Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello from Australia. I drive a Diesel JKU auto. 33" (biggest I can go legally in oz) and a 2 inch lift. Gets me to the campsite and back again and is a little cheaper on Diesel.

In the back I have a set of drawers and fridge slide. Under the drawer I have fitted a Uneek 4x4 storage tub which has a second battery DC-DC inverter and an ARB air-compressor. With custom power outlet boxes on the roll cage with 12v outlets as well as compressed air outlet.

I installed a new head unit with reverse camera and also installed a electronic brake controller for towing while at it.

Also have a switch pod on the A pillar for winch controls and spot lights.

Been to some nice spots through out Australia in it. Plan on many more.

Even the urban jungle

It even makes it to the beach on occasions

But give me a campsite and im happy

Hope you enjoyed.
Adamj
Awesome JKU. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Narbob and ElDusto

southdiver1

Rank II

Advocate II

Hello from Australia. I drive a Diesel JKU auto. 33" (biggest I can go legally in oz) and a 2 inch lift. Gets me to the campsite and back again and is a little cheaper on D

Under the drawer I have fitted a Uneek 4x4 storage tub which has a second battery DC-DC inverter and an ARB air-compressor. With custom power outlet boxes on the roll cage with 12v outlets as well as compressed air outlet.

Adamj

Any chance you could give more details on that second battery/inverter/air compressor setup?

Reactions: Butt Hurt

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I can now join the party. This one is just limited to Daily Driving, lite Camping and the Outer Banks. My wife loves it much more than her '16 Maxima which this replaced.

'16 Limited with some Options.

They left off and covered the Tow hooks from the front so that'll be the first thing I get, along with crossbars for the roof rails.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I can now join the party. This one is just limited to Daily Driving, lite Camping and the Outer Banks. My wife loves it much more than her '16 Maxima which this replaced.

'16 Limited with some Options.

They left off and covered the Tow hooks from the front so that'll be the first thing I get, along with crossbars for the roof rails.
Welcome to the club Wolvee.

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

06 Hemi WK How she currently sits..

Dragging the soon to be something or other trailer project.

Very nice! What you have there is where I want mine to go. Couple questions if you don't mind. First, is your roof rack a single/two/three part rack? I have a similar rack that is two pieces but I would like to get extension. This leaves a lot of hangover to the front, forward of the first crossbar. Do you still find it stable/strong on the forward section?

And lastly, what's your lift? How'd you do it?

Thanks!

Adam S.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union Beach, NJ
Member #

Very nice! What you have there is where I want mine to go. Couple questions if you don't mind. First, is your roof rack a single/two/three part rack? I have a similar rack that is two pieces but I would like to get extension. This leaves a lot of hangover to the front, forward of the first crossbar. Do you still find it stable/strong on the forward section?

And lastly, what's your lift? How'd you do it?

Thanks!
Thanks!

The roof rack is the Rolo, with the extension. It is welded though, instead of using their coupling system. It's currently loaded as seen, with fuel pax full and I don't have any issues. It does extend past my sunroof which is fine because I leave the roof open and it prevents access. The cross bars are as far apart as they can go, and no issues.

Lift specs are:

OME HD springs front and rear.

Rear has a rubber poly spacer.

Front has a 1/2 steel spacer and Monroe struts.

Front JBA upper control arms.

Adjustable rear RRO track bar.

Allows me to run 33's with very limited rub. Still manages to get 14-15 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 65/70mph as it sits, right now.

Reactions: Jose

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

Thanks!

The roof rack is the Rolo, with the extension. It is welded though, instead of using their coupling system. It's currently loaded as seen, with fuel pax full and I don't have any issues. It does extend past my sunroof which is fine because I leave the roof open and it prevents access. The cross bars are as far apart as they can go, and no issues.

Yep, same rack as the one I have, except I haven't got the extension and I was thinking if I get that I would have it welded, too. Do you know, out of curiosity, how long is the rack with the extension, shortest inside dimension? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Adam S.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union Beach, NJ
Member #

I'll measure it later today. I'm at work, but dropped it off at the shop beforehand. Won't have access to it till around 1700 east coast

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Missed the interior LED lights from my 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport and finally put them in the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock, only took a year and half, way better with the Putco Kit.
Nice!! I just got the Precision LEDs set for the interior yesterday but haven't installed them yet. I'm going to do it this weekend

Reactions: Narbob