front on anything hard yet? I like the look of the stuff dissent makes. I like the weight savings of aluminum just worried that the level protection is not there compared to a ARB or tjm
Personally I have not. But Ben at Dissent has on his personal 200 series. Check out his Instagram. He most recently took it up a trail and has banged on it pretty hard. He also has some battle wounds from cruise Moab 2019. He builds his stuff in steel as well. But I like the weight savings I’ve experienced. I’m just not into slamming into hard things.

Last edited:

Elco joe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ouray, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Skalsky
Member #

97 land cruiser - 3x locked got it March with 114,000 on the clock. Mostly stock, starting the build
285 km 3, white knuckle sliders and arb bumper
Soon old man emu 2.5
269E4CF2-EA1A-4684-A7C9-EEE93E7F9A60.jpeg3E1578CB-D307-41A0-8E58-911FF4EA0576.jpegFFCDB962-4E96-410B-ACC9-56E08F5CA7C3.jpeg

Reactions: smritte

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Our 1993 80 series since 1998. Converted to turbo diesel/manual/part time 1HDFT/H151 last year with OEM lockers. Removed the two rows in the back and added a full kitchen and shower with hot water. 9 gallons of hot/9 gallons of cold water under the car instead of the spare. Circulating pump runs through heat exchange that replaced the rear heater. Thermostat set to 150F. Couch opens to a twin bed (good for a loving couple...).

IMG_0785.JPGIMG_7277.JPG
IMG_9392.JPGIMG_9726.JPGIMG_9456.jpgIMG_0757.JPGIMG_0009.JPG

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

I have a question for all us LX/FZJ owners. Why is it that on the FZJ80 the rear cargo area slider windows all 4 are operational whereas on the LX only 3 windows are operational sliders with the rear most drivers side window (above the fuel filler door). Does not have a slide ability ? Anybody? Hmmm?

Attachments

gungriffin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
K
Even Ben was a little unsure how aluminum would hold up. It turned out that it handles it quite well. At Cruise Moab this year he was testing aluminum sliders on his 200. They took some pretty good hits and just kept going. If you have questions I would recommend a call or email to him. He is a very honest business person and will tell it like it is. By this point I guarantee that he has done a lot more testing and development on all of his aluminum products. The difference in weight is quite a bit.

Here are a few photos of my 100. 1999 LC Supercharged with about 285k miles. 3x locked, steel skids, Icons, F/R steel bumpers, and a few other bits.
This is Top of the World in Moab this year.
Top of the World Moab.jpg
Poughkeepsie Gulch just above the wall at HIH8
20180714_104506.jpg
Random fun shot at HIH
20180713_083627.jpg

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have a question for all us LX/FZJ owners. Why is it that on the FZJ80 the rear cargo area slider windows all 4 are operational whereas on the LX only 3 windows are operational sliders with the rear most drivers side window (above the fuel filler door). Does not have a slide ability ? Anybody? Hmmm?
Interesting. Now I have to go look at my buddies LX. I have been told but didn't verify that the LX was designed for America and the FJ was not. It could be one of those subtle things they did in that regard. Which amounts to, only the designer knows and we can only assume. I don't think I have opened my windows 5 times in my ownership but my buddies LX he opens them for his dogs. Considering they both appear to use the same frame, it wouldn't be hard to change.
If you wanted one of the aftermarket headlight set ups and you have an LX, you have to switch to the FJ grill. The LX has a different grill and headlights. They also have a clear front marker light with a yellow bulb where the FJ uses a yellow marker with a clear bulb. I switched mine to clear. They look way better.
Why all the subtle differences?