Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hola!

If you want a gringo's perspective on what it was like to travel into the interior of Mexico for an extended period and do some overlanding let me know.

We just returned from a 44 day trip and are happy to answer any questions for those considering.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.09.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.10.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.10.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.11.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.08.28 AM.png

M Chattanooga

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Know that you posted your message a few years ago, but I'm thinking about going yo Mexico next month & would be curious to hear about your trip there. If I go will be traveling in a Toyota Tacoma & mostly wondering about places to set up camp. Might be by myself but would love to go with anyone else do might going in that direction. Cheers, M (most people call me M, but real name is Mark). PS.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Know that you posted your message a few years ago, but I'm thinking about going yo Mexico next month & would be curious to hear about your trip there. If I go will be traveling in a Toyota Tacoma & mostly wondering about places to set up camp. Might be by myself but would love to go with anyone else do might going in that direction. Cheers, M (most people call me M, but real name is Mark). PS.
Hi @M Chattanooga thanks for reaching out! So guess what? We're back in Mexico right now. So we probably have some of the most recent information you'll find around. We have a new thread about this journey. Happy to answer any questions over there. Here's the link: We Are Driving Around The World. Right Now.

Please feel free to ask us any questions at all over on that thread as we don't really use this one any longer. But we have great tips on border crossing, routes, camping etc. And really nice to meet you. You'll love it down here. ~ Eric

OVRLNDX

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Del Rio, TX, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Overfelt
Member #

Very cool. I’m planning a short excursion into Northern Mexico after January 1. Del Rio, TX into Mexico down to Muzquiz and then up to Boquillas Del Carmen across from Big Bend NP.

Reactions: Hourless Life