JKU Rear Seat Delete - Storage Platform

• HTML tutorial

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Just finishing up my rear seat delete. After roughly 2 years of no one sitting back there I figured it was time to make better use of the space. And now that it's about done, I realize I should've done it long ago.
Two storage cubbies access the underside of the platform along with open entry from the side in the event of a longer item (canopy poles, skottle legs). Slam latches and aluminum edge guards finish it out a bit.
Simple design, no fancy materials, and ease of execution were my goals. Materials (Wood, Paint, Hardware) for this project were about $70, and that included buying a full sheet of plywood in which you only use a little more than half.
Is it perfect? NO. Will it serve every intended purpose? YES.
Get out there and build something yourself. It is gratifying and fulfilling.
Let me know if you've got any questions.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I’m getting ready to do this myself. I’m going to go all the way back to the tailgate though. Nice work!

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

I’m getting ready to do this myself. I’m going to go all the way back to the tailgate though. Nice work!
If you flip through the photos you'll notice I've already done that part. Along with adding a drawer system and storage above and retained use of the underfloor storage.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
If you flip through the photos you'll notice I've already done that part. Along with adding a drawer system and storage above and retained use of the underfloor storage.
Geeez... I didn’t realize you had a link there. Lol! Sorry, I’ll check it out!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Very cool! Im in the middle of something similar any chance we could get some additional pictures of the rear area.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Jay61

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

It seems like you have the Goose Gear rear plate system. Did you construct your system to match up with the predrilled holes in the Goose Gear Plates?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I like that wooden rear seat delete, especially the part when you drop in those yellow tops. I have a 2 door JK and have deleted my worthless rear seat and I want to build something like yours as well. My skills are much lower though so it will not grace the time that it takes to actually take a picture of them. haha

Reactions: St8ton

Patriotoverlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lancaster, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3MRS
Staton do you still have the link for this video? Current one in the thread doesn’t work anymore and I would love to check out how you built your platform. Thanks man!

Reactions: THorner

Don Meredith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC
Member #

Looks FANTASTIC! I wonder how my 8 & 10 year old would feel about riding to school in a rear seat area with no rear seats. :D

N8FLY

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fredericksburg, VA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
M
Member #

Just finishing up my rear seat delete. After roughly 2 years of no one sitting back there I figured it was time to make better use of the space. And now that it's about done, I realize I should've done it long ago.
Two storage cubbies access the underside of the platform along with open entry from the side in the event of a longer item (canopy poles, skottle legs). Slam latches and aluminum edge guards finish it out a bit.
Simple design, no fancy materials, and ease of execution were my goals. Materials (Wood, Paint, Hardware) for this project were about $70, and that included buying a full sheet of plywood in which you only use a little more than half.
Is it perfect? NO. Will it serve every intended purpose? YES.
Get out there and build something yourself. It is gratifying and fulfilling.
Let me know if you've got any questions.
That looks great! I went through all the pictures and didn't see how you support/secure the front end of that seat delete platform. Do you have any pictures of the underside or front supports? I going to give this project a try.